Week IV Discussion thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Week IV Discussion thread

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:45 am

Still boggles my mind that the Chargers cut Josh Lambo before the start of last season. That cost them the season and almost cost them the game against SF yesterday :wall:
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:53 am

jcc6fd wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:13 pm Anybody see Fells and Njoku do the Dragon Ball z fusion dance?
Ah I was wondering what happened - when I had to go to soccer the Browns were winning 28-14. Came home to find the Raiders won 45-42. :biggrin: The failed fusion effort must have caused their teams mojo to be killed and allowed the Raiders to rally. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:06 am

Fusion dance? Are they fusing themselves? Do they become one person in the cartoon? How does that work? Who's the dominating personality showing through? Or do they have two heads and eight extremities? Do they become twice as big, or just more dense? Can't get much more dense than water...so they must be getting bigger unless it's like conjoined twins...

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:09 am

Correction...they CAN get MUCH more dense than water, but they would have to alter their molecular make-up at levels that would consume a bleep ton of energy...

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:17 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:09 am Correction...they CAN get MUCH more dense than water, but they would have to alter their molecular make-up at levels that would consume a bleep ton of energy...
Right - and that was the energy that was mis-used, when the Browns needed it to stop the Raiders comeback. 8-)

Next week maybe the Browns will have better success when they try to fuse Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity to form Princess Sailor Moon. :lol:

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:24 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:17 am Next week maybe the Browns will have better success when they try to fuse Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity to form Princess Sailor Moon. :lol:
I’m doing too much googling to figure out who/what these characters are...and am now ashamed of my search history.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:31 am

Valhalla wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:24 am
ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:17 am Next week maybe the Browns will have better success when they try to fuse Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity to form Princess Sailor Moon. :lol:
I’m doing too much googling to figure out who/what these characters are...and am now ashamed of my search history.
Mission accomplished. :mrgreen: :lol:

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:26 am

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:25 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:16 pm It pisses me off that Earl Thomas didn't get paid and is now injured... Love the hawks but they messed up on this one, ET deserves more and we all know it. I hope he is on another team that is a contender and that he gets the money he deserves.
I also feel for the guy (as much as an average person can feel for a multi-millionaire pro athlete) - but I think he'll probably still get paid a bunch next year. Just the way the NFL works. As for playing on a contender, that's up to him but if he wanted to play on the Cowboys so bad, clearly he doesn't care about another ring.
As long as the injury wasn't career threatening, he'll "get to" sit out the rest of this season and get paid next season.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:27 am

steelman wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:16 pm
scorpion wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:08 pm Steelers are loaded up with those 1-minute 3-and-outs. Eh, missing Bell to make this clock tick imo.
They need a new coach more than anything. Tomlin is absolute garbage and always has been. I've been saying it since 2009. He's beyond terrible. One of the worst coaches in the league, quite possibly the worst
Is losing Haley also hurting them more than they anticipated?

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:55 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:27 am
steelman wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:16 pm
scorpion wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:08 pm Steelers are loaded up with those 1-minute 3-and-outs. Eh, missing Bell to make this clock tick imo.
They need a new coach more than anything. Tomlin is absolute garbage and always has been. I've been saying it since 2009. He's beyond terrible. One of the worst coaches in the league, quite possibly the worst
Is losing Haley also hurting them more than they anticipated?
I'm not sure yet. I do think Haley is a good OC but Ben is an egomaniac who needs to get his way or he'll pout. Ben and Haley never got along. Obviously in the end Ben got his way and they dumped Haley even though the offence wasn't the problem.

Tomlin should never have allowed Ben to call the shots

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:50 am

Speaking of Haley being a good OC, they're close to the personnel he prefers in CLE, but not quite yet. A misfit or two in there still.

Maybe just one more offseason/draft does it? I mean, they already look light years better (or at least more aggressive) on offense with Mayfield at the helm.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:00 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:50 am Speaking of Haley being a good OC, they're close to the personnel he prefers in CLE, but not quite yet. A misfit or two in there still.

Maybe just one more offseason/draft does it? I mean, they already look light years better (or at least more aggressive) on offense with Mayfield at the helm.
It'll be interesting to see how we approach the next draft. I'd personally prefer to work with the O-line or secondary. I realize that doesn't answer your question at all.

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:32 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:06 am Fusion dance? Are they fusing themselves? Do they become one person in the cartoon? How does that work? Who's the dominating personality showing through? Or do they have two heads and eight extremities? Do they become twice as big, or just more dense? Can't get much more dense than water...so they must be getting bigger unless it's like conjoined twins...
The premise is that they become one person. The personality is a mesh of the two, and can show both good and bad aspects from either. The overall theory is that the two parts together combine for an exponential increase in base power. The problem with the Browns duo is that they royally messed up the actual fusion dance.

What it's supposed to look like when you do the fusion dance:

What it looks like when you mess up the fusion dance:

Needless to say, the failure to accurately perform this sacred ritual probably cost them the game.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Maybe the problem is not the improper fusion, but the fact that they shouldn't be fusing to begin with! Combining Fells' invisibility with Njoku's buttery hands...doesn't sounds like a great idea.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:51 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:52 pm Maybe the problem is not the improper fusion, but the fact that they shouldn't be fusing to begin with! Combining Fells' invisibility with Njoku's buttery hands...doesn't sounds like a great idea.
Though it does sound like a solid premise for the world's worst superhero.