If you own Sammy and/or A. Cooper...

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

If you own Sammy and/or A. Cooper...

Postby Oddball456 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Are you as bad at picking what week to play them?

Week 1
Sammy: 5.1 points
Cooper: 2.8 points
I play Cooper, lose by 4 points

Week 2
Sammy: 19.1 points
Cooper: 21.6 points
I play neither and would have lost even if I played them.

Week 3
Sammy: 18.5 points
Cooper: 3.7 points
I play both and win easily

Week 4
Sammy: 0 points
Cooper: 26.8 points
I play Sammy, lose by 3

Week 5
Sammy: 13.8 points
Cooper: 2 points
I play Cooper, and the game will go to MNF but it will be close either way.

So out of the 4 good games and 1 ok game they have had over 10 total, I have hit on one good game and got 4 really bad games. The 5 times I have put one of them in my line-up, I have averaged 5.4 points.

Has anyone had decent luck with either of these guys? Even with bye weeks coming up I am having a hard time thinking I will use them again any time soon.

srlarson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: If you own Sammy and/or A. Cooper...

Postby srlarson » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:40 pm

didn't draft either or own either in any of my leagues.....in one redraft picked up Cooper as my WR6 so we'll see what he does....but not playing either one....
Empire 10 team 30man rosters QB, 2rb, 3Wr, TE, 2F, K (.5ppr RB's, ppr WR/TE)
redraft coming

Empire 12 team SF 30man rosters - QB, 2rb, 2wr, te, sf, Rb/Wr/Te flex, 2Rb/Wr Flex
(rb .5ppr, wr 1ppr, TE 1.5ppr) -
QB - Prescott, Cousins, M Jones, C. Rush
RB - JT, Chubb, J Cook, Hunt, Penny, Patterson, Foreman, Davis-Price, Henderson, Patterson
WR - Diggs, M Thomas, Gallup, K Phillips, Goodwin, Hollins, C Moore, raymond, reynolds, D robinson, J Watson
TE - Ertz, Brate, McBride, Akins, Gray

scorpion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby scorpion » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:49 pm

they both suffer from Bortles-syndrome
12 Team 21 Keeper / 27 Roster 0.5-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 D FLEX, 3 IR - 6th Year | Commish | Champion 2013, 2015

QB: T. Brady, M. Stafford, B. Mayfield
RB: E. Elliot, L. Miller, L. McCoy, R. Freeman, P. Lindsay, , G. Edwards, D. Foreman
WR: A. Brown, A. Thielen, A. Robinson, M. Goodwin, J. Gordon, A. Miller, D. Moore
TE: E. Engram, T. Burton
K: B. Maher (Current Streamer)
DL: J. Clowney, D. Lawrence
LB: L. David, L. Vander Esch, Z. Cunningham, T. Whitehead
DB: B. Baker, J. Bates

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:52 pm

I’d feel more comfortable starting Watkins at this point. That offense is serious and even a bad game isn’t bad compared to Cooper. I haven’t seen someone so overrated, he won’t ever live up to the expectations
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:44 pm

Rosenbluu wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:52 pm I’d feel more comfortable starting Watkins at this point. That offense is serious and even a bad game isn’t bad compared to Cooper. I haven’t seen someone so overrated, he won’t ever live up to the expectations
He gets open frequently, but Carr is already looking to the TE or RB. His QB does not target him nearly enough. He's not elite, but there are so many times he is open and Carr is throwing to someone who isn't nearly as open. It's been frustrating me for a few years as a Raider fan.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:51 pm

It's pretty simple on Sammy. After week 1's acclimation period, start him every week he plays. Week 4 was purely due to injury & early exit. Happens to every player, even good ones.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:10 pm

Cooper is better off left on your bench as the window to get value for him has long passed. People just need to accept he is not as good as many thought he is. He is still young and could improve but he is not worth the risk of starting.

Watkins is at least getting targets in a high octane offense but you should know it is a "pick your poison" style offense.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:23 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:10 pm Cooper is better off left on your bench as the window to get value for him has long passed. People just need to accept he is not as good as many thought he is. He is still young and could improve but he is not worth the risk of starting.

