Mitch Trubisky

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Mitch Trubisky was simply dreadful

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:21 pm

just wanted to lay it out there that this dude straight up blew chunks of hot vomit all over the 2017 season.

he threw for just a touch over 2000 yards across 12 games and had 7 TDs and 7 ints. (how in the world do you average a half a TD a game???)

What hope do people see in this kid? praying for AROB and Graham to come to town and make him have some legit weapons?

i just dont see a way this guy is successful going forward. anyone have reason to believe in him?
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Mitch Trubisky was simply dreadful

Postby Friction » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:27 pm

He definitely was not great, thats for sure. He was suppose to be a project that ended up starting earlier than expected. Toss in no WRs, a run-dominant team, and being a rookie. When I watched his first start on Monday night against MN, I thought he looked pretty decent to be honest. Not that easiest of first starts and they out played them (should have won really). I am guessing it was a combo of ultra conservative and being very raw.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:46 pm

another related question would be: why are so many people quick to excuse Trubisky for having a bad rookie year but nobody seems to excuse Kizer for being on the worst team of all time and having the worst head coach of all time and having no weapons of his own either (coleman and gordon were out most of the season and they didnt use Njoku)

yet kizer threw for almost 3000 yards while adding 400 on the ground and 5 rushing scores.

seems like his situation was a nightmare and he had poor results in the int dept but i see some hope for him as a player but not for the situation
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:49 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:46 pm another related question would be: why are so many people quick to excuse Trubisky for having a bad rookie year but nobody seems to excuse Kizer for being on the worst team of all time and having the worst head coach of all time and having no weapons of his own either (coleman and gordon were out most of the season and they didnt use Njoku)

yet kizer threw for almost 3000 yards while adding 400 on the ground and 5 rushing scores.

seems like his situation was a nightmare and he had poor results in the int dept but i see some hope for him as a player but not for the situation
Finally someone else sees it! I'm not excusing Kizers season but jeez come on people! Why do people assume Trubisky was bad because hes a rookie and will come on stronger next year but with Kizer everyone has already gave up!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:57 pm

pierson242 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:49 pm
BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:46 pm another related question would be: why are so many people quick to excuse Trubisky for having a bad rookie year but nobody seems to excuse Kizer for being on the worst team of all time and having the worst head coach of all time and having no weapons of his own either (coleman and gordon were out most of the season and they didnt use Njoku)

Finally someone else sees it! I'm not excusing Kizers season but jeez come on people! Why do people assume Trubisky was bad because hes a rookie and will come on stronger next year but with Kizer everyone has already gave up!
Trubisky was a top five pick. Kizer was a second rounder. Not saying that reasoning is right, but I bet it's a big part of why they're treated differently.

That, and the Browns have a way of lowering a player's value.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:58 pm

Outside of Jordan Howard (and Trubisky), Chicago had no starting NFL talent at any of the skill positions. I'm not sure exactly how that would have been a formula for success. He looked just fine as a passer considering he was a rookie thrust into such an abysmal position and I see the skill set of an NFL starter. Sounds more like you're just looking at the stat sheet which seems a rather false way of determining his future. Kind of like this:

10 starts, 123-257-1663 (47.5% completion percentage), 7 TDs and 14 INTs

That was John Elway as a rookie.

As for Kizer, I am admittedly very low on his prospects but that doesn't have to do with the outcome of his rookie season but rather how I saw him as a prospect to being with (just like I was high on Trubisky).
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:59 pm

pierson242 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:49 pm

I think it has to do with how they both played during the year, Trubisky was very conservative and I think the Bears kept him reigned in on purpose. On the other hand Kizer was allowed to just go out and sling the ball around which led to some nice highlight reel throws to Coleman/Gordon on occasion but more often than not led to a lot of really, really ugly looking throws that ended up as ints. I don't think the jury is out on either of them but I think scheme and playstyle played heavily into how people perceived their seasons. That and Trubisky was 2 years older than Kizer heading into last season and was seen as the more experienced/pro ready QB coming into the league.

Honestly I think they would've benefited from the other's situation, Trubisky would have looked a lot better if Chicago had loosened the reigns and let him sling it a bit and Kizer would've been better with more structure and direction from the coaching staff in Cleveland.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:20 pm

Trubisky outplayed Kizer by a pretty wide margin by every advanced metric there is at the position. I don't know really where the genesis to that comparison came from. Kizer was absolutely atrocious last year, and that's not even getting into an offensive weapons comparison (neither group really shined). I think some wanted him to be a thing because of his measurables, but it's pretty obvious that it's not going to be the case.

