Is it Josh Rosen's time in AZ yet?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Is it Josh Rosen's time in AZ yet?

Postby Goddard » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:56 am

I haven't watched many Arizona games recently, but unless they have one of the worst o-lines in the league, I don't understand how the Cardinals wouldn't be better off starting Rosen right away. They have one of the best RBs in the league and have enough talent at WR to be able to do well offensively. Sitting and learning works well for some QBs, but I think Rosen is polished enough where he's going to learn more playing than he will watching Bradford.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:19 am

Yep, the problem is much bigger than just Bradford. Throw Rosen out there and it seems doubtful that the end result will be much different. Does the risk out weigh the gain? In this case, I think Arizona was probably thinking at some point that Rosen would be forced to start if / when Bradford gets hurt. I don't think that it would be smart or forward thinking to throw Rosen into a dumpster fire and think that he alone will turn things around.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:34 am

I think you start Rosen when you get a new OC. It's pointless to try and get him to learn this system when it's not inspiring.

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:59 am

Huh wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:43 am This is a two headed problem. Bradford is washed (for years) and mike McCoy was an uninspiring hire. Ditch them both immediately and get moving in a different direction.
McCoy might be the worst O-Coordinator in the league. I know the line sucks, but how is he not utilizing DJ as a receiver?
Just basic stuff right there.

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:43 pm

Poor Dj two lost year last year because of an injury now because cards suck damn
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:12 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:30 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:16 am
0LDMAN wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:10 am

As a Giants fan, we're coming for that no. 1 pick baby. The Browns look like a much more competent team than we do. They nearly beat the Steelers, and save for a useless kicker they would have beatin the Saints in the Superdome. Meanwhile we(NYGs) are getting embarassed weekly.

Back to the task though, it's Rosen time. They literally can't run Bradford back out there, it doesn't matter it's the Bears, he's been simply atrociously awful. I think you'll hear the announcement end of day today.
You a Giants fan who regrets drafting Barkley and think they should have gone Qb instead? You all seem very split on this.
Nope.
Just my opinion the only Franchise QB drafted in this draft was Baker Mayfield. I think Rosen/Darnold/Jackson/Allen will provide some decent value, but none of them will be a long term winner. I think the Giants looked at what the Rams did (draft Gurley and offensive pieces) so when the QB arrives he already has help. I think they'll go QB with a very high draft pick next season and make some strides. Of that group I think Rosen has the best chance at staying power, but I still liked the decision to go Barkley there. You don't draft someone at 1.02 unless you can say without a doubt, "this guy will be the guy", and the only QB I saw I could say that for was Baker Mayfield. Everyone else had questions.
Just my own humble opinion but that Giants O-Line might be the worst I have ever seen. Barkley was spinning and juking on every play, just to scrape for 2 yards. Eli was either running for his life or hurrying off a pass after a 3 step drop. If they don't invest HEAVILY in o-line in next year's draft and free agent class, what is the point of franchise QB, stud RB, $90 million dollar WR?
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:37 pm

Rosen had concussion issues in college. Starting him before they figure out some sort of solution with protections would be an unnecessary risk when the team isn't going to be competitive no katter what you do.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:42 pm

Maybe they should sh*tcan Mike McCoy.......even John Fox would be an upgrade.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:43 pm

raiders444 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:12 pm
0LDMAN wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:30 am
Weknownothing86 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:16 am

You a Giants fan who regrets drafting Barkley and think they should have gone Qb instead? You all seem very split on this.
Nope.
Just my opinion the only Franchise QB drafted in this draft was Baker Mayfield. I think Rosen/Darnold/Jackson/Allen will provide some decent value, but none of them will be a long term winner. I think the Giants looked at what the Rams did (draft Gurley and offensive pieces) so when the QB arrives he already has help. I think they'll go QB with a very high draft pick next season and make some strides. Of that group I think Rosen has the best chance at staying power, but I still liked the decision to go Barkley there. You don't draft someone at 1.02 unless you can say without a doubt, "this guy will be the guy", and the only QB I saw I could say that for was Baker Mayfield. Everyone else had questions.
Just my own humble opinion but that Giants O-Line might be the worst I have ever seen. Barkley was spinning and juking on every play, just to scrape for 2 yards. Eli was either running for his life or hurrying off a pass after a 3 step drop. If they don't invest HEAVILY in o-line in next year's draft and free agent class, what is the point of franchise QB, stud RB, $90 million dollar WR?
#JerseySales

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:39 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:42 pm Maybe they should sh*tcan Mike McCoy.......even John Fox would be an upgrade.
I was with you until the Fox bit. Can I get some of whatever you’re smoking?

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:26 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:39 pm
jordanzs wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:42 pm Maybe they should sh*tcan Mike McCoy.......even John Fox would be an upgrade.
I was with you until the Fox bit. Can I get some of whatever you’re smoking?
As much as I'm being sarcastic, I'm starting to think that John Fox or Jeff Fisher could both do a better job.

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:28 pm

they get no push in the running game but the OL hasn't been a disaster at pass blocking. 1st down run up the middle for 0-2 yards, 2nd down Bradford just sorta looks around for 3.5 seconds then throws an incompletion, 3rd and long incompletion, sack, or 5 yard pass. rinse, repeat. It's like they aren't even trying, I don't know what to think

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:34 am

rosen will start very soon. bradford was wasted money
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:27 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:34 am rosen will start very soon. bradford was wasted money
Do you think DJ becomes startable anytime this season>

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:30 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:27 pm
BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:34 am rosen will start very soon. bradford was wasted money
Do you think DJ becomes startable anytime this season>
DJ is already a must start for anyone that owns him.....