Keelan Cole

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Keelan Cole

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:18 pm

All David Moore does is catch touchdowns, and he's usurped two veteran WRs on his depth-chart. If you hadn't heard his name till now, you aren't paying proper attention. Moore should be stashed in every 12+ team dynasty league as a dice-roll to be Seattle's long-term future at WR alongside Lockett. Russell Wilson won't be stat suppressed forever.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:02 am

WTH happened to this guy? He went from the feel good story of late 2017 season to a complete non factor. Played in only 29% of teams offenseive snaps, less than everyone except journeyman Rashad Greene. Even rookie Chark getting twice as many snaps
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:10 am

He fumbled once in a game against the Cowboys where they were already down 3+ scores in the 3rd quarter. WRs aren't allowed to fumble with leadership like Coughlin and Marrone. A fumble by the WR is as bad as 6 interceptions thrown by the QB...because that makes football sense. Interceptions are expected. The fumble JUST COST THE COMEBACK! It's ALL his fault that they lost that game. He then fumbled again the very next game. His snap share got cut into literally 1/3 of what it had been after that.

Really though...I don't understand why he's not playing...other than the above

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:19 am

That could be all it takes though - just due to his draft pedigree being UDFA - IE the coaches see those 'mistakes' and subconsciously (fair or not) give more snaps to better pedigreed WRs like Chark, Moncrief & Westbrook.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ntasy/2018
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:32 am

Just shows h8w fast value can shift in dynasty. I saw valuations at a late first at one point. Hope those people cashed in.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:51 am

Going into the season in my 16 team, 16 keeper league, I was feeling pretty good trotting out the likes of TY Hilton, Keelan Cole and Pierre Garcon each week. So far that trio has been a pile of poop
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:05 am

Yeah, it's funny when you start the season with "great" depth guys like Goodwin, Hogan, Stills, Agholor and you say to yourself, if these guys play similarly to what they did last year or even have a slight uptick (Jimmy G connection + Tannehill coming back), I'll really be set at the WR position behind my studs.....and then your expectations get nuked back to reality.

Had an offer to trade Barber for Cole, preseason, and who knows if I'll come to regret passing on it now lol.

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:18 am

Lot of fair points being made about him fumbling etc. Can't help but feel it doesn't take much to be the #1 WR on Jax, with Moncrief, Westbrook and Chark ahead of him. Hope the kid gets another chance, and hope they get a better passer!

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:54 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:32 am Just shows h8w fast value can shift in dynasty. I saw valuations at a late first at one point. Hope those people cashed in.
I'm sure that's a valuation being pushed by people who own him. No one was paying a late first.

I feel like the list of players who are worth a 2nd but their owners think they are worth a 1st is humongous.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:55 am

Too many mouths to feed in Jacksonville, and they're all pretty close talent-wise. Plus Jacksonville doesn't have the greatest QB situation.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:13 am

Look at this dirt cheap contract...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonvill ... ole-22223/

And then he's a 27yo RFA. Won't likely hit the market to actually make NFL money until he's 28.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:01 pm

- drops and other mental errors led to Cole's depth-chart demotion

- Bortles likes Moncrief for some reason (maybe he just likes a big bodied target)

- the Jax offense is geared toward vertical threats in the passing-game to pull safeties out of the box for the run game, and Cole is slower in a straight line than Moncrief/Westbrook/Chark

- with Moncrief and Chark physically made for the boundary, it became Cole vs Westbrook in the slot, and Westbrook has simply been better than Cole (in fact, Westbrook is easily Jax's best tape graded receiver)... thus, Cole is left without a role or even niche

I don't know if Cole's career can recover from this situation. He's signed for cheap for another year, and even then he's a RFA after that, so Jax will find it easy to retain him as a very affordable bottom of depth-chart reserve until 2021. He'll already be 26 next year. He's in his physical prime and stuck in purgatory unless he's released or there's a coaching change. Moncrief may leave this offseason since he's on a one year deal, but then Lee returns, and Jax will give him every chance to start again in '19 since his dead-cap hit is 12.5 million; Cole owners probably need to hope Lee's injury is career-threatening (which is a distasteful thing to hope for, ofc).

Cole is droppable in dynasty leagues.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:24 am

Was there watching the Eagles game in London, and he was definitely pulled after the "fumble" and hasn't been seen since, which seems very harsh. He made some amazing catches last year, and earlier this year and I actually think he has good hands.

The Eagles fumble was a hospital pass and great hit, caught the ball and instantly took a huge hit. I haven't seen replays, but I would find it hard to place too much blame on him, yet it seems the coaches have
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:05 pm

Marrone is terrible at efficient use of available personnel and Hackett is a vanilla coordinator just as inflexible as his mentor.

So yeah, I blame coaching to an extent, too. I don't think they ever really wanted Cole to be good.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:16 pm

Like I have argued in the past, anytime you get some value out of an undrafted WR you should try to capitalize on it. They come and they go. Goodbye Keelan. We hardly knew you.