Attractive Buy Lows

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Attractive Buy Lows

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:19 pm

Competing in both my leagues this year 6-4 (play against the average) in sig 1 and 3-1-1 in my sig 2 (lost by a point with cooks and breida going out) but I think I'm just 1 guy away in both to really feel confident. Been trying to package a 1st with some high potential guys in both leagues but no ones biting. Any league winners y'all see that people aren't to high on at the moment?
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Attractive Buy Lows

Postby Blueboy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:31 pm

Dion Lewis, Demarius Thomas, Larry Fitz, Carlos Hyde, Phil Rivers. Lots more, but that's off the top of my head

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:26 am

For Sig 1 it looks like you could use an old high producing WR. So, perhaps Jordy Nelson? He's cheap and producing.

Guys like Adrian Peterson, Lynch, Nelson, D. Thomas, E. Sanders, Tate...all are guys that people are willing to trade for a young player with upside if the team has a losing record at this point of the season.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:31 am

Now, a different question would be, if you are NOT contending, who are some guys that you could buy low who are undervalued right now. I'm very interested to hear people's thoughts on that topic.

I've tried to buy Penny, but the owner hasn't bitten yet. Chubb would have been a good target if he hadn't gone off two weeks ago for over 100 yards and 2 TD's on 3 carries.

But there are always young players that are worth going after because people have given up on them.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

BeerMoneyDynasty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BeerMoneyDynasty » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:25 am

**following
QB- Goff / Mayfield
WR- Evans / Diggs / Golladay / Woods / Sutton / Davis / Washington / Kirk
RB- Barkley / Cook / Guice / Kerryon Johnson
TE- Njoku / Henry
2019- 1st (pick 4)
1st (pick 6)
2020- (2) 1sts

AlPal&Ange
All Pro
All Pro

Postby AlPal&Ange » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:05 am

kris_kapsner wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:31 am But there are always young players that are worth going after because people have given up on them.
Some names that come to mind are:

Guice - out of sight out of mind
ROJO & Penny - They're going to have to let them try at some point, too much draft capital to not.
Engram - Down season compared to last
Hunter Henry - see Guice
Gesicki - Everyone thought he'd produce super early, but he's a TE. Cheaper now than at draft time.
Kirk - he's going to be Rosen's safety blanket.
Other rookie WRs that have produced like normal rookie WR's (Miller, Moore, Pettis) - You could maybe get moore for a 2019 1st and the other two for a 2020 second?

Also watch Buck Allen he's going to take the majority of the Ravens reps from Collins.

Pry missing a few though.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:43 pm

Blueboy wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:31 pm Dion Lewis, Demarius Thomas, Larry Fitz, Carlos Hyde, Phil Rivers. Lots more, but that's off the top of my head
how do you see hyde as a buy low? I see him as a sell high. he is doing much better than I think most predicted and he has chubb breathing down his next. well.. inhaling preparing to breath down his neck. if hyde missed even 1 game to injury he may not ever get his job back

I like Agholor as a nice buy low. so far consistency has not been his friend. his 1st 2 years were typical "welcome to the NFL rookie" years were he looked really out of place with a few flashes, then last year started to put it together with wentz and finished just outside the top 20. this year is looking more like his 1st 2 years than last year but philly as a whole seems to be having a superbowl hang over. I would really expect him and wentz to start clicking again in the 2nd half and for him to finish as a low end WR2.

he could be had very cheap, possibly even on the WW in small leagues.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:07 am

my buy lows last week were Shaheen, Fournette, Trequan. Acquired 0 shares. Gesicki seems like a good one. I wasn't on DJ Moore for a 1st but if I can buy at 2.01 type valuation I'd go for it. Rojo will probably be tough if he's going to start this week but 1 long run and the price could jump 50%

mjbaum
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby mjbaum » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:33 am

Does Royce Freeman qualify as a buy low yet?

After Vance Joseph publicly that Freeman "needs more opportunities because he is playing good football" he proceeded to get his lowest carry total of the season (5), although he was significantly involved in the passing game for the first time (3 catches on 4 targets).

It looks like game flow worked against him in this one, but I'm wondering if owners are losing patience after he failed to build on the momentum of week 4 (8 carries, 67 yards, TD, plus an endorsement from the coach).

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:44 am

Might be worth checking on Cooper and seeing if his owners done with him, TY hasnt produced like normal TY and is getting older.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:55 am

TY and E Sanders.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:03 am

mjbaum wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:33 am ... "needs more opportunities because he is playing good football"
...endorsement from the coach).
I don't know what it is, but whenever I see or hear this type of quote from a coach, it seems to be the death knell to any immediate opportunity.

There are some coaching mentalities that are pervasive throughout the NFL, and one of them seems to be:
"Oh this kid has something. I better limit his opportunity as a way of pushing him to work harder."

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:18 am

mjbaum wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:33 am Does Royce Freeman qualify as a buy low yet?

After Vance Joseph publicly that Freeman "needs more opportunities because he is playing good football" he proceeded to get his lowest carry total of the season (5), although he was significantly involved in the passing game for the first time (3 catches on 4 targets).

It looks like game flow worked against him in this one, but I'm wondering if owners are losing patience after he failed to build on the momentum of week 4 (8 carries, 67 yards, TD, plus an endorsement from the coach).
Hard to give Freeman more touches when Lindsay is playing even better football. More Lindsay seems like the best idea.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

mjbaum
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby mjbaum » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:21 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:18 am Hard to give Freeman more touches when Lindsay is playing even better football. More Lindsay seems like the best idea.
I'm not super into the analytics but I've seen some stats thrown around about Freeman that indicate he's doing a great job making people miss, picking up yardage, etc... all while facing a lot of stacked boxes.

Meanwhile Lindsay is not drawing a lot of attention from defenses and goes down much easier.

Apologies for not citing my sources or having the stats to back this up... hopefully someone can fill in the gaps of what I'm saying here.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:02 am

Team 1 could definitely use a QB, and Wilson is off to another slow start. I’d try to package that 1st with Allen or Winston and get Russ.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0