Breshad Perriman to the Redskins

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Re: Breshad Perriman to the Redskins

Postby problemsolver » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:54 am

The only league i ever owned Perriman in was a league where the guy who drafted him dropped him around week 6 of his rookie season. I remember sweating out the waiver process, celebrating after seeing i had won him, and thinking how very very smart i was, and how dumb the other guy was.

It took me forever to admit i was wrong.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:47 am

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:59 pm What's wrong with Doctson? He hasn't been super productive for fantasy, but I feel like he's been a generally good receiver so far.

i was never high on doctson comming out, but warmed up at the price over the last few months. alex smith is not good....but i do think that doctson could find a role if and when they move on from smith....(doctson was old comming out).

i believe crowder is the wr to own there with smith around.

as to perriman...he can not catch!

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:08 am

Gtdano_14 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:56 am
M-Dub wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:41 pm What has he done for anyone, ever? Dude’s never caught more than four passes in a game.
So if he gets 5 catches next week for 30 yards, he'll be more acceptable to you? :lol:
Odd line to draw. Just looking at guys on your roster, Mr. Funchess had ONE game above 4 catches at Doctson's current point in his career. I don't see how you can draw meaningful conclusions from that outside of an emotional assessment.
I wasn’t “drawing a line” at four catches. That would indeed be oddly arbitrary. I was simply stating a fact about Josh Doctson. Sorry if I confused you. When someone says “what have you done for me lately?” that typically implies that they’ve done something for you at some point in the past.

Also, comparing him to Funch probably wasn’t the best route to take, considering Doctson is a year and a half older than Funch despite playing one less season. So two weeks into Funch’s third season, he was 2.5 years younger than Doctson is now and, according to your research, had already flashed more potential. What was your point again?
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:18 am

M-Dub wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:08 am What was your point again?
Nothing to do with age you've now added to your not very lighthearted response. Simply >4 catch games in the first 2-3 seasons you originally pointed out. I understand what you originally said, but not all young receivers have to "flash" (as you say Funchess did) early on to have future success. You aren't a fan of Doctson, no confusion here, moving on.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:21 pm

Look, I’m not saying no possible scenario exists where Doctson becomes a viable fantasy asset. It’s just not looking very likely at this point. If you burned a top 4 rookie pick on him, I certainly don’t blame you for holding on and crossing your fingers, knocking on wood, throwing a pinch of salt over your shoulder and maybe saying a prayer or two to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I’d probably do the same thing. At the very least, you should be more optimistic than the poor folks who took Treadwell and Coleman in that same range. Best of luck to you, sir.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:44 pm

I just picked him up for free off waivers. Shame on the person who started this thread :clap:
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:49 pm

M-Dub wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:21 pm Look, I’m not saying no possible scenario exists where Doctson becomes a viable fantasy asset. It’s just not looking very likely at this point. If you burned a top 4 rookie pick on him, I certainly don’t blame you for holding on and crossing your fingers, knocking on wood, throwing a pinch of salt over your shoulder and maybe saying a prayer or two to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I’d probably do the same thing. At the very least, you should be more optimistic than the poor folks who took Treadwell and Coleman in that same range. Best of luck to you, sir.
Certainly a long shot, I agree. I was fortunate enough to get Doctson for a pair of 3rds so not too much invested. I just know I need to see this entire year before I make a decision in regards to his future on my team.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:07 pm

Perriman is a smart man. He got another NFL job somehow without having to even get a new apartment, considering how close Baltimore and Washington DC are. Kudos.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:50 pm

I don't actually think Doctson will be very relevant in fantasy, but I do think he'll always have a role in the NFL. He's not as good as he was supposed to be coming into the NFL, but he's not a complete bust.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:19 pm

My WR are a hot mess ... but even with that I can’t seem to forcing my finger to click on ‘submit’ to make a waiver claim on Perriman.