Alvin Kamara: Confident or Concerned

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Re: Kamara the RB1?

Postby waynesworld1234 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:45 am

JFever wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:08 am Hey Beast.

Not sure what the snap count was last night but, Ingram was used heavy. It doesn't concern me much because I think back to last year and how Kamara was used. I'm again not exactly sure what the % of snaps were or how exactly they were split but I bet Kamara didn't have as many snaps as Ingram. Basically, what im saying is looking forward after the N.O. bye, I'd expect a 40/60 split between Ingram / Kamara. And, if that comes to fruition, Kamara will likely produce more fantasy points than he did last year. Kamara will lose touches as he isn't their feature back so, he'll lose out on goal line and red zone carries, but, he'll still likely be efficient as anyone could be with the carries and passes he does get.
In retrospect it shouldn’t have been surprising. Per 4for4 he had 47% of the snaps last night (Ingram had 55%) which is right in line with his ~50% avg last season.

Hot take here: Kamara will have more games like week 4 and he’ll have more games like last night, but until he’s regularly featured like he was pre-Ingram he is not the RB1 in fantasy.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:58 am

Not sure what the snap count was last night but, Ingram was used heavy. It doesn't concern me much because I think back to last year and how Kamara was used. I'm again not exactly sure what the % of snaps were or how exactly they were split but I bet Kamara didn't have as many snaps as Ingram. Basically, what im saying is looking forward after the N.O. bye, I'd expect a 40/60 split between Ingram / Kamara. And, if that comes to fruition, Kamara will likely produce more fantasy points than he did last year. Kamara will lose touches as he isn't their feature back so, he'll lose out on goal line and red zone carries, but, he'll still likely be efficient as anyone could be with the carries and passes he does get.
I agree. I think Kamara needed his load lightened a little bit last night since he has carried a full load the first few weeks. Ingram also looked good because I don’t think the redskins were expecting that much usage and were not prepared. Teams will now gear up for Ingram and we will see a similar split as last year probably even more tilted to Kamara.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:04 am

waynesworld1234 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:45 am

In retrospect it shouldn’t have been surprising. Per 4for4 he had 47% of the snaps last night (Ingram had 55%) which is right in line with his ~50% avg last season.

Hot take here: Kamara will have more games like week 4 and he’ll have more games like last night, but until he’s regularly featured like he was pre-Ingram he is not the RB1 in fantasy.
Who said he was the #1 rb in fantasy? I don't recall reading that.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:09 am

JFever wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:04 am

Literally the thread title
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:23 am

James McGhee wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:09 am

haha beat me to it.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:23 am

I think you missed the point of the thread title then. There was a question mark in the title which I took as a conversation starter type thing. The conversation that followed - seemed to answer the question and If I'm not mistaken, No one said that - yes, Kamara IS the #1 rb in dynasty. Maybe I missed it. If so, I apologize. Perhaps you were just chiming in and answering the question. But, I certainly wouldn't read too much into or use last night's usage and point scored outcome to make a point toward a conclusion.

Anyway, long term, Ingram won't be with the Saints. Then, perhaps Kamara is closer to that #1 rb in dynasty then? But... Until then, if he receives 50-65ish% of the touches, he is my dynasty #2 rb. and at worst, he is still in the top 4-5. But, I would bet my bottom dollar (excluding unexpected injury) that week 4 goes down as the lowest one game fantasy point total for A.Kamara in 2018. Hill and a few other of last nights contributing Saints, won't be that much involved on a regular basis. The stars aligned for N.O. to lean on Ingram and welcome him back to game speed with a heavier than normal workload and then give him time to acclimate to the bumps n bruises. Their bye set up to give Kamara as well some extra time to get closer to 100% after a heavy first 4 game work load, and ... they had no NEED to have to feed Kamara or M.Thomas. Heck, most of last nights game N.O. moved the ball at will. It was like a scrimmage for Brees.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: How freaked out are Kamara owners?

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:36 am

Joe, I know you meant your post as a joke. Totally.

My post wasn't intended to you specifically. Sorry bud. It was more as a general thought. Lots of posters here seem to severely over react to things. Lots of conclusions, labels, and definitive answers based on very small sample sizes seems to be the norm. You can see this type of approach and thinking permeate in most conversations and threads.

Man, Joe, I don't know how you do it with all those leagues. Crazy. Do you ever find yourself missing things? Like FA adds, etc? I'm in 6 dynasties and comish in 3 of them. I seem to occasionally miss on a free FA add from time to time.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:00 am

The funny thing is there probably is one owner in every league who sent a lowball offer for Kamara last night.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:00 am

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:02 am

it's not snap % you should be worried about but was he even on the field in the RZ? Losing goal line work for the Drew Brees Saints is a pretty big deal.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:05 am

If it continues I'd be worried AND surprised. He is simply too good to not have involved and I'm thinking Drew and Sean know that. Time will tell.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:11 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:00 am The funny thing is there probably is one owner in every league who sent a lowball offer for Kamara last night.
Ha. Last week after we got news of L.Bell potentially joining the team after week 7 bye. I get this offer for Conner. Keep in mind that I had to reject about 12 - 13 offers of 2019 or 2020 or 2021 1sts or 2nds for him over the past 3-4 weeks. All offers were light and made no sense for my team as it is a salary cap league.

So, the day we find out that Bell might return, Owner offered a 2020 3rd round pick for Conner. I declined. :wtf: I'm guessing it was a jab at me for not giving in to the other future 1st offers for Conner but.... C'mon man. I proceed to start Conner again and he gets me another 30+ point start and - another win.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:20 am

JFever wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:36 am Joe, I know you meant your post as a joke. Totally.

My post wasn't intended to you specifically. Sorry bud. It was more as a general thought. Lots of posters here seem to severely over react to things. Lots of conclusions, labels, and definitive answers based on very small sample sizes seems to be the norm. You can see this type of approach and thinking permeate in most conversations and threads.

Man, Joe, I don't know how you do it with all those leagues. Crazy. Do you ever find yourself missing things? Like FA adds, etc? I'm in 6 dynasties and comish in 3 of them. I seem to occasionally miss on a free FA add from time to time.
Sometimes if I am debating between two players to start I will forget to go back and put the one I prefer in. Hasn't cost me this year. I have a googledoc that maintains everything pretty well. I do miss on some FAs every once in awhile but no one I wanna kick myself to hard over. Fantasypros myplaybook helps a lot too.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:31 am

I'm Will Ferrell in Old School freaked out.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:51 am

James McGhee wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:09 am

Literally not the thread title