Watkins is at least getting targets in a high octane offense but you should know it is a "pick your poison" style offense.
Agreed with this. Coop still has time to get better, but he's too boom or bust right now. I was just looking up stats on WR's and it blew me away to see Tim Brown had his first 1000 yard season in his 6th season. So plenty of time for Coop to step it up and become consistent, but I honestly believe it's also on Carr. Raiders are a mess right now.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:26 am

Phaded wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:10 pm Cooper is better off left on your bench as the window to get value for him has long passed. People just need to accept he is not as good as many thought he is. He is still young and could improve but he is not worth the risk of starting.

I think cooper is talented and has proved that when he has been thrown the ball! There is no excuse for arguably your best wideout to only get one target in the game! I blame Car and the coaching staff more than coopers lack of talent. Thrown him the damn ball! :wall:

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:09 am

Oddball456 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:01 pm So out of the 4 good games and 1 ok game they have had over 10 total, I have hit on one good game and got 4 really bad games. The 5 times I have put one of them in my line-up, I have averaged 5.4 points.
Sammy was knocked out of the game vs. DEN with a hamstring injury, and they quickly ruled him out. This concerned me, and I was a little nervous going into yesterday when he was active... but he still had 8 targets for 6-78. I was optimistic of him after seeing he got 5 targets week 1--aside from his game last week where he left early after playing only 12 snaps, he has been very involved.

Cooper, on the other hand, is someone I would be very nervous to play. Snaps are one thing--Cooper had 96% of snaps in yesterday's game--but 1 target? Say what you want about Cooper's talent, but the real issue for me is having zero trust in the team's playcalling (and/or my ability to predict their general game plan week-by-week).

Watkins is an easy play every week for me. Cooper is not.

Hofbrau
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Hofbrau » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:39 am

Sammy feels like a guy with a decent floor and some upside. Amari- who knows? He's benched indefinitely on my team. So disappointing..

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:54 am

heyfeefellskee wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:09 am
Oddball456 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:01 pm So out of the 4 good games and 1 ok game they have had over 10 total, I have hit on one good game and got 4 really bad games. The 5 times I have put one of them in my line-up, I have averaged 5.4 points.
Sammy was knocked out of the game vs. DEN with a hamstring injury, and they quickly ruled him out. This concerned me, and I was a little nervous going into yesterday when he was active... but he still had 8 targets for 6-78. I was optimistic of him after seeing he got 5 targets week 1--aside from his game last week where he left early after playing only 12 snaps, he has been very involved.

Cooper, on the other hand, is someone I would be very nervous to play. Snaps are one thing--Cooper had 96% of snaps in yesterday's game--but 1 target? Say what you want about Cooper's talent, but the real issue for me is having zero trust in the team's playcalling (and/or my ability to predict their general game plan week-by-week).

Watkins is an easy play every week for me. Cooper is not.
^this

Am I the only one who has this sinking feeling that Gruden has already soured on Cooper? Yeah, it's early but it doesn't feel like the Raiders offense runs thru Amari as Gruden promised just a few months ago. Nor does it feel like it's happening anytime soon. "Easier said than done to get Cooper going". Then again, I'm hoping all my league mates keep trotting Cooper out there against my teams for the random good game. Even those guys are starting to have serious doubts.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:13 am

I own no shares of either of these guys and I won't be trying to acquire either of them anytime soon. I could see Sammy as a wr4 or so on a competing team. Coop shouldn't be started unless you have to. Sammy isn't who we thought he'd be when he was drafted, neither is A.Cooper.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:43 am

Sammy is a WR 3/4 if you have a bad team or are in a huge league.
Coop should probably be benched for now until he shows a little more consistency.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:24 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:43 am Sammy is a WR 3/4 if you have a bad team or are in a huge league.
Coop should probably be benched for now until he shows a little more consistency.
Outside of week 1 and when he got knocked out last week, he's been a WR2. If you get him for WR3/4 prices he's a plug and play.