Fournette - what to do with him

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Leonard Fournette Value right now

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:46 pm

Just saw Fournette go for 1.09 and 2.09 in a SF/TE premium best ball.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Leonard Fournette Value right now

Postby ArrylT » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:26 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:46 pm Just saw Fournette go for 1.09 and 2.09 in a SF/TE premium best ball.
That seems like what most owners are hoping to buy him at.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Leonard Fournette Heat check

Postby Lord_Varys » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:48 am

I see he's wayyy down on dynasty startup rankings, even though he was about a first rounder just last year. Does one hamstring injury have that much impact? Are we just souring on his talent as an NFL RB? Does anyone still have hope? If not, what would you try to sell him for?

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Leonard Fournette Heat check

Postby Blueboy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:58 am

I'd take him as the 1.01 if he were available. I think the odds are strong that he's a second round startup pick next year. That said, he's someone I'm only buying to sell later on.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

kiszl
Rookie
Rookie

Postby kiszl » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:09 am

Had a share of him and dumped it this offseason. My argument against fournette is hes always injured, and in my opinion is a lock to miss between 2-4 games a season or play hurt through the majority it hurt. A big thing for me that contributed to getting rid of him was that if you look at his yards per carry over his career its 3.7. Sure the jags signed foles but idk man, Im always skeptical about Jacksonville and the below average yards per carry for me scared me off.

I sold him in my league for a 2020 1 and 2, 2021 2 and Dj Moore.
10 team half ppr 1qb 2rb 2wr 1te 2 flex
Russel Wilson, Jameis Winston, Jimmy Garoppolo, Sam Darnold, Taysom Hill
Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk, Courtland Sutton, D.J Moore, Tyler Boyd, Terrace Marshall, TY Hilton, Allen Lazard, Mike Williams, Tim Patrick
Dalvin Cook, Ezekiel Elliott, Cam Akers, Najee Harris, Raheem Mostert, Philip Lindsay, AJ Dillon, Zack Moss
Noah Fant, Tim Tebow, O.J Howard
Taxi Squad: T Lance, D People-Jones, A Okwuegbunam, F Darby, J Jefferson, K Trask, R Stevenson, T Tremble
2022: 1, 2, 5, 6, 7
2023: 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7
2024: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:16 am

I'll just copy my comparison of Fournette/Cook from the buy low RBs thread. As a big buyer on Fournette as a prospect I have watched a ton of him, here are my personal conclusions.

The difference is that Cook has actually been efficient and looked very good when he played, whereas Fournette has been very inefficient and frankly, looked like absolute trash.

I say this as someone who was probably the biggest Fournette truther on this board when he came into the league (heading into this offseason I owned him on literally all 5 of my dynasty teams) and as someone that did not like Cook as a prospect.

Fournette just gets the ball, gets what is there, and falls over. In 2 years of NFL play his highlight reel consists of one nice spin move where he actually made a defender miss (extremely rare for him) and a couple plays where he jumped over the pile at the goaline from admittedly pretty far out.

Other than that, even his highlights are just him running for what's there, and falling over at first contact. His YPC is awful and that's not even accounting for the fact that it is boosted (as if a career 3.5ypc can be "boosted") by a 90 yard run against a busted defense where he literally just ran straight.

When you watch Cook, he actually makes moves, actually makes people miss, actually gains yards that weren't blocked. I realize Fournette isn't that type of RB, I drafted him in all my leagues because he was such a man-beast in college running unstoppably over my Gators LBs every year, but that didn't translate to the pros. It would be one thing if he were running through tackles and hard to bring down. But he's not. He makes no one miss, and he goes down with ease against NFL defenders.

I'm usually a reasonably stubborn guy. I've never jumped off a train as whole heartedly as I am with Fournette this offseason. He is a massive sell imo.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:18 am

Vcize wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:16 am I'll just copy my comparison of Fournette/Cook from the buy low RBs thread.
Lol... your post is why I created this new one. Felt like it was worthy of a discussion. Thanks again for the thoughtful response.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:06 am

He's not Barkely/AP/CMC/Kamara.......but he's still a good RB. He'll be a high end RB2. He's had some issues but I think people are taking his struggles way too far. The whole team struggled and fell apart at the seems.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:24 am

If he's healthy, he's a rock solid RB1. May not be a better time to buy him than now.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:47 pm

I think a big part is the lines run blocking efficiency is dead last in the league (according to playerprofiler). The teams offense is garbage in general (Nick Foles is considered a massive upgrade to what they had, let that sink in), and they don't use him creatively whatsoever (what play should we run this time coach, run up the middle to the left or to the right?). And of course, the injuries. I don't think you can ignore that he had 1k yards as a rookie though, and plenty enough receptions as well. It's really hard to do that.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:18 am

He is definitely one of those players you're going to have to play a hunch on - either you believe in him and he rewards you or you do not and you are rewarded by moving onto someone else - there does not seem to be a middle ground on Fournette at the moment. We shall see if he is the RB version of Davante Adams (rebounded after rough sophomore year) or Devante Parker (continued to disappoint). ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:21 am

Fournette was still RB12 in PPG. When he’s in the lineup he’s an automatic start and has a really high floor. He has a top 5 ceiling. I anticipate his price tag jumping quite a bit this season. With Yeldon gone too there’s potential for him to have a 40+ catch season as well.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:28 am

Jason3123 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:21 am Fournette was still RB12 in PPG. When he’s in the lineup he’s an automatic start and has a really high floor. He has a top 5 ceiling. I anticipate his price tag jumping quite a bit this season. With Yeldon gone too there’s potential for him to have a 40+ catch season as well.
If he stays healthy, I agree, his stock will soar. Probably a hold right now.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:47 am

I just don't trust Leonard Fournette and felt he was very overvalued coming out of college; even when drafted that high (I was very vocal about it).

He's fine if you are happy with RB2 production - but I don't see him living up to his perceived potential.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:43 pm

All those injuries scare me, he's a bruising back with same playstyle, I have a hard time trusting he will play 14+ games in a season going forward.

I don't need him dying on me during fantasy playoffs lol
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh