Who is the Green Bay WR to stash for 2019?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Best GB WR stash

Marquez Valdes-Scantling
63%
Equanimeous St. Brown
22%
J'Mon Moore
15%

Total votes: 116

Conan Troutman
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Who is the Green Bay WR to stash for 2019?

Postby Conan Troutman » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:33 pm

Dr.Graffin wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:11 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:09 am I'm guessing they draft a WR in the Top 3 rounds. So, whoever that guy is.
I agree with this. T. Davis was drafted by the Packers (in 2016) and no one wants to think he's a keeper, so I'm not sure what makes any 3 of these WRs have any greater potential. If there was an option for none, I would have voted for that. But stashing any of them at the right price can't hurt, especially if you place them on a taxi squad. Never know what will happen, but I'd bet either a FA signing or a day 2 WR is drafted next year.
This. Moore is the same type of player Adams is - a possession receiver that uses quickness and footwork to get open, but he isn't as talented. So I'd guess he's going to be his primary backup or at least that's the plan. The Packers still need a field stretcher type opposite Adams that can routes and I don't think either MVS nor E-Street are good enough in the route running department to fill that role long term, so most likely it's either going to be FA or, given the Packers history with WRs, more likely a high draft pick.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:24 pm

Marquise Brown would fit well with this team.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:50 pm

After the game, here is what Aaron Rodgers said about the three rookie WRs (or, more accurately, MSV and EQ since he didn't mention Moore). Y'all can check the stats yourselves, but know that, to my eye, they reflect the current absolute pecking order of the rookie WRs: MSV easily at the top, then a distant EQ, and followed by an absent Moore.

“Well, we put a lot on them this week,” Rodgers said. “I thought they were prepared, I thought they were ready to play. There’s some things to clean up for sure. I think overall you’ve got to say that ‘MVS’ played really nicely, and ‘EQ’ made a couple plays that he needed to make for us. Obviously he showed his ability on that last (play) with 20 seconds left in the game. He takes a little seam route and almost scores. He has big-play potential, and I was proud of both those guys the way they played.”
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Hopefully MVS builds on this. This could be the best waiver move I’ve made this season. I already dropped Moore for Barber lol.

jcass1991
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jcass1991 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:36 am

Maybe this game by MVS cuts into cobbs play even when he comes back healthy.
TEAM 1
12 team ppr dynasty
QB- M RYAN, M Trubisky, J Rosen, T Bridgewater
RB- D COOK, J HOWARD, N CHUBB, M BREIDA,C Hyde, D Foreman, F Gore, TJ Yeldon, J Samuels
WR- K ALLEN, T HILL, D ADAMS, R WOODS, J Doctson, M Valdes-Scantling, M Hollins, C Rodgers, J Moore, C Patterson
TE- T BURTON, H Henry, C Herndon, A Hooper,
K- R SUCCOP,
D- BEARS, Falcons
2019 picks- Rounds 1, 3
2020 picks- Rounds 1, 2, 3

2018 1st Place (regular season 23-3)

2018 trades
Traded T Eifert and 2019 2nd for Hunter Henry
Traded A Collins and K Stills for J Howard

TEAM 2
12 team, .20 per carry rb, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr te, superflex.
QB- M. Trubisky, D Prescott
, N Foles
RB- A. Kamara, J. Howard,
WR- S. Diggs, K. Golladay, A Humphries,
TE- D. Njoku, H. Henry, I. Thomas

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:44 am

He excels in special teams which will always give him a leg up on the other rookies. Glad I have him.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:07 am

Adams is clearly going to be the A and would you invest significant capital in B? I guess from seeing guys like Juju, Kupp, etc flourish, you could make the argument that GB should.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:43 am

jcass1991 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:36 am Maybe this game by MVS cuts into cobbs play even when he comes back healthy.
They've got to be getting frustrated with Cobb. Constantly dinged up. The one thing Cobb has is his experience with Rodgers. If one of the rookies can get close to the same rapport, Cobb is likely gone.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:57 am

moishetreats wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:50 pm After the game, here is what Aaron Rodgers said about the three rookie WRs (or, more accurately, MSV and EQ since he didn't mention Moore). Y'all can check the stats yourselves, but know that, to my eye, they reflect the current absolute pecking order of the rookie WRs: MSV easily at the top, then a distant EQ, and followed by an absent Moore.

“Well, we put a lot on them this week,” Rodgers said. “I thought they were prepared, I thought they were ready to play. There’s some things to clean up for sure. I think overall you’ve got to say that ‘MVS’ played really nicely, and ‘EQ’ made a couple plays that he needed to make for us. Obviously he showed his ability on that last (play) with 20 seconds left in the game. He takes a little seam route and almost scores. He has big-play potential, and I was proud of both those guys the way they played.”
Not sure it has anything to do with pecking order. They were practicing without all three of their top wideouts for part of this week. MVS backs up Cobb, ESB backs up Allison and I suspect Moore would've come in for Adams. Adams was healthy, so Moore got no work.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:13 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:57 am
moishetreats wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:50 pm After the game, here is what Aaron Rodgers said about the three rookie WRs (or, more accurately, MSV and EQ since he didn't mention Moore). Y'all can check the stats yourselves, but know that, to my eye, they reflect the current absolute pecking order of the rookie WRs: MSV easily at the top, then a distant EQ, and followed by an absent Moore.

Not sure it has anything to do with pecking order. They were practicing without all three of their top wideouts for part of this week. MVS backs up Cobb, ESB backs up Allison and I suspect Moore would've come in for Adams. Adams was healthy, so Moore got no work.
I haven't seen a single game, practice, or even news report to substantiate this.

This isn't a back-up thing for GB, it's entirely a pecking-order thing. Go back to all pre-season chatter and to all the NFL game playing-time info. That info is entirely consistent with what Rodgers is saying here (and how he has been talking about the WRs all year and about how playing time has substantiated that).

Could one of the other WRs end up better? Of course! If you're taking a stab on someone now, though, every single player and coach talk and every single game action this year points unequivocally to MSV. Love someone else? Then go for it! Know, too, that MSV had top-end measurables in the draft, too.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:18 am

i didnt know there was any confusion about who was the next man up. this should have been all MVS even prior to his start on sunday
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:48 am

moishetreats wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:13 am
ericanadian wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:57 am

I haven't seen a single game, practice, or even news report to substantiate this.

This isn't a back-up thing for GB, it's entirely a pecking-order thing. Go back to all pre-season chatter and to all the NFL game playing-time info. That info is entirely consistent with what Rodgers is saying here (and how he has been talking about the WRs all year and about how playing time has substantiated that).

Could one of the other WRs end up better? Of course! If you're taking a stab on someone now, though, every single player and coach talk and every single game action this year points unequivocally to MSV. Love someone else? Then go for it! Know, too, that MSV had top-end measurables in the draft, too.
Was referring mostly to this game in particular and more with regards to ESB vs Moore. MVS is clearly the number four receiver and is probably being groomed to replace Cobb long term. He's the only guy who gets snaps when all the starters are healthy. My point was more with regards to Moore vs ESB. In week 4, Moore was getting 4th receiver snaps with MVS elevated to replace an injured Cobb. Suddenly in week 5, ESB had seemingly jumped him. Maybe ESB jumped him, but I think it's equally likely that they just had assigned roles.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:54 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:48 am Was referring mostly to this game in particular and more with regards to ESB vs Moore. MVS is clearly the number four receiver and is probably being groomed to replace Cobb long term. He's the only guy who gets snaps when all the starters are healthy. My point was more with regards to Moore vs ESB. In week 4, Moore was getting 4th receiver snaps with MVS elevated to replace an injured Cobb. Suddenly in week 5, ESB had seemingly jumped him. Maybe ESB jumped him, but I think it's equally likely that they just had assigned roles.
Thanks for the clarification. That helps!

As for Week 5, I also don't see what I bolded above. MSV played more snaps, had twice has many targets, more than double the receptions, and multiple end-zone looks (unlike EQ). The only reason that EQ had more yards is because he took the offense's last play of the game and made a 10-yard in-pattern into a 54-yard sideline scamper. Yes, he showed off his ability there. But, the was thoroughly outplayed both in terms of snaps and targets and in terms of production all of Week 5.

No one would say that DeSean Jackson is a better fantasy (or real life) football player than Mike Evans even though D-Jax's numbers would suggest that he is. I'm not comparing those players with the GB WRs but rather am holding onto the argument that MSV is simply -- at this point -- the far better player even though EQ's big play on GB's final pass gave him slightly more yards at the end.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:41 am

Pretty sure what you bolded was in regards to ESB vs Moore.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:48 am

It's pretty clearly MVS at the moment, no real solid argument to make otherwise. In a vacuum, I would have bet on J'Mon Moore before preseason but I'm wrong all the time and I lucked into snagging MVS off waivers for free after our rookie draft in May.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th