Not sure what I can do here.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
sk25411
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Not sure what I can do here.

Postby sk25411 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:41 pm

I’m at a loss for words with my team right now. Team is in sig, I’ve made so many moves to get this team how I want it, and now I’m sitting at 1-4.

I seriously feel like throwing stuff out the window right now. 3/4 weeks I play a team that goes absolutely nuts, and I score the second most for the week. This same situation happened to me in 2015 and I finished with the second most points with a 5-8 record.

Do I blow this team up? Hope for luck to just turn my way FOR ONCE? Get rid of some pieces? Tank? I really don’t know.

Fantasy just isn’t fun when this happens.
12 Team Dynasty, Year #5 (.5PPR)
Lights, Kamara, Action
QB(1), RB(2), WR(3), TE(1), FLEX(2), K, D/ST

QB: Wilson, Brissett, Luck
RB: Kamara, Cook, L.Murray, Justice Hill, Yeldon
WR: Julio, Godwin, ARob, Cooks, Cooper, J.Gordon, Zay, A.Wilson, T.Quinn, Campbell, JJAW, Hardman
TE: Henry, Brate, Moreau, Knox, Oliver
K: Zuerlin
D/ST: Pats, LA Rams, NYG

2020: 1, 2, 3
2021: 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Not sure what I can do here.

Postby jordanzs » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:57 pm

I take it this is merely a venting post? I feel your pain, we've all been there.

And with that being said, why blow this team up? It's set to compete in future years.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:00 pm

Deep breaths...

It's a 1 QB start. You only need 2 of those 3.
You also only need 1 kicker...

Your RB are good if not great. WR Corp is good but try and move Jordy for a piece that can help next year.

I'm sure WW could be picked over. You can drop guys like Swaim, Wilson, Benjy

Otherwise you're fine. Some small tweaks. No reason to blow it up

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:02 pm

Perhaps try to convince the Commish to add Victory Points for regular season for future years.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:06 pm

Those are the breaks.

In one league last year I started 1-4, but then won 8 straight.

Your team is performing. Do not overreact.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:06 pm

Don’t blow anything up. Cut the guys others have already mentioned. My team in sig has been hand crafted the way I want it and it’s underperforming as well. After this week I’ll be 3-2 but not scoring very much.

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:34 pm

sk25411 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:41 pm I’m at a loss for words with my team right now. Team is in sig, I’ve made so many moves to get this team how I want it, and now I’m sitting at 1-4.

I seriously feel like throwing stuff out the window right now. 3/4 weeks I play a team that goes absolutely nuts, and I score the second most for the week. This same situation happened to me in 2015 and I finished with the second most points with a 5-8 record.

Do I blow this team up? Hope for luck to just turn my way FOR ONCE? Get rid of some pieces? Tank? I really don’t know.

It won't do you any good to blow up your team. In my 12 team league, the 5th highest scoring team is also at 1~4, and the last two weeks, he has been the second highest scoring team in the league and he lost both those games.

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:53 pm

Wile E. Coyote wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:34 pm
sk25411 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:41 pm I’m at a loss for words with my team right now. Team is in sig, I’ve made so many moves to get this team how I want it, and now I’m sitting at 1-4.

It won't do you any good to blow up your team. In my 12 team league, the 5th highest scoring team is also at 1~4, and the last two weeks, he has been the second highest scoring team in the league and he lost both those games.
Maybe throw out a rule change suggestion for playoff format (to be implemented next season, of course).

In every one of my dynasty leagues, the top scoring team NOT in the top-5 of records gets the 6th seed. That way an incredibly good team that happens to get unlucky all season still makes the playoffs. Nobody has ever complained about it since we implemented that rule several years ago, and it makes the final few weeks WILD since you may have 4-6 teams vying for the wild card still.

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:14 pm

snaps06 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:53 pm

Maybe throw out a rule change suggestion for playoff format (to be implemented next season, of course).

In every one of my dynasty leagues, the top scoring team NOT in the top-5 of records gets the 6th seed. That way an incredibly good team that happens to get unlucky all season still makes the playoffs. Nobody has ever complained about it since we implemented that rule several years ago, and it makes the final few weeks WILD since you may have 4-6 teams vying for the wild card still.
I was going to suggest the same thing. Suggest a rule change (starting next year) to allow final wildcard be awarded to top points. I do that in one league and it works very well and gives all legitimate teams hope all season, without needing to be overly focused on record alone.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

sk25411
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby sk25411 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:21 am

Definitely a vent post from me. Thanks for the replies.

I love the wild card team rule, it actually would have changed our playoffs in the last 2 years, as the second highest scoring team overall missed the playoffs. Shocker, he’s 5-0 this year lol.

Our WW is so picked through, I’m always cutting and adding long shots, there’s nothing really there now. That’s why some of the guys are on my team, including 2 kickers heh.

Hopefully, I can turn this around and push to the playoffs.

If the losses keep stacking up, who would you guys suggest I move? (If I’m definitely out, no trade deadline)
12 Team Dynasty, Year #5 (.5PPR)
Lights, Kamara, Action
QB(1), RB(2), WR(3), TE(1), FLEX(2), K, D/ST

QB: Wilson, Brissett, Luck
RB: Kamara, Cook, L.Murray, Justice Hill, Yeldon
WR: Julio, Godwin, ARob, Cooks, Cooper, J.Gordon, Zay, A.Wilson, T.Quinn, Campbell, JJAW, Hardman
TE: Henry, Brate, Moreau, Knox, Oliver
K: Zuerlin
D/ST: Pats, LA Rams, NYG

2020: 1, 2, 3
2021: 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:16 am

sk25411 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:21 am Definitely a vent post from me. Thanks for the replies.

I love the wild card team rule, it actually would have changed our playoffs in the last 2 years, as the second highest scoring team overall missed the playoffs. Shocker, he’s 5-0 this year lol.

Our WW is so picked through, I’m always cutting and adding long shots, there’s nothing really there now. That’s why some of the guys are on my team, including 2 kickers heh.

Hopefully, I can turn this around and push to the playoffs.

If the losses keep stacking up, who would you guys suggest I move? (If I’m definitely out, no trade deadline)
I personally wouldn't tinker too much with that roster. It's set up to win for a few years. Maybe package Jordan Howard for an upgrade or watch for a good buy-low opportunity to upgrade your RB position for next year. You've still got your 1st round pick, so if it ends up high, then that will just give you the potential for another solid player to add to your already solid lineup.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:06 pm

Dr.Graffin wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:14 pm
snaps06 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:53 pm

I was going to suggest the same thing. Suggest a rule change (starting next year) to allow final wildcard be awarded to top points. I do that in one league and it works very well and gives all legitimate teams hope all season, without needing to be overly focused on record alone.
This. We have 4 divisions of 3 teams. Each division sends a team, and the final two spots are based off of power rank (you pick what you want - power rank, points scored, all play record, victory points). Bottom line is it allows for teams that got unlucky in scheduling to make the playoffs if they truly are the deserving teams.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:35 pm

I feel ya. im 3-2 but injuries have hit my team hard and some guys haven't performed to expectations. Like you I spent the last 12 months ripping people off like a savant to develop the perfect team and I thought I would go 16-0 but alas im just staying afloat. That's why we play the game right....

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:23 pm

Last year I was high points in the league, made the playoffs with a 6-7 record and lost in the first round. Made a couple off season moves and now sit 5-0 with the high points. Not much you can do about the luck aspect of head to head match ups, just keep your eye on your point total and build the best team you can.
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich