Accepting offer AFTER injury report

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
saw061600
Legend
Legend

Accepting offer AFTER injury report

Postby saw061600 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:33 am

Well, never done it and never had it happen to me but this just dropped in one of my leagues from an offer I made Saturday?
Give: Crow and DT
Get: Ajayi and Watkins

Sure, looks great for other guy after Ajayi injured and both DT and Crow have great days. Some people's children.

EDIT: copy of a subsequent post...for those who don't bother to read the entirety of discussion.
Agree with most everyone. I usually do revoke all offers but missed this one (1 of 7 leagues). "Some people's children" was meant with mild sarcasm. I did put a chat post: "obviously this offer was made before injury" just to put it out there. Trade is fair either way but did get a message of apology from other owner (and offer that undoes the trade) in response.

For me, I'm thinking to let it stand. Sure things look different after the game but I did make the offer and, if it had been accepted before injury, I'd still be minus a RB. Figure (team 3) it's better to just stick to it and hope Freeman, Howard, Hines can keep me going.

Post was as much as a "live and learn" post as a "this happened, discuss" post.
Last edited by saw061600 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Accepting offer AFTER injury report

Postby chopping mall » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:35 am

whelp, good learning experience,

don't leave offers pending through the games being played or at least don't forget they are out there. The second the reports about Ajayi came out you should have been in there to reject that trade.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:54 am

chopping mall wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:35 am whelp, good learning experience,

don't leave offers pending through the games being played or at least don't forget they are out there. The second the reports about Ajayi came out you should have been in there to reject that trade.
Agree with not leaving trades sit for too long, but watching and waiting for an injury... really? Sure some of us watch football all day every Sunday but who is to say you dont take a break or have other plans for the day?

Come back to Ajayi on your bench because someone saw the injury report first? Cmon man

If you had offered me that and Ajayi got injured I'd ask if you still wanted to do the trade. 9 times out of 10 I'd expect it get rejected, unless its rebuilding pieces or whatever.

At least you got Watkins who is likely the best piece here. Didn't rob you by any means. That's not the point though. I'd be pissed

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:23 am

bush league by your leaguemate, but use it as a learning lesson. be sure to go back to that league while setting lineups each week and revoke any offers.

some leagues and some owners are cut throat. i dont necessarily fault the guy (maybe you should ask why he did it and you guys can reverse?).

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:37 am

I always* revoke any trade offers once the games start.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:05 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:37 am I always* revoke any trade offers once the games start.
This.

Once you start leaving trades open during games...you are asking for injuries.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:17 am

As others have said - use it to learn. Leaving pending offers while games are going is asking for the risk. Trades are best done Tuesday to Saturday.

Also; in my league a trade cannot be processed with a player who has played until everyone has played. I would only assume yours is the same.

That said - even with the Ajayi injury you may have won the deal.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:45 am

sloth8u wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:23 am bush league by your leaguemate, but use it as a learning lesson. be sure to go back to that league while setting lineups each week and revoke any offers.

some leagues and some owners are cut throat. i dont necessarily fault the guy (maybe you should ask why he did it and you guys can reverse?).
It's not bush league at all for accepting the offer. The bush league move was the owner offering not to have revoked before kickoff. There's absolutely no reason this should be reversed.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:46 am

Watkins is worth more to me than Crowell and DT anyway in dynasty
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:00 am

RB6 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:45 am
sloth8u wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:23 am bush league by your leaguemate, but use it as a learning lesson. be sure to go back to that league while setting lineups each week and revoke any offers.

It's not bush league at all for accepting the offer. The bush league move was the owner offering not to have revoked before kickoff. There's absolutely no reason this should be reversed.
Its pathetic. Run to the offer after a guy gets hurt and accept asap. What a joke. If this is Kamara getting hurt and it gets accepted, I dont think people would be saying the same thing

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:06 am

i never said it should be reversed. if the guy accepted it to be a dick or prove a point....he may be willing to reverse if the op wants it is all im saying.

we'll have to agree to disagree if you think trading for players when injury news breaks isnt bush league. i understand that you and others are pointing to making sure all offers are revoked at game time, but this exact scenario could play out during the week aswell. there is no place in a dynasty league where a race to the computer impacts any transaction. obviously just my opinion

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:11 am

Sidenote...you can usually set a deadline for trade offers as well. Pay attention to when players play and make sure offers expire beforehand.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:17 am

sloth8u wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:06 am

i never said it should be reversed. if the guy accepted it to be a dick or prove a point....he may be willing to reverse if the op wants it is all im saying.

we'll have to agree to disagree if you think trading for players when injury news breaks isnt bush league. i understand that you and others are pointing to making sure all offers are revoked at game time, but this exact scenario could play out during the week aswell. there is no place in a dynasty league where a race to the computer impacts any transaction. obviously just my opinion
Kill or be killed.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:20 am

RB6 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:17 am
sloth8u wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:06 am

Kill or be killed.
No. Definitely a bush league move.

The guy who did this just reduced the number of teams will to negotiate with him, or at minimum, made it more difficult. If your idea of a good trade is to rip the other guy off, that's crap and is very shortsighted.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:29 am

For me, Watkins side is the better side pre injury/big game for DT and post injury/big game