Mike Williams and Corey Davis

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
kuphal_99
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Mike Williams and Corey Davis

Postby kuphal_99 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:30 am

Who do you like better for this year and which guy do you prefer long term? I think both have big upside. Do you see either/both as top 10 guys in 2 years?
12 Team, 21 man roster, Non PPR
QB-Dak, Wentz
RB-Zeke, Chubb, J Taylor, D Henderson, C Patterson, Pollard, J Wilson, Ty’son Williams
WR-Adams, Hill, Diggs, Boyd, A Brown, A Robinson, AJ Green
TE-Kittle, Goedert,
K-Butker

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Mike Williams and Corey Davis

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:18 am

Davis for now and the future. Not discounting William's talent but injuries are a concern

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:38 am

Davis for me also now and in the future.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:35 am

Own them both. Davis is the clear #1 WR on a struggling offense without it's starting QB. Williams may ascend to the #2 WR on a very good offense. Davis now and forever.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:53 am

Really no way to tell with certainty looking too far forward. Both are very young and talented and each has significant draft capital invested so this extends their chances and opportunities. Both have great size and skill sets, and project to be wr1's for their respective teams at some point. I have them both in one league and have each of them on different teams. I think its futile and splitting hairs to try to project which will be more productive at this point. Until we see more from Mariota, there is no way to say that C.Davis is ahead of M.Williams. And, on the other sided, Rivers is older and closer to the end of his career, K.Allen is the unquestioned #1 target there and Gordon figures heavily into their passing game, so, until more is known about the future for each of them, I have them ranked the exact same. Not sure how one could have a very strong opinion on one of these guys vs the other knowing what we know at this point.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:01 am

Davis right now but at there current price I'd easily rather by Mike

I think they both have a chance to be top WR's down the road
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:37 am

I feel like people are sleeping on Williams while Davis has all the hype.

I tried to buy Williams cheap, no luck.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:12 am

Why would someone sell him cheap? Just curious.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:28 am

People panic and overreact regularly to a bad rookie year.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:34 am

To be fair, right now, the Titans O is horrible and the Chargers O is good.

I'm not sure when or if the Titans get their offense going this year, lots of newness there, and Mariota's trending towards Jake Locker (!) as far as injuries derailing him. Far better QB, obviously, but the injury prone similarity is real.

But it's the NFL - this could flip any time.
Last edited by DLF3000 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

kuphal_99
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kuphal_99 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:30 pm

I have an opportunity to move my Williams for Davis plus some FAAB. I am torn.
12 Team, 21 man roster, Non PPR
QB-Dak, Wentz
RB-Zeke, Chubb, J Taylor, D Henderson, C Patterson, Pollard, J Wilson, Ty’son Williams
WR-Adams, Hill, Diggs, Boyd, A Brown, A Robinson, AJ Green
TE-Kittle, Goedert,
K-Butker

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:19 pm

JFever wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:53 am Really no way to tell with certainty looking too far forward. Both are very young and talented and each has significant draft capital invested so this extends their chances and opportunities. Both have great size and skill sets, and project to be wr1's for their respective teams at some point. I have them both in one league and have each of them on different teams. I think its futile and splitting hairs to try to project which will be more productive at this point. Until we see more from Mariota, there is no way to say that C.Davis is ahead of M.Williams. And, on the other sided, Rivers is older and closer to the end of his career, K.Allen is the unquestioned #1 target there and Gordon figures heavily into their passing game, so, until more is known about the future for each of them, I have them ranked the exact same. Not sure how one could have a very strong opinion on one of these guys vs the other knowing what we know at this point.
I agree with this.

On paper and if evaluating them individually, I like Davis a little more but things become much closer once you factor team/QB/offensive situation, roles, and dynasty market values.

Corey Davis has a chance to be the clear #1 for a young up and coming QB with talent, but that QB had a shaky year and is currently injured so the excitement levels are currently down. Davis is getting the targets though, so if the offense sorts their issues out by the halfway point, Davis could be a nice WR2 down the stretch.

Mike Williams has the better QB and team as a whole, but Rivers is getting up there in age and its tough to see Williams ever passing Allen to be his teams clear #1. With that said, a clear #2 or 1...B role in a Phillip Rivers could still produce more than the #1 in a Mariota/Gabbert led offense.

Until 4-5 weeks ago, Williams could have been had for probably half the price of Davis, but it sounds like they're leveling off again, but if Williams costs me far less, give me Big Mike for the 'value' play...but if Davis can be had at a discount, I wouldn't mind having him as well.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:52 pm

I still like Davis more. I'm pretty sure most people had Davis ahead of Williams a year ago, so not sure why anything would have changed in such a short time. This doesn't mean I don't like Williams or that the gap is big, but I don't think we've really seen enough from either to change our minds or make a determination. Williams plays in the better offense, but has a lot more competition and his QB is much older. Davis plays on a run first offense with an average QB, but that can easily change at any point if the Titans move on from Mariota and draft a good QB (just look at the Rams, Texans, Philly, now Cleveland, and many other examples of terrible offenses improving pretty quickly). I typically choose players based on talent, and in this case, I think Davis is slightly more talented.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:19 pm

I thought Davis looked like he played slow last year. I didn’t see his athleticism shine through. I’ve definitely seen more this year that gives me reason to believe he is processing the game faster. Once he gets mentally up to speed with the nfl he should be a low end wr1.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:35 pm

From what I've seen from both, I don't expect better than high-end WR2 numbers from either. I've targeted both where I can, but haven't ended up with Davis anywhere -- found his price to be way too high. In two separate leagues this off-season I was told I'd have to add to either Landry or ARob for Davis, and in another I the owner wanted Tyreek straight up.

I'll be looking to buy again by midseason.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert