Kenny G Greatest Late Dynast Pick Ever

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Kenny G Greatest Late Dynast Pick Ever

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:16 pm

Time to give this dude his own thread. I got him in the 3rd round last year. Needless to say he has exceeded that pick. So where did you guys draft him? What do you see him being? Do we really think WR1?

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: Kenny G Greatest Late Dynast Pick Ever

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:32 pm

I love Golladay and own him in 5 total leagues. I was able to get him on waivers in a couple of leagues last season, drafted him at pick 3.11 in a rookie draft last season then drafted him in two startups this offseason, both times in the 9th round. I honestly feel like he’s one of the next best young WRs in the game.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:37 pm

I’m not gonna jump to him being a WR1 but he has exceeded everyone’s picks. He definitely seems like a guy you can play every week if you need to or flip him for a first, which is amazing since you most likely paid a late third for him. He is definitely exciting to own and if you own him like we do you just get excited since you hit on a basically free pick. I’d like to hear from an unbiased non Kenny G owner though.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:44 pm

I don’t look up old threads but I remember several people, including myself, saying how he looked like he could be really good, this was during preseason 2017 and it was pretty split, there were many non-believers. You could probably find some old Golladay threads.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:46 pm

I have Golloday.
But this is very premature.

He is getting some heavy volume but aside from his long TD today was a non factor.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:13 pm

Im not saying he will be a WR1 but how is 6-89-1 a non factor?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:17 pm

At the time I wrote that he was 3-40 something-1.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:40 pm

I don’t know where I would necessarily rank him but I just think he’s in the next group of young and upcoming WRs. Through two games, 13 catches or 203 1TD but for me and it’s the way he looks during the games, he jumps off the screen at me, but that’s just my opinion, it’s still early in his career.

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:25 am

Interesting time for this posting. The question seems to be whether hes in a 1a, 1b, 1c situation or whether we're watching a top 10 dynasty WR emerging (Ive come to hate that word) before our eyes. Im betting big time on the latter.

Is he worth a 2019 1st? Now before its too late?
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:20 am

Until Tate and/or Jones are gone we wont see top 10, but the talent I feel is there. I think many of us here make the mistake of overthinking every situation ( who is the qb, draft stock, being a true #1, etc) and that's how we make mistakes. You can just tell when a guy is the real deal, I felt I saw this with MT and Tyreek Hill, I owned both of them at one point and just knew the talent was there. I however made the extremely poor decision to read too many opinions on this message board and website that changed my mind and I decided to cash out on both of them like an idiot. I feel this same exact way about Golladay and I am not going to make that mistake again.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:47 am

Pretty sure we had a thread several months back about not referring to him as "Kenny G". He's a musician.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:00 am

skip wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:47 am Pretty sure we had a thread several months back about not referring to him as "Kenny G". He's a musician.
Nah Kenny G is the way to go for multiple reasons

"Kenny G Blows"
"Kenny G Sax"
"Kenny G really took the WIND out of that cornerback"
"Kenny G orchestrated that route so well"

And the list goes on...... i can keep going if you want me to...... or i wont.... its up to you.

PS If someone has no idea what my awful puns are referring to just google Kenny G, the jokes still wont be funny but do it anyway.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:35 am

Kenny G holds the Guinness book record for playing the longest continuous note on a saxophone. He played one note for 45 plus minutes and there was a crowd of people sitting there listening to it, I’d imagine that’s what hell will be like.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:56 am

Nanananananana wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:35 am Kenny G holds the Guinness book record for playing the longest continuous note on a saxophone. He played one note for 45 plus minutes and there was a crowd of people sitting there listening to it, I’d imagine that’s what hell will be like.
Sure he did ... oh, and did I tell you about the erection I had that lasted for 3 days ? There was a crowd there that ...well forgot about that.

Back to Kenny G. , The G-Man , or the Chris Berman & Bee Gees inspired "Ooh You're a Golladay " ... by any other name would his game look so sweet ?

Simply put, he's not a household name yet nor does he have the statistics to back being a WR1 but if you just watch his game he has the absolute look of one. Tate will surely move on if he maintains he is worth $10 mil per on a multi year contract. Then it will be Jones & Golladay show. Actually hoping Tate sticks around to draw away coverage. Otherwise it is going to be constant double teams Golladay's way unless some TE or suitable replacement comes In to replace tHe Golden One.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:37 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:56 am
Nanananananana wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:35 am Kenny G holds the Guinness book record for playing the longest continuous note on a saxophone. He played one note for 45 plus minutes and there was a crowd of people sitting there listening to it, I’d imagine that’s what hell will be like.
Sure he did ... oh, and did I tell you about the erection I had that lasted for 3 days ? There was a crowd there that ...well forgot about that.

Back to Kenny G. , The G-Man , or the Chris Berman & Bee Gees inspired "Ooh You're a Golladay " ... by any other name would his game look so sweet ?

Simply put, he's not a household name yet nor does he have the statistics to back being a WR1 but if you just watch his game he has the absolute look of one. Tate will surely move on if he maintains he is worth $10 mil per on a multi year contract. Then it will be Jones & Golladay show. Actually hoping Tate sticks around to draw away coverage. Otherwise it is going to be constant double teams Golladay's way unless some TE or suitable replacement comes In to replace tHe Golden One.
Exactly and thats what we need to go by now. People can bring up draft stock as much as they want but in the end he looks the part. Is definitely exciting to own since he was just so cheap. I wouldn’t sell him for anything less than a first or sell him at all. You just don’t get value like it. I’d rather go down with the Golladay ship if it sinks since I paid nothing for him.