Nick Chubb Thread: Chubb = Stud

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Nick Chubb = Studd

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:00 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:40 pm Score another victory for Matt Waldman. He's killed it this year by stubbornly championing both Mahomes and Chubb leading up to this season.

Not so much Dante Pettis...
I'm still not giving up on him just yet. The knee issue hasn't helped, but earlier in the year before he was hurt his routes, stem breaks, change of direction looked awfully good. And there's certainly room on the depth chart if he could just stay healthy. Big "if" I realize.

But in 2019 when the QB situation is a little better, and as some of the youth on that team matures I think Pettis could still be a viable piece. We'll see though.

As for Chubb, I was thrilled that he fell to 1.08 and I was able to draft him. It was either Chubb or Kerryon, and at this point it seems either would have been a solid pick at that spot. It's looking like the 2018 RB class was as good as advertised.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:21 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:00 pm
ninotoreS wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:40 pm Score another victory for Matt Waldman. He's killed it this year by stubbornly championing both Mahomes and Chubb leading up to this season.

I'm still not giving up on him just yet. The knee issue hasn't helped, but earlier in the year before he was hurt his routes, stem breaks, change of direction looked awfully good. And there's certainly room on the depth chart if he could just stay healthy. Big "if" I realize.

But in 2019 when the QB situation is a little better, and as some of the youth on that team matures I think Pettis could still be a viable piece. We'll see though.

As for Chubb, I was thrilled that he fell to 1.08 and I was able to draft him. It was either Chubb or Kerryon, and at this point it seems either would have been a solid pick at that spot. It's looking like the 2018 RB class was as good as advertised.
It's too early to give up on Pettis. He's been banged up all year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

BaltimoreBlowfish
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby BaltimoreBlowfish » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:06 am

Does Chubb have a handcuff? They wouldn't give Duke 15 carries, would they? Is it Hilliard?

juke05
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby juke05 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:11 am

BaltimoreBlowfish wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:06 am Does Chubb have a handcuff? They wouldn't give Duke 15 carries, would they? Is it Hilliard?
hilliard is the only other RB on the roster, but I would guess duke would just see a LOT more work

infamousbacardi
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby infamousbacardi » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:26 am

jetsfan5757 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:08 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:43 pm Interesting but the reality it would be foolish to draft him anywhere close to top 5.

Yes he can catch a short pass but that is not close to his skill set at this point. Chubb is a very good 2 down RB. In today's NFL and ppr scoring fantasy; he is a RB2.

YTD:

Barkley, Kamara, McCaffery are over 50; Gurley, Elliiott, Gordon, Johnson are 30 plus; Hunt has 20 plus to name a few.

Doubt Chubb's 6 catches are in the top 75 in the league. I do think he could get to 25 - 30 Receptions per year some day but it is pretty clear for the foreseeable future that Johnson will be the RB that gets 50 plus receptions on this team and that limits Chubb's value in PPr fantasy leagues.

Nothing wrong with hope but Chubb in reality is pound it style runner. They will run him which is precisely why they drafted him.
In my particular case and for the ranks I posted, I'm talking non ppr.

That said, I'd be shocked if he didn't surpass 25 catches a season. He is capable of catching it, so why not keep defenders guessing a bit more? I still agree Duke will get the majority of the RB targets.

He won't get the boost that Saquon, Kamara and McCaffrey get, but he will still be a stud in either format I think. Lower obviously in PPR.
He has 6 catches in 4 games since taking over lead duties. That's on pace for 24 over 16 games. Can't see it declining from there the more he grows into that offense...so, I think a safe floor if he were to play 16 games in a season is somewhere in the 25 catch region.
10 team league (PPR). 31 player rosters. Keep all 31. Start 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 5 WRs, 2 TEs.

QB: Cousins, Fields (R), Z. Wilson (R), T. Taylor, Minshew, K. Mond (R)
RB: Chubb, Mixon, Ekeler, J. Robinson, C. Edmonds, D. Henderson, S. Ahmed, J. Wilson
WR: Diggs, D.J. Chark, D. Samuel, M. Brown, C. Davis, C. Kirk, D. Slayton, J. Meyers, P. Williams, D. Mooney, M. Callaway, B. Persman, I. Smith-Marsette (R)
TE: Kittle, Herndon, O.J. Howard, H. Bryant, D. Schultz, L. Farrell (R)

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:36 am

BaltimoreBlowfish wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:06 am Does Chubb have a handcuff? They wouldn't give Duke 15 carries, would they? Is it Hilliard?
Duke had the duties last year as their RB1 and I'd expect that to continue.

When Hyde was traded away I tried to get Duke as a handcuff to Chubb. We went back and forth. Then the coaches were fired and the RB coach became the OC...the Duke owner wanted to hold.

I think Duke is the cuff for Chubb.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:37 am

Just saw this pop up in the news feed for Chubb:

According to Jeff Rison of BrownsWire.com, Nick Chubb leads all running backs with missed tackles per attempt

Analysis: The survey data must be relatively shallow as Chubb has only been the starter for four weeks, but based on the chart found at the linked story, Chubb is sporting a 0.29 missed tackles per attempt (MT/ATT). Closely behind is Melvin Gordon (.26), Marshawn Lynch (0.25), Alex Collins (0.24) and Kareem Hunt (0.24). Those who followed Chubb into the NFL aren't surprised as his lower leg drive and plus-level agility provide a powerful-yet-agile amount of lateral ability for an increased likelihood of either eluding or breaking would-be tacklers. In four games as a starter, Chubb has rushed 78 times for 406 yards and three touchdowns. These totals peg Chubb as a cornerstone RB1 in dynasty and highlights what dynasty coaches should be seeking in rookie running backs. He was often selected in the back-half of the first round in rookie drafts this past off-season. He's found as DLF's RB11.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:21 am

Amen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o7oEuLQaSI

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:15 am

kris_kapsner wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:37 am Just saw this pop up in the news feed for Chubb:

According to Jeff Rison of BrownsWire.com, Nick Chubb leads all running backs with missed tackles per attempt

Analysis: The survey data must be relatively shallow as Chubb has only been the starter for four weeks, but based on the chart found at the linked story, Chubb is sporting a 0.29 missed tackles per attempt (MT/ATT). Closely behind is Melvin Gordon (.26), Marshawn Lynch (0.25), Alex Collins (0.24) and Kareem Hunt (0.24). Those who followed Chubb into the NFL aren't surprised as his lower leg drive and plus-level agility provide a powerful-yet-agile amount of lateral ability for an increased likelihood of either eluding or breaking would-be tacklers. In four games as a starter, Chubb has rushed 78 times for 406 yards and three touchdowns. These totals peg Chubb as a cornerstone RB1 in dynasty and highlights what dynasty coaches should be seeking in rookie running backs. He was often selected in the back-half of the first round in rookie drafts this past off-season. He's found as DLF's RB11.
Chubb's vision is probably his biggest asset -- it's what convinced me to draft him 1.02 -- but it's hard to capture with stats. Nice to see something like this.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:17 am

I always had Chubb ahead of Guice, and although we haven't seen what Guice can do, it's hard to envision him doing better with his touches to this point.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:25 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:17 am I always had Chubb ahead of Guice, and although we haven't seen what Guice can do, it's hard to envision him doing better with his touches to this point.
Hard to envision, but one can hope!
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:48 pm

I always thought he was ghe 2nd most talented back in the class. Im dissapointed in myself for passing on him a few times because i didn't think he looked good post injury. Looks like he has returned close to pre injury form!
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:04 pm

I have Chubb ahead of Guice just because we've seen him do it in the NFL. I'm betting they'll be pretty close next season, though.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Price check - Chubb

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:25 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:51 am
Pretty good list. On topic I think your placement of Chubb is pretty fair. Off topic I would have Hunt in the top tier and Conner is probably pushing to be in the MGIII tier. Bell is probably further down now.

Also I own Cook, LF and Guice :wall:
ouch
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:27 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:43 pm Interesting but the reality it would be foolish to draft him anywhere close to top 5.

Yes he can catch a short pass but that is not close to his skill set at this point. Chubb is a very good 2 down RB. In today's NFL and ppr scoring fantasy; he is a RB2.

YTD:

Barkley, Kamara, McCaffery are over 50; Gurley, Elliiott, Gordon, Johnson are 30 plus; Hunt has 20 plus to name a few.

Doubt Chubb's 6 catches are in the top 75 in the league. I do think he could get to 25 - 30 Receptions per year some day but it is pretty clear for the foreseeable future that Johnson will be the RB that gets 50 plus receptions on this team and that limits Chubb's value in PPr fantasy leagues.

Nothing wrong with hope but Chubb in reality is pound it style runner. They will run him which is precisely why they drafted him.
Looks like he CAN catch... I think he blows 20 catches away every year. I think 40+ is more reasonable if he plays 16 games in the season...