The Dalvin Cook Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Dalvin Cook concerns?

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:15 am

Another dud game from cook.... 12 yards on nine attempts. 2 receptions for negative yards

Vikings stunk it up as a whole, and the Bears D line made life hell both in the rushing and passing side

Still, another cause for concern. I may go Mark Ingram and James White both over Cook next week and leave him on my bench vs the Packers. Only bright side was that Cook was fully healthy and not snap limited
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:25 am

Cook has been a total disaster for a late 1st, early 2nd round startup pick. I got him in anrookie draft a few years ago so willing to be patient and hold, but he looks like a bust so far.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:48 am

thebeast wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:25 am Cook has been a total disaster for a late 1st, early 2nd round startup pick. I got him in anrookie draft a few years ago so willing to be patient and hold, but he looks like a bust so far.
Or, it is explainable. #1. Cook's O-line is average to sub par as it pertains to run blocking, #2. The game script was poor and playcalling was and IS a concern for Minnesota, #3, Cook has dealt with a couple fairly significant / significant injuries, #3. The Bears Defense (at home) played one of their best games of the season last night. The Bears deserve some credit here. AS much as I don't like the Bears, they looked like an elite defense last night. The Vikings offense looked like they looked vs Buffalo. I mean.... wtf?

I don't see "bust" at all. I see a disappointing stretch, that is for sure. Patience Beast, patience. I too started Cook this week in two of my 6 leagues. Tough to not be a bit frustrated. Tough week all around for me. Barf.... Cook, J.Conner,Ebron,Wentz,Ertz,.... A lot of byes, injuries, and unexpected nonperformance... :wall:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:58 am

JFever wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:48 am
thebeast wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:25 am Cook has been a total disaster for a late 1st, early 2nd round startup pick. I got him in anrookie draft a few years ago so willing to be patient and hold, but he looks like a bust so far.
Or, it is explainable. #1. Cook's O-line is average to sub par as it pertains to run blocking, #2. The game script was poor and playcalling was and IS a concern for Minnesota, #3, Cook has dealt with a couple fairly significant / significant injuries, #3. The Bears Defense (at home) played one of their best games of the season last night. The Bears deserve some credit here. AS much as I don't like the Bears, they looked like an elite defense last night. The Vikings offense looked like they looked vs Buffalo. I mean.... wtf?

I don't see "bust" at all. I see a disappointing stretch, that is for sure. Patience Beast, patience. I too started Cook this week in two of my 6 leagues. Tough to not be a bit frustrated. Tough week all around for me. Barf.... Cook, J.Conner,Ebron,Wentz,Ertz,.... A lot of byes, injuries, and unexpected nonperformance... :wall:
Yeah, I hear you. I am going to begrudgingly be patient and hopes it pays off, we will see... It's frustrating when you see Mixon, Kamara, Hunt, Connor going off despite being later selections, even Tarik and Aaron Jones. And the guys taken before him have played well when on the field - Fournette, CMC...

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:40 am

Cook was basically an offensive lineman last night. He was in the game chipping Mack all night.

Hoping next year is a new year for Cook. I just traded for him last week before deadline.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:59 am

Cook isn't a bust, but relative to his price it's hard to get behind him. He's had a ton of injuries and we're really only operating off a 4 game stretch where he looked good.

If I used a Top-24 startup pick on him, I'd be losing my mind. But, if he's my RB2/Flex, I'm cool with it.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:05 am

Murphy's law.... If you buy into that kind of stuff. For all we know Cook will put up 28 points at home next week vs the Packers... But, most of us owners won't be starting him. ugh. Hopefully the entire team finds some semblance of consistency soon. Last night's effort wasn't good. The Defense took a full half to get acclimated to what the Bears were doing. The offense didn't look good really at all. The Play calling looked like coaching staff was under-prepared and that, at this level, is inexcusable given that they had longer to prepare than the Bears did. The Vikings were coming off of a bye week! They didn't look like it.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:30 am

It really looks like the Bears knew when they were going to run. DeFilippo really was unimpressive and I really hope if he gets a head-coaching job is not for the Jets.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:47 pm

Well, to Chicago's credit, they did look prepared to stop the Vikings strengths. They utilized Minnesota's weaknesses, they minimized theirs on both sides of the ball. Chicago, as much as it pains me, deserves some credit as they were a question mark in many peoples minds coming into this game. Basically, Chicago took a big step toward being the real deal in the NFC North last night, and I feel their coaching staff is doing a very good job of putting their players in a position to succeed. I wish I could say the same for Minnesota and specifically Cook.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:52 pm

MN was out-coached. Cousins was staring down his reads. The OL is atrocious. Cook didn't look good, either. The defense looked pretty good but got some stupid penalties.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:54 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:52 pm MN was out-coached. Cousins was staring down his reads. The OL is atrocious. Cook didn't look good, either. The defense looked pretty good but got some stupid penalties.
At least Weatherly looked good.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Dalvin Cook is a SPARQ turd. Should you be worried?

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:47 pm

The low/high of Ingram/Lynch ended up being pretty accurate.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:43 pm

I picked him and a 1st up at the beginning of the season for Kelce and a 3rd. With my other TEs being Henry & Andrews, I’m feeling pretty good about this trade.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:05 pm

ericanadian wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:43 pm I picked him and a 1st up at the beginning of the season for Kelce and a 3rd. With my other TEs being Henry & Andrews, I’m feeling pretty good about this trade.
Looks like a good move right now.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:57 pm

He's elite. He's top 5 and that shouldn't be in question, really.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick