Attractive Buy Lows

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mullmania
MVP
MVP

Re: Attractive Buy Lows

Postby mullmania » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:18 am

Agholor could be a nice buy low potentially.

I just sold my only copy for Sterling Shepard last week.

Shepard has been a pretty good NFL player since day 1 in the league.

Agholor’s career has been a roller coaster so far so I just bet on talent.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:39 pm

It's hard for me to decipher these buy low post without context.

Let's take Freeman, he was suggested as buy low. His 2018 value was somewhere around mid 1st round pick. What would his buy low value be?

Regarding the coaches vote of confidence on Freaman, do you think that comes at Lindsay's expense or Booker's? Seems foolish to limit Lindsay's role in their offense considering how well he is playing.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:42 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:43 pm
Blueboy wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:31 pm Dion Lewis, Demarius Thomas, Larry Fitz, Carlos Hyde, Phil Rivers. Lots more, but that's off the top of my head
how do you see hyde as a buy low? I see him as a sell high. he is doing much better than I think most predicted and he has chubb breathing down his next. well.. inhaling preparing to breath down his neck. if hyde missed even 1 game to injury he may not ever get his job back

I like Agholor as a nice buy low. so far consistency has not been his friend. his 1st 2 years were typical "welcome to the NFL rookie" years were he looked really out of place with a few flashes, then last year started to put it together with wentz and finished just outside the top 20. this year is looking more like his 1st 2 years than last year but philly as a whole seems to be having a superbowl hang over. I would really expect him and wentz to start clicking again in the 2nd half and for him to finish as a low end WR2.

he could be had very cheap, possibly even on the WW in small leagues.
My guess, and it could be wrong, is that he sees Carlos Hyde like Mark Ingram - always undervalued and underappreciated - and able to put up several more years of RB1 production even if in a time share like Ingram has been. I believe Mayfield has been compared to Drew Brees (but I could be mistaken) and Haley is well known for his OC capabilities so it is plausible imo.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:29 pm

ArrylT wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:42 pm
Blueboy wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:31 pm Dion Lewis, Demarius Thomas, Larry Fitz, Carlos Hyde, Phil Rivers. Lots more, but that's off the top of my head
how do you see hyde as a buy low? I see him as a sell high. he is doing much better than I think most predicted and he has chubb breathing down his next. well.. inhaling preparing to breath down his neck. if hyde missed even 1 game to injury he may not ever get his job back

I like Agholor as a nice buy low. so far consistency has not been his friend. his 1st 2 years were typical "welcome to the NFL rookie" years were he looked really out of place with a few flashes, then last year started to put it together with wentz and finished just outside the top 20. this year is looking more like his 1st 2 years than last year but philly as a whole seems to be having a superbowl hang over. I would really expect him and wentz to start clicking again in the 2nd half and for him to finish as a low end WR2.

My guess, and it could be wrong, is that he sees Carlos Hyde like Mark Ingram - always undervalued and underappreciated - and able to put up several more years of RB1 production even if in a time share like Ingram has been. I believe Mayfield has been compared to Drew Brees (but I could be mistaken) and Haley is well known for his OC capabilities so it is plausible imo.
I've definitely seen Mayfield quoted by at least one dynasty expert as "Baby Brees."

And I feel the same way about Hyde. I'm holding where I have him. Perennially underrated.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:37 pm

Spot on :thumbup:

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:07 pm

Is that really how you guys remember ingram? As a guy who drafted him and held on to him 5 years only to sell right before he finally became a stud 2 season ago he was a nightmare to own and definetly overrated.

Only in his 4th year did he rush for 900 yards then regressed again in his 5th year.

Not really sure what my point was, but ingram was not a reliable fantasy option until very recently.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:42 am

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:07 pm

Is that really how you guys remember ingram? As a guy who drafted him and held on to him 5 years only to sell right before he finally became a stud 2 season ago he was a nightmare to own and definetly overrated.

Only in his 4th year did he rush for 900 yards then regressed again in his 5th year.

Not really sure what my point was, but ingram was not a reliable fantasy option until very recently.
Yeah, I'm probably thinking with more recently. I'm saying that Hyde and Ingram were fantastic buy lows heading into this season, and last. I didn't end up grabbing Ingram anywhere, but was able to nab Chubb for very cheap in two leagues.

However, you're also right in saying that this is a good time to sell high on either if your team isn't competitive.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:47 am

He's probably not much of a buy-low after his 3-game return from shoulder injury, but I still think Alshon Jeffery is a solid buy for teams. Before the season, he was being traded away for late 1sts, or a 2nd + prospect. His value might not be quite that low in season, especially to a contender, but he's still undervalued.

He's still just 28 years old, and is a focal point of an elite offense. He might not be Wentz' favorite guy (Ertz), but at worst he's the 1B option. He's parlayed a hefty 29 targets into 18 / 218 / 3 so far this season - which equates to 96 / 1,160 / 16 over a 16-game season.

I've watched him a lot over the past few seasons, and my one complaint was that he looked a little sluggish - like injuries have sapped some of his athletic ability. However, after watching him so far this season, he's definitely got a little pep in his step - he's playing some of his best football in the last few years.

If I'm contending, he's at the top of my target list among WRs.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:00 am

Went with Dalvin Cook as my buy low in both leagues hoping for a 2nd half to the season rebound. 1st sig cook for Breida/1st (later)/2nd (later). 2nd Sig cook for Breida/A. Jones/1st (late)/3rd (late). Thought I got great value considering where he was a few months ago and if he just returns solid rb2 value it will have been worth it
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:36 pm

embe5291 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:00 am Went with Dalvin Cook as my buy low in both leagues hoping for a 2nd half to the season rebound. 1st sig cook for Breida/1st (later)/2nd (later). 2nd Sig cook for Breida/A. Jones/1st (late)/3rd (late). Thought I got great value considering where he was a few months ago and if he just returns solid rb2 value it will have been worth it
All three of Breida, Jones, and that late 1st COULD be solid RB2s as well...so no...I think you need him to be more than just a RB2. Breida just needs to continue what he's been doing through the first 1/3 of the season (other than the getting hurt part) and he alone is on pace to be a low end #1 this year, I think...

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:37 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:07 pm

He may have regressed in total rushing yards but 2015 was the year he made up for it in receptions. He was actually RB11 in 2015 in PPR after being RB14 in 2014. Even in STD leagues Ingram 2015 was better than other big name backs like McCoy & DeMarco Murray.

So basically for the past 4 years (14-17) Ingram has been RB14 or better each year. I am certainly not saying Hydes career will follow that of Ingrams exactly however

(a) Ingram has been solid RB for longer than we think (now in Year 5)
(b) Hyde was an RB2 in 16, then a RB1 in 17, and is now a borderline RB1 again just on rushing totals (he isnt getting many receptions) so thats 3 years
(c) Both Ingram and Hyde each have guys on their team that everyone expects to be the bellcow or stud but instead of being shunted aside are either sharing or leading their backfields successfully.

I actually have never owned Ingram in any of my dynasty leagues, nor Hyde (except briefly) - while I have a lot of Chubb shares - so I do not have a horse in the race - just noting that Hyde could indeed be underrated - and he's young enough that even if Cleveland moves on he could find a couple of more years of relevance ala DeMarco Murray.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:54 pm

↑↑↑Good points for Hyde a buy target...
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:09 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:37 pm I actually have never owned Ingram in any of my dynasty leagues, nor Hyde (except briefly) - while I have a lot of Chubb shares - so I do not have a horse in the race - just noting that Hyde could indeed be underrated - and he's young enough that even if Cleveland moves on he could find a couple of more years of relevance ala DeMarco Murray.
I only remember Ingram being trash for a whole three years and then finally being worth his draft cost (both RL and fantasy)... in year 4!

That's an eternity to wait on RB for an early 1st round rookie pick, 1.01 in plenty of drafts - which means most teams desperately needed a stud RB out of the gate picking there (oh like... me!). Oh well, screw these 'Bama backs! Right Richardson?! And you too Yeldon, except for this temporary stretch with Fournette out! And yeah, you too Henry!!

Dear lord, I drafted 3 of those 4 turds! :roll: Talk about setting back my dynasty team for years.

BOT, Henry (the one I didn't draft of the four Bama backs) might be the next 4th year breakout back. Or 5th. Who knows. I tried to trade for him before the season started when he still had hope/hype, but most everyone except the truthers are souring on him now. And yeah, as has been said, that entire mystifying Titans offense apparently needs to play the Eagles every week to be fantasy-relevant. So much offensive talent, such terrible production - going all the way back to their unwatchable preseason.

So yeah, if you're one of the few who still believe, Henry's a good buy low right now - even if (hopefully if?) he ends up on another team within a few years.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:59 pm

Valhalla wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:36 pm
embe5291 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:00 am Went with Dalvin Cook as my buy low in both leagues hoping for a 2nd half to the season rebound. 1st sig cook for Breida/1st (later)/2nd (later). 2nd Sig cook for Breida/A. Jones/1st (late)/3rd (late). Thought I got great value considering where he was a few months ago and if he just returns solid rb2 value it will have been worth it
All three of Breida, Jones, and that late 1st COULD be solid RB2s as well...so no...I think you need him to be more than just a RB2. Breida just needs to continue what he's been doing through the first 1/3 of the season (other than the getting hurt part) and he alone is on pace to be a low end #1 this year, I think...
Maybe I'm just trying to justify my trade but matt breida is certainly playing near his ceiling right now I would expect regression. If aaron jones was going to get the job I feel hed be getting more carries, McCarthy loves williams and Montgomery for some reason. 1st is valuable but look at how the 1st round picks are busting this year, and I dont hold much value in late 2nds. All told unless my team starts to suck and I gave up a high pick there's a high likelihood that only 1 of those 4 assets is ever turns into a starter
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:41 am

David Johnson
Leonard Fournette
Marquise Goodwin
Duke Johnson
T.Y. Hilton
Derrick Henry
Allen Robinson