Stop calling Sammy Watkins a stud

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Sammy Watkins

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:38 pm

I bought him for chris Hogan and peyton barber got jordan Wilkins back with him.

I feel that is pretty cheap for what he could be.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:52 am

kris_kapsner wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:25 pm I paid a 1st for Watkins this off season. And, I'm still happy with that trade.

People forget how young he was when he came into the league. He was Amari Cooper young when he came in. He's in his 5th season and just turned 25 in June. Calvin Ridley turns 24 in December and he's a rookie that just went in the 1st round in most rookie drafts this summer.

Let's take a look at what Watkins has been up against so far in his career.

In the NFL Draft he was the consensus best WR talent that year...ahead of other rookies Mike Evans, OBJ, Brandon Cooks, Javis Landry, Devante Adams and MORE!!! Arguably the most talented WR class in NFL history. And Watkins was considered #1 on every board I've seen.

First three years he played for the Bills, arguably one of the worst teams in the league. As a rookie he posted 65 receptions for 982 yards and 6 TD's. By any measuring stick outside of Randy Moss, that's a great rookie season for a WR...especially one on a poor team with poor QB play. Year 2 he posted 60 catches for 1,047 yards and 9 TD's. Also an excellent season, especially since he missed 3 games early and played injured during the year. His trajectory was most certainly pointing up. Year 3 of his career arrived and Watkins broke his foot in the off season. He returned to play for the Bills week 12.

In August of his 4th year he was traded to the Rams for a 2nd round pick. He didn't have much time to acclimate himself to the team. He still scored 8 TD's and the Rams tried to sign him to a long term deal. He opted to test free agency for the first time in his career and he was rewarded with the highest paid WR contract in free agency this year. 3 years, $48 million.

Now he's in a high octane offense AND for the first time in his career, including college, he's being asked to learn all of the WR routes and positions. He's being moved around. Andy Reid is challenging him. But Andy went and got "his guy" in free agency and plans on using Watkins immense talent.

Now, does that mean that Hill isn't talented? No. Tyreek Hill is also incredibly talented. More so than any of us thought of him as a rookie. But, that doesn't mean that Watkins won't ease into his place as a key cog in the KC high octane offense.

I think the window to buy Watkins is now. And I'd buy him again if given the opportunity.
Man, every post I read from Sammy believers is just a laundry list of excuses for what he could have been.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:15 am

CharlieKelly wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:52 am
kris_kapsner wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:25 pm I paid a 1st for Watkins this off season. And, I'm still happy with that trade.

People forget how young he was when he came into the league. He was Amari Cooper young when he came in. He's in his 5th season and just turned 25 in June. Calvin Ridley turns 24 in December and he's a rookie that just went in the 1st round in most rookie drafts this summer.

In the NFL Draft he was the consensus best WR talent that year...ahead of other rookies Mike Evans, OBJ, Brandon Cooks, Javis Landry, Devante Adams and MORE!!! Arguably the most talented WR class in NFL history. And Watkins was considered #1 on every board I've seen.

First three years he played for the Bills, arguably one of the worst teams in the league. As a rookie he posted 65 receptions for 982 yards and 6 TD's. By any measuring stick outside of Randy Moss, that's a great rookie season for a WR...especially one on a poor team with poor QB play. Year 2 he posted 60 catches for 1,047 yards and 9 TD's. Also an excellent season, especially since he missed 3 games early and played injured during the year. His trajectory was most certainly pointing up. Year 3 of his career arrived and Watkins broke his foot in the off season. He returned to play for the Bills week 12.

In August of his 4th year he was traded to the Rams for a 2nd round pick. He didn't have much time to acclimate himself to the team. He still scored 8 TD's and the Rams tried to sign him to a long term deal. He opted to test free agency for the first time in his career and he was rewarded with the highest paid WR contract in free agency this year. 3 years, $48 million.

Now he's in a high octane offense AND for the first time in his career, including college, he's being asked to learn all of the WR routes and positions. He's being moved around. Andy Reid is challenging him. But Andy went and got "his guy" in free agency and plans on using Watkins immense talent.

Now, does that mean that Hill isn't talented? No. Tyreek Hill is also incredibly talented. More so than any of us thought of him as a rookie. But, that doesn't mean that Watkins won't ease into his place as a key cog in the KC high octane offense.

I think the window to buy Watkins is now. And I'd buy him again if given the opportunity.
Man, every post I read from Sammy believers is just a laundry list of excuses for what he could have been.
well, why do you think hes not producing? and the chiefs gave him all that money because he stinks?
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:24 am

Sammy Watkins agent deserves an MVP award!
20 Team Superflex (1/2 PPR / 6pt TD's)
11 Starters - QB 1(2), RB 2(4), WR 2(5), TE 2(3)

QB - Kirk Cousins, Deshaun Watson
RB - Christian McCaffrey, JK Dobbins, Tony Pollard, Jaylen Warren
WR - Odell Beckham, Adam Thielen, Allen Robinson, Donavan Peoples-Jones
TE - Mark Andrews, Jonnu Smith

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:51 am

I drafted Sammy 1.01 his rookie year and had really high hopes. But at this point do any Sammy owners have ANY confidence in putting him in your line-up? He has a ton of talent and a starter in a high-octane offense but no one wants to actually plug him into a line-up? He is healthy and in his 5th year in the NFL and he is unplayable???

I really hope he turns it around in KC because WR is my weakest position (drafting Watkins, JMatt, Blackmon, Perriman, Doctson as my 1st round picks the past several years hasn't helped me). There is for sure a chance Watkins can put together a couple of 20 point games in a row and his stock will skyrocket, but at this point I am not holding my breath. He could just as easily get hurt again and have another lost year. I am holding onto him so that he might actually start to put it all together, he is still fairly young as has been pointed out, but anything out of him is a bonus and nothing you can bank on.

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:05 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:15 am
CharlieKelly wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:52 am

well, why do you think hes not producing? and the chiefs gave him all that money because he stinks?
They had money to burn and Watkins has a great profile. I don't think he's absolutely worthless, but he'll probably settle in as a WR4 with occasional WR2/3 upside. The problem is people who have him still think he's a WR2.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:11 pm

Never Veto wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:24 am Sammy Watkins agent deserves an MVP award!
His agent must have drafted him in dynasty
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:43 pm

maxhyde wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:52 pm I'm buying Watkins where possible.
Talent has never been the question...targets have been the issue
Why is the timing right now in your opinion? I want to buy cheap now and resell, but I don't see how a shrewd owner would use him as an every week start with him being the fourth option in that offense. I would be holding to resell, but I don't see why I should buy now, when I can probably get him for nothing at year's end.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:42 pm

Oddball456 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:51 am I drafted Sammy 1.01 his rookie year and had really high hopes. But at this point do any Sammy owners have ANY confidence in putting him in your line-up? He has a ton of talent and a starter in a high-octane offense but no one wants to actually plug him into a line-up? He is healthy and in his 5th year in the NFL and he is unplayable???

I really hope he turns it around in KC because WR is my weakest position (drafting Watkins, JMatt, Blackmon, Perriman, Doctson as my 1st round picks the past several years hasn't helped me). There is for sure a chance Watkins can put together a couple of 20 point games in a row and his stock will skyrocket, but at this point I am not holding my breath. He could just as easily get hurt again and have another lost year. I am holding onto him so that he might actually start to put it all together, he is still fairly young as has been pointed out, but anything out of him is a bonus and nothing you can bank on.
Mind letting us know whichever WR you curse in next year's draft?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:45 pm

ericanadian wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:42 pm
Oddball456 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:51 am I drafted Sammy 1.01 his rookie year and had really high hopes. But at this point do any Sammy owners have ANY confidence in putting him in your line-up? He has a ton of talent and a starter in a high-octane offense but no one wants to actually plug him into a line-up? He is healthy and in his 5th year in the NFL and he is unplayable???

:lol: :clap:
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:53 pm

Own Watkins in one league where I got him dirt cheap, but don't know that I'd pay an early 2nd for him. Can't believe he'll produce without being fed targets, and he's not going to be the center piece of the Chiefs offense unless their three superior receiving options go down.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:08 pm

Blueboy wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:53 pm Own Watkins in one league where I got him dirt cheap, but don't know that I'd pay an early 2nd for him. Can't believe he'll produce without being fed targets, and he's not going to be the center piece of the Chiefs offense unless their three superior receiving options go down.
An early 2nd is a borderline top 100 dynasty asset. Sammy is worth more than that on potential alone.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:01 pm

Blueboy wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:53 pm Own Watkins in one league where I got him dirt cheap, but don't know that I'd pay an early 2nd for him. Can't believe he'll produce without being fed targets, and he's not going to be the center piece of the Chiefs offense unless their three superior receiving options go down.
Watkins has already shown he can produce 1000 yards with 100 targets in the right situation. I do not think anyone is expecting him to get 150 targets but last year Watkins was 39-593-8 on 70 targets which is 56-850-11 on 100 (although TDs are unpredictable). Basically with 100 targets he would have been low WR2 high WR3. So it is not like he needs to be fed targets to be productive - he just needs to get targets. And people should remember that was a team he joined in August and whose QB people were already writing off.

We'll learn this year hopefully whether or not he can earn enough targets. His Y/R has been 15 or higher his entire career - so if he can actually get 100 targets, catch 60 he has potential for 60-900-6. If Mahomes is going to be more confident throwing downfield than Goff was last year (and doesnt lock only on Hill), then that is still possible. We have plenty of optimists that Mahomes is going to be top 10 or even top 5 this year, and if that is the case - there is little reason to doubt Watkins can produce.

Honestly I have my doubts that Mahomes will be top 5 (as shown elsewhere) but none that Watkins can succeed if he can earn a decent number of targets.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:54 am

I sold him just prior to week 1 to a WR needy team for a late first, M. Lee and K. Cole. I'm pretty satisfied with the return. He was my WR5 and couldn't see myself comfortably ever plugging him into my WR3 spot.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:02 pm

kris_kapsner wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:45 pm
ericanadian wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:42 pm

:lol: :clap:
We'll, good thing I traded for A Cooper before last year.... :(