Fournette - what to do with him

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Leonard Fournette Value right now

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:06 am

I wonder where Fournette boasting that the NFL was easy before his rookie season will fit into this, narrative wise.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:06 am

Fournette is filing a grievance vs the Jags. This is getting ugly. I can't see him playing for them next year. I'm interested to see where he goes.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:08 am

Pretty remarkable for them to sour so quickly on a #4 draft pick but I imagine Jacksonville was hoping for Ezekiel Elliott or Barkley when they drafted him and he's not on their level today.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:12 am

Servo wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:08 am Pretty remarkable for them to sour so quickly on a #4 draft pick but I imagine Jacksonville was hoping for Ezekiel Elliott or Barkley when they drafted him and he's not on their level today.
Zeke would have had a similar performance behind the Jax line with Bortles and Kessler at QB.

Injuries are a legitamate gripe.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Badkins1121 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:14 am

Bot101 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:02 am
ravn88 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:54 am
Bot101 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:39 pm The Jags voided all the remaining guaranteed money in his contract. Uh oh...
Where did you read this?
I first read it on Twitter then Rotoworld.
Yeah ESPN too. They voided it because of his suspension earlier this year

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:16 am

Servo wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:08 am Pretty remarkable for them to sour so quickly on a #4 draft pick but I imagine Jacksonville was hoping for Ezekiel Elliott or Barkley when they drafted him and he's not on their level today.
You mean they wanted Fournette to have more games suspended than less? :lol:

I know you mean comparing Fournette to Elliott on the field ... but off the field ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:35 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:06 am Fournette is filing a grievance vs the Jags. This is getting ugly. I can't see him playing for them next year. I'm interested to see where he goes.
Yah, this is Lenny vs Coughlin pure and simple. Jags brass made it clear with today's statement which side they're on (i.e. Coughlin, Marrone, and Caldwell will all return next year.) Clearly Fournette is not viewed as part of the solution going forward.

On the surface it seems like vintage old school Tom Coughlin over reacting in his drill sergeant way. Reports are that Cough was pissed that Lenny & Yeldon sat alone with their arms folded, obviously disinterested in yesterday's game. Sure that's not what you want from any player, much less a team captain, but feels like this was the straw that broke the camels back for Coughlin. Either that or a convenient guise to get rid of injury-and-attitude-riddled Fournette as part of the house cleaning.

Giving up massive weekly carry volume and being the centerpiece of the offense are heavy discounts to a dynasty RB's value, but there are so many potentially better landing spots.

Wish list for my multiple Fournette shares:
1. Pittsburgh (yeah I know... Conner, but dude imagine what Lenny could do with a team that *knows* how to mine RB gold)
2. KC - obviously, but is Lenny already spoilt goods (attitude) in Reid's eyes?
3. Indy - a 50 catch floor for Lenny?
4. Ravens - Gus who?
5. Jets - just what Darnold & new regime (Bieniemy?) need to develop Sam into a solid QB1. Along with another WR.
6. San Fran - face it the 9'ers need a real pounder, minimally to complement the 2 finesse backs. Lenny could be the long-term counter to the uber-physical divisional foes Rams, Seahawks.
7. Texans - hmmmm... the more I think about this, the more I like it. Lamar's nearing the end of his time & Foreman remains a wish & a prayer.

Please not the raiders, mostly due to all the instability which will take a few years to work out.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:28 pm

Not certain I see all those suggestions working out. Don't know if he'd be much of a catching threat, and my understanding was the 9ers went after McKinnon because of his versatility, even if his tackles running was considered sub par. If they move on from him, I wouldn't expect they'd bring in a RB with Fournette's limitations.

I'll throw out Atlanta. With Coleman a FA, bringing in Fournette would allow them to refocus on the run, move Freeman to a complementary role. Would also help the defense.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:35 pm

Another example of why you don't pass on a potential franchise QB to draft a RB in the Top 5. It's a terrible way to build a team. Jacksonville could have Watson or Mahomes right now with an elite defense.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:39 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:35 pm
Another example of why you don't pass on a potential franchise QB to draft a RB in the Top 5. It's a terrible way to build a team. Jacksonville could have Watson or Mahomes right now with an elite defense.
Right. Like Blake Bortles, who was drafted 1.03 in 2014 was supposed to be.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:50 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:39 pm
Yeah, it's a catch-22. When you draft that QB high and miss it is even more debilitating because you have to give them so much time and miss out on so many other potential franchise QBs along the way.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:56 pm

He WAS drafted too high, but he's a good back. I feel like most on this site have written him off, all the while I see everybody saying Dalvin Cook is a top FF asset. Cook has missed more time through his first 2 years to injury, and they both score similarly in PPG. I think if Fournette moves on it will be a good thing for his career. It will almost certainly give him a better situation, and perhaps he learns from the experience.

He has filed a grievance, so I don't see how he's back with them next year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:18 am

Yeah I agree. Not quite in their ballpark, imo. Plus, it seems like he’s hurt or nicked up a lot in his first two seasons.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:26 pm

Vcize wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:50 pm
ArrylT wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:39 pm

Yeah, it's a catch-22. When you draft that QB high and miss it is even more debilitating because you have to give them so much time and miss out on so many other potential franchise QBs along the way.
Yeah indeed. Also, while Bortles did not lead them to the Playoffs in 2017, he certainly did not hinder their 2017 season either, and they did make the Playoffs that year. Maybe a Watson or Mahomes would have as well - but obviously it is impossible to tell. It is a very tough line to walk, between giving up too soon and too late on a player, especially a QB that you have invested so much time into.

Not to mention it is not like any of the QBs drafted since 2014 have led their team to a SB, much less won one (all teams in the past 5 have had QBs who were drafted prior to 2014 & remain on their original team). We'll soon see if Mahomes can do that for KC.

What would have been interesting to know is if Fournette could have lasted longer if Jacksonville had not taken him - but with Elliott at 1.04 the previous year I do not think he would have fallen much further & he was the #1 guy on Jacksonvilles board it obviously made no sense for them to move down & see if they could still get him. Maybe they wish they had now - but it is a team game, and this season is not on Fournette alone just like last season is not on Bortles alone.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:31 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:56 pm He WAS drafted too high, but he's a good back. I feel like most on this site have written him off, all the while I see everybody saying Dalvin Cook is a top FF asset. Cook has missed more time through his first 2 years to injury, and they both score similarly in PPG. I think if Fournette moves on it will be a good thing for his career. It will almost certainly give him a better situation, and perhaps he learns from the experience.

He has filed a grievance, so I don't see how he's back with them next year.
This is my thinking as well. I'm not concerned in the slightest.