Trubisky didn't set the world on fire, but he did put some good stuff on tape. His platform and mechanics are pretty projectable, but he's going to need some help. Getting rid of Fox was a nice first step.

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:39 pm

Well, I must say that I was shocked at how much Goff turned things around after a coaching change in his second year. Maybe TRUTHbisky (lol) does better with new influence. Heck, Jeff Fisher and John Fox are even eerily similar in terms of being old school and conservative coaches.

Trubisky throws well when they get him outside of the pocket.... not sure about stats but to the eye test. He will need to get more comfortable delivering from the pocket if he wants to take a leap in year 2. I do like the zip he puts on the ball and he's also fairly athletic and can run when needed. I think he'll take a leap this year but not be a fantasy QB2 just yet.... might be ok for a bye week spot start.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, Jaylen Warren, Trey Benson, James Conner, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Marquise Brown, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Aaron Donald, Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:48 pm

Fox was a run first, defensive-minded coach. That is not a great scheme to make your QB look like a stud and fill the stat sheet. Getting Nagy and Helfrich in there to run a hybrid west coast offense, and push an RPO will do wonders for the kid. He has the athletic ability to make it happen on the ground, and if they actually get him some receiving weapons he should bounce back.

Think about it, if you gave any of: Big Ben, Wilson, Brees, Stafford, Rivers, etc that receiving core, they likely all get a pass for a down year as well.

NTM In his last four games, he was starting to put things together, at least it looked that way on the game film. It might not be as big of a bounceback as Goff, but it wouldn't shock me if Trubisky was a decent streaming option next yr.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:51 pm

Yup because an adequate backup QB was worse and CHI offense was a dumpster fire. Also Trubisky won some games...

In the NFL W's mean more than passing titles to teams
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:06 pm

Just wait for Cameron Merigoat!!!

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:14 pm

the browns handling of kizer was malpractice - kid has issues and may never be a NFL starter but to throw him out into that horror show with a complete dolt running things when even his college coach saying he wasn't ready yet was atrocious . The fact huge axson was brought back should douse any optimism about the browns future whether kirk cousins or demarcus cousins plays qb.

Trubustky (my early nickname for him) looked decent in flashes when I watched but I wouldn't be ordering a larger trophy case just yet he has far to go
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:58 pm

Is it bad to excuse both Trubisky and Kizer based on horrid situations? Kizer had complete organization dysfunction, where he was in and out of the job. Trubisky had the league's worst receiving core in terms of talent to throw to. Both get a pass from me.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:11 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:21 pm just wanted to lay it out there that this dude straight up blew chunks of hot vomit all over the 2017 season.

he threw for just a touch over 2000 yards across 12 games and had 7 TDs and 7 ints. (how in the world do you average a half a TD a game???)

What hope do people see in this kid? praying for AROB and Graham to come to town and make him have some legit weapons?

i just dont see a way this guy is successful going forward. anyone have reason to believe in him?
I'm not even really sure where to begin...obviously a bit biased as a CHI resident, but in summation:
1. Offensive line inconsistencies due to injury
2. Literally zero starting caliber WRs...Dontrelle Inman and Kendall Wright were the starters (and losing TE Zach Miller to IR and rolling out backup-level TEs/rookie Adam Shaheen)
3. I respect John Fox on many levels, but a skilled offensive mind he is not. The offense was predicated on running plays to set up play action and very little else outside of a few trick plays here and there. To be fair, there was not enough offensive skill position talent to really do much else.

If you're only looking at Trubisky's season-total stats, well...that's not the greatest analysis.
The difference here is that it feels like Kizer was drafted as a stop-gap measure who dropped far enough in the draft for CLE to take a chance on. They have no real commitment to him, and they will likely sign a QB or draft one in the next few months. Additionally, I have many doubts about Hue Jackson's ability as a HC.

On the other hand, CHI traded up for Trubisky (retained the GM despite firing Fox), and the focus is likely to sign FAs and draft rookies to add talent around him. Additionally, the HC and OC hires are designed to build on Trubisky's strengths and develop him.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd