Fournette - what to do with him

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ukcody83
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Leonard Fournette, crash coming?

Postby Ukcody83 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:31 pm

I would love to acquire LF but his owner hasn’t dropped his price even a little bit,have you guys been noticing the same or are owners panicking for the most part?
10 team non ppr

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson

RB: Nick Chubb,Leonard Fournette, Derrick Henry, Josh Jacobs,Chase Edmonds

WR: Tyreek Hill, Allen Robinson,Hollywood Brown,Curtis Samuel,,Courtland Sutton,Christian Kirk,,Diontae Johnson,Antonio Brown

TE: Austin Hooper,Dallas Goedert,Noah Fant,Tyler Higbee,OJ Howard

2020 draft picks 1.2,1.4,1.8

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:34 pm

I'm told that I'd have to unload Mixon to acquire Fournette in my league but I've always been Mixon > Fournette so that makes me a difficult trade partner in this instance.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:36 pm

Right. I think one of the keys to determining who is an elite player, who is a good player, and who is just a JAG is seeing how they do in a full year of worst-case floor versus how they did in a year of situation based production (like Alex Collins maybe?).

Take Gurley 2016 or Adams 2015.

After Gurleys 'breakout' rookie year, he had the perfect storm of a bad situation - lame duck coach, new QB, obvious play scripting, and the only real offensive weapon (unless you count Kenny Britt). And he still ended up with high RB2 production.

Adams, after a typical rookie season, had a sophmore season where he struggled with injuries, and having to be the #1 guy (since Nelson was on IR) and there were still weeks when he actually was usuable as a fantasy WR.

Or maybe Deandre Hopkins 2016 is a more appealing example.

The point is, if they are putting up decent fantasy production even when the situation is bad or are showing flashes even when hurt that it is safer to take that as their worst case scenario rather than the norm. Too many people see a players floor production from a bad season and assume that is all the guy can ever do. We see that for example: in the Ebron thread - I dont think anyone is suggesting that Doyle wont take targets away from Ebron - I just think it is unlikely that Doyle takes enough away that Ebron is worthless when Colts history has shown otherwise how TE friendly their system has been; they see Ebron as only the best of what he was, and not what he is doing now.

Obviously, in Fournettes case it is different in regards to the issue is injuries that keep him from playing (rather than hampering production) and people have posted (and correctly) that when looking back to College that this has been an on-going issue. So the question is can Fournette be elite enough to overcome this? Some guys have - Frank Gore I was reminded by Cameron Giles had a ton of early career season nagging injuries - and now he has not missed a game since 2011. Others like say Darren McFadden or Ryan Mathews could not figure out how to handle the workload.

I don't blame those who feel Fournette is headed to McFadden territory - but at the same time, have we actually seen enough to assume that is the only result. This could be Fournettes worst case year, and next year he figures out how to take care of his body in a way that allows him to play (I am not suggesting that Fournette does not take care of himself - rather that maybe there are solutions as yet unrealised that may help him).

If an owner wants to sell Fournette, even at a discount, because they are not comfortable owning him - that is fine by me - just do not sell him at his absolute floor because he is missing time. IE trade Fournette for a Michel if you want to reset. Dont trade Fournette for a 2nd or a Ronald Jones / Michael Gallup type (as yet unproven) when you've already seen a sample of what his ceiling could be (ie a full season of 2017 ppg production).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:36 am

Fournette just went in a league for Ingram & J. White - I like this deal for both teams as the rebuilder got Fournette and the team looking to build depth for a 2018 playoff run (they'd offered Fournette to me but I declined) got Ingram & White (ie 2 low end RB1 high end RB2 floor guys).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:43 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:36 am Fournette just went in a league for Ingram & J. White - I like this deal for both teams as the rebuilder got Fournette and the team looking to build depth for a 2018 playoff run (they'd offered Fournette to me but I declined) got Ingram & White (ie 2 low end RB1 high end RB2 floor guys).
It's an interesting trade for sure. The former Ingram owner is probably pleased.

DDT
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DDT » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:48 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:36 am Fournette just went in a league for Ingram & J. White - I like this deal for both teams as the rebuilder got Fournette and the team looking to build depth for a 2018 playoff run (they'd offered Fournette to me but I declined) got Ingram & White (ie 2 low end RB1 high end RB2 floor guys).
Ingram and White by a mile -- what was that other guy thinking?

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:55 am

Well, I'll take a stab at what he may have been thinking, He may have been thinking; Fournette is 23 years old and when healthy, he has a high ceiling and a prominent bell cow role on his current team. Ingram is 29 and will be 30 next season while his contract in N.O. is up this year. White is still a Patriot and is and will likely always be a member of a rbbc with streaky / unpredictable production. The owner receiving Fournette could likely be out of contention already and the time to move Ingram is now / not later. Or, the owner receiving Fournette simply had the depth and the patience to move Ingram and White for a shot at adding a 3 down back for a playoff run. This isn't crazy in the least, and it seems to be a mutually beneficial move depending on rosters.

About 10 days or so ago, I traded J.Ajayi (pre ACL), DT, and John Brown for Fournette. I could afford the cost and the time (patience). I still consider myself m a strong contender who was off to a slow / weird start in that league. I believe I was / am 2nd or 3rd in total points scored, but am #1 in points against. I am now currently 1-5 but my roster is solid. Sometimes that happens. Now I have a rb corp on that team of; M.Gordon, L.McCoy,D.Cook, L.Fournette, K.Johnson, J.Williams,P.Lindsay, and A.Eckler. T.Brady is my Qb along with J.Rosen with Garoppolo on IR. My Wr corp is D.Adams, K.Allen,B.Cooks,J.Landry,A.Robinson,K.Cole, With Rudolph and G.Olsen as my TE. No way that team should be 1-5. But, when ya play a single game schedule, anomalies happen.

Bottom line is, there are a lot of different scenarios as to why someone would want to make a move right now to acquire Fournette. Timing is everything.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:19 am

JFever wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:55 am Well, I'll take a stab at what he may have been thinking, He may have been thinking; Fournette is 23 years old and when healthy, he has a high ceiling and a prominent bell cow role on his current team. Ingram is 29 and will be 30 next season while his contract in N.O. is up this year. White is still a Patriot and is and will likely always be a member of a rbbc with streaky / unpredictable production. The owner receiving Fournette could likely be out of contention already and the time to move Ingram is now / not later. Or, the owner receiving Fournette simply had the depth and the patience to move Ingram and White for a shot at adding a 3 down back for a playoff run. This isn't crazy in the least, and it seems to be a mutually beneficial move depending on rosters.

About 10 days or so ago, I traded J.Ajayi (pre ACL), DT, and John Brown for Fournette. I could afford the cost and the time (patience). I still consider myself m a strong contender who was off to a slow / weird start in that league. I believe I was / am 2nd or 3rd in total points scored, but am #1 in points against. I am now currently 1-5 but my roster is solid. Sometimes that happens. Now I have a rb corp on that team of; M.Gordon, L.McCoy,D.Cook, L.Fournette, K.Johnson, J.Williams,P.Lindsay, and A.Eckler. T.Brady is my Qb along with J.Rosen with Garoppolo on IR. My Wr corp is D.Adams, K.Allen,B.Cooks,J.Landry,A.Robinson,K.Cole, With Rudolph and G.Olsen as my TE. No way that team should be 1-5. But, when ya play a single game schedule, anomalies happen.

Bottom line is, there are a lot of different scenarios as to why someone would want to make a move right now to acquire Fournette. Timing is everything.
Agreed. Giivng away Fournette for Ingram and White is a terrible deal without context. The short-term thinking in these forums is absolutely amazing to me. From a dynasty perspective, now is the time to be acquiring Fournette if his current owner is foolish enough to discount him.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:45 am

DDT wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:48 am
Ingram and White by a mile -- what was that other guy thinking?
Just shows the different mindsets and opinions in Dynasty. I feel the exact opposite on this one, for Dynasty purposes. Not saying the other side is horrid if you are a contender and need RB help now, but long-term I lean heavy the other way.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

SkinZ187
Starter
Starter

Postby SkinZ187 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:52 pm

i guess it is in my eyes... having trouble not pulling the trigger on giving michel for Lenny + yeldon + hyde

AlPal&Ange
All Pro
All Pro

Leonard Fournette

Postby AlPal&Ange » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:17 am

Now that Fournette has had two games where the offense has revolved around him, what would you be willing to trade for him or what would you be willing to accept if you have him? Bortles has consistently showed that he is not a good QB and they can't win games if he has to do more than hand the ball off. Fournette has had double the touches of Yeldon and Hyde combined since returning to action as well. If it wasn't for the nagging injuries he would be a consensus top 10 RB but injuries tend to make placing a value on a player difficult.

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Leonard Fournette

Postby KCLep20 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:34 am

RB’s have injuries, it’s part of it for 75% of them. When healthy, he is easily top 10, possibly higher. I fully understand knocking him down a rung or 2 because of the injuries early in his career, but nobody who took him in the top 3 is going to sell off for less than 2 1sts.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:49 am

I voted a first + a second, assuming it's a mid first and mid second. I'd rather have a high first than Fournette as there will be elite WRs and RBs there.

Owning Fournette means living with the weekly will he or won't he play, will he leave the game early, etc. Having that headache is a drain...
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:38 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:49 am I voted a first + a second, assuming it's a mid first and mid second. I'd rather have a high first than Fournette as there will be elite WRs and RBs there.

Owning Fournette means living with the weekly will he or won't he play, will he leave the game early, etc. Having that headache is a drain...
x100

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Easily two 1sts if not two 1sts and a 2nd. Have fun moving Fournette for 1.06 and getting RoJo. Gotta get more than one pick.