Stop calling Sammy Watkins a stud

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Sammy Watkins

Postby notweswelker » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:37 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:42 pm Thank god I bought him cheap this off season

Chris Hogan and Peyton Barker

no one is going to buy this guy now, he's hurt way to much, and isn't even putting up good numbers for people to take a risk.
What about Kerryon for Watkins?

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:44 pm

Looking above on this same page it looks like I projected him as "a good option as a starter in fantasy and a great flex play". I admittedly expected a reasonably even split in targets which played out for a portion of the season but don't think sustained all the way through. He was on a WR2 pace before he re-injured his foot (which is unexpected and unfortunate after he made it through an entire season healthy with LA).

I don't really feel bad about what's happened here and I expect him to pick up where he left off next season. He's too expensive for KC to cut before 2020 and TBH I think he was a really valuable piece to this offense while it lasted.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:53 pm

I thought the foot injuries were behind him. He at least looked good when he was healthy. A very quality WR2.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:06 am

I’ll keep riding it out. It once looked like Julio’s foot issues were never going to end. Or Andre Johnson’s hamstring. Or Colston’s knee. Sometimes it seems like these guys just get a bad surgeon/trainer/etc and eventually get things sorted out. It’s not concussion problems or knee issues, so while it’s really irritating as an owner, I’ll keep riding it out,
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:08 pm

ericanadian wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:06 am I’ll keep riding it out. It once looked like Julio’s foot issues were never going to end. Or Andre Johnson’s hamstring. Or Colston’s knee. Sometimes it seems like these guys just get a bad surgeon/trainer/etc and eventually get things sorted out. It’s not concussion problems or knee issues, so while it’s really irritating as an owner, I’ll keep riding it out,
I once remember thinking Frank Gore was made of glass...

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Sammy Watkins The New Torrey Smith?

Postby turcorox911 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:39 am

Do you all think Sammy Watkins is The New Torrey Smith? Watkins is athletic, but became nothing more than a deep-ball guy after leaving Buffalo. Now he's oft-injured and not producing that well. Do you think his career trajectory will mimic Torrey's?

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Sammy Watkins The New Torrey Smith?

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:07 pm

I think Torrey Smith is the old Sammy Watkins.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:30 pm

I think they need to splice both players DNA and make Sammy Smith. That scenario is about as realistic as your posts.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:06 pm

No because the number of letters in their names are different.

Torrey Smith = 11
Sammy Watkins = 12
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Actually, not a terrible comparison for a career trajectory.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:12 pm

Torrey Smith was way more durable and I would argue he was significantly more one dimensional. I’m not really seeing the comparison.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:19 pm

ericanadian wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:12 pm Torrey Smith was way more durable and I would argue he was significantly more one dimensional. I’m not really seeing the comparison.
I agree with this. Smith was just a burner for the most part. Watkins can be used with more versatility in routes. I thought he was past the foot troubles, but they creeped back.

I'm not so sure I'd jump to this conclusion yet though with Watkins slated to return to a team with Patrick Mahomes as QB next season.

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:58 am

Friction wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:16 pm Actually, not a terrible comparison for a career trajectory.
It is a terrible comparison in play style though. Watkins has done everything at WR in KC, with deep balls being by far the smallest part of his game. Quick screens and slants were a much bigger part, and he added huge value with that, which KC has missed a lot. If he can get and stay healthy, he can be a truly dynamic and productive WR. Of course, there aren't many bigger ifs in the entire NFL and, at this point, the odds seem crazy slim. Which is a damn shame.

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:45 pm

I made a trade a few years back, Tom Brady for Sammy Watkins, thought I won the deal, but guess not. :-/

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:47 pm

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:58 am
Friction wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:16 pm Actually, not a terrible comparison for a career trajectory.
It is a terrible comparison in play style though. Watkins has done everything at WR in KC, with deep balls being by far the smallest part of his game. Quick screens and slants were a much bigger part, and he added huge value with that, which KC has missed a lot. If he can get and stay healthy, he can be a truly dynamic and productive WR. Of course, there aren't many bigger ifs in the entire NFL and, at this point, the odds seem crazy slim. Which is a damn shame.
Torrey's did more intermediate stuff in Philly and worked some short routes in Norv Turner's offense this year too. Put Torrey in KC's offense and he will HAVE to work quick screens, slants, drags, posts, curls, and comebacks. That's the way Reid's system works. See Maclin when joined KC and reunited with Reid.