Jordan Wilkins

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Jordan Wilkins

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:20 pm

I couldn't find a thread on Jordan Wilkins, so I figured I would start one.

He kind of got the starting nod by default to begin the year, but he has looked pretty solid with his touches. I know Matt Waldman likes his game.

Anybody think the Colts will eventually give him the starting job for good over Mack? Or is he always going to be a guy that produces when called upon but never gets the lion's share of the gameplan?

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Jordan Wilkins

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:46 pm

He's not an every down back but there's nothing wrong with that. He's Yeldon/Ekeler/Clement like......give him 8-14 touches and he'll do nice things.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:48 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:46 pm He's not an every down back but there's nothing wrong with that. He's Yeldon/Ekeler/Clement like......give him 8-14 touches and he'll do nice things.
I believe you're thinking of the wrong player.

Wilkins is an uninspiring athlete that profiles as a between-the-tackles pounder. Some people love his tape, comparing him to Matt Forte - noting that he's not EXCELLENT in any one area, but just an overall solid RB. Other people see his old age, sluggish athletic profile, and lack of explosiveness and write him off as just a warm body.

Personally, I'm a HUGE fan of M. Mack and I believe it's just a matter of time before he takes over the lead role - but he can't seem to get healthy / stay healthy to start the year. If that trend continues, Wilkins is definitely the favorite to take over for early-down carries.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:58 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:46 pm He's not an every down back but there's nothing wrong with that. He's Yeldon/Ekeler/Clement like......give him 8-14 touches and he'll do nice things.
Maybe your thinking of N.Hines?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:57 am

I'm not a fan, I dropped him for Tyler Boyd recently
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:09 am

JFever wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:58 am
Maybe your thinking of N.Hines?
x2

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:05 am

Some of you guys are writing off Wilkins far too soon.

Wilkins looked pretty good in Week 2. NTM his line of 10 carries for 61 yards, is the 3rd most efficient game from a colts RB since Frank Gore in week 3 of the 2015 season. 3rd most efficient in the last 47 games, that's not nothing.

Mack did post solid games from an efficiency stand point in week 5 and week 13 last season. But still, in 15 games, Mack has only posted a more efficient game 2/15 times (*6 carries minimum).

Mack appears to be on the mend still, so for the time being I'm either holding or buying Wilkins (if the price is right). Kid could have a bright future if he steals the job away and/or Mack can't get back to his previous form.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:45 am

What the Colts really need to do - this year at least - is stop trying to run and pass more. They don't have the horses to approach the RB roles of Reich's last few offenses. That means more Hines and Mack (if he's ever healthy) and less ground-and-pound Wilkins.

Next year, unless one of these guys surprises, they'll be grabbing an RB pretty early in the draft. So close your eyes and spin that wheel at Colts RB this year!
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:29 pm

I said something like this back in May:

"He's being taken in the third and that's a primo spot. He was drafted to a good situation. Mack is made of paper. He'll eventually get the starting job and he'll pop in 1 game. When he does, that's the time to sell, as he's not a long term option."

I am holding Mack for his 1 big game. When that happens, I'm selling for a profit asap.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:41 pm

I’m not at all bragging, because Wilkins still hasn’t really won a job, but if he ever becomes the entrenched starter - I got dibbs on the credit!

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=160182&hilit=Jorda ... 14a31edb2d
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)