Overall bad rookie performances

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Overall bad rookie performances

Postby jman3134 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:12 pm

Csl312 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:02 pm
remedy29 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:19 am A lot of Guice mention on these boards. Isn't Guice the most disappointing rookie of this draft class so far? Any running back getting carries would have impressed. Just because other rookie RB have other quality guys on the roster, doesn't make Guice any better than any other rookie. Guice had opportunity THIS season and he completely blew that opportunity by getting hurt. Who knows what will happen next year, but I doubt Washington will go into next year relying (hoping) Guice can be their featured back. They will have RBs better than Perrine and Rob Kelly on their roster next year.

This is pretty reasonable to me. The other thing I think about is whether he will be a little bit more hesitant after recovering from his injury. That said I don't think I'd call him "the most disappointing" since that phrasing seems to imply fault. I'd say his situation is pretty disappointing for those who drafted him though.
Remedy burner account? How is Guice disappointing? Every player has been injured at one time or another. Todd Gurley, ODB last year, Julio, etc.

Guice isn't losing the job next year. What benefit do they have to bring in yet another back?
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:24 am

Burner account? I have over 800 posts on this forum since 2012 but nice try. I don't think you even read my post. Note the part where I stated I don't think I'd call him the most disappointing. I'm not sure how it's controversial to say if I drafted him I'd certainly be disappointed that he was injured and not producing points.

The part I feel is reasonable is that there is a not insignificant chance they draft a later round RB. Perine and Kelly haven't exactly been stellar even as a #2 option. It is not unheard of that a middle round RB comes in and gets hot when the highly touted pick flounders a bit. I don't think this is likely but it's not unreasonable.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:30 am

In the RB world there are absolutely no guarantees, in all likelihood Guice will have the job next year but it cant be stated for certain.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:48 am

60 yards and a TD by Pettis. Torched 1st-rounder Hughes on one route, and Rhodes on another but Garoppolo wasn't accurate. He'll be starting this week, and if Garcon primarily draws Slay's coverage, Lawson on the other side is very beatable.

Ant Miller was getting open. Got plenty of snaps, confirmed he's the offense's WR3 ahead of White, and even registered a tackle on special-teams. He wasn't targeted more because Trub missed seeing him open over and over again. Five hitch/screen targets wasted on Gabriel because his run-after-catch ability works better downfield, not at the LoS. Nagy will figure it out. Trub, I don't know about.

Tre'Quan Smith is still buried on his depth-chart, and this isn't a surprise for people that were objectively paying attention in preseason; he was getting too many minutes in the 4th quarter of those games, and played a lot Week 4. Can't blame him for not doing anything when he isn't getting snaps yet. He needs Ginn out of the picture before he can matter, since the WR3 in NO (and Smith isn't even that yet) doesn't matter since Kamara is the de facto WR2, making the nominal WR3 really the de facto WR4.

Carson was easily the better runner than Penny Week 1, and I'm not just talking about the box-score. Everyone see what Carson did to Roby? Penny truthers should be sweating bullets. Carson has had trouble staying healthy since high-school, and that might be Penny's only hope.

Royce Freeman did just fine Week 1.

Jones' value is in freefall if he's inactive again Week 2.

Main problem for Ridley is that Matt Ryan was legitimately throwing ducks out there Week 1, so he just blanketed his most trusted target (i.e. Julio). I don't know what's going on, but his arm looked shot. Disturbing. Hopefully it's nothing long term...

We told y'all Moore is too raw to do much immediately in the league. The only three routes he ran in college at a success rate notably above the NCAA average were slants, screens, and hitches. Two of those don't require any route-craft. Moore has all the athletic tools to eventually be good in the pros, but if you drafted him counting on immediate usability, you done goofed. The traditional Year 3 breakout is what I'm looking at with him. He's very young, so, you can rationally justify patience.

I don't think Christian Kirk can matter in Arizona until they let him play every snap in the slot, where he belongs. Gotta wait for Fitz to retire.

Regarding Gallup, there were plenty of indicators in advance of Week 1 that Cole Beasley would be the real #1 WR in Dallas this year. Gallup is the WR3/4 in a run-based offense with a QB that may just not be a reliable passer for fantasy purposes. Like Dez before him, Gallup isn't so great at actually separating from coverage, and Dak prefers to play it safer and throw to a guy that gets more completely open looks, i.e. Beasley.

Sutton looked good to me. Not counting on an '18 impact with him, but odds are solid he's starting in '19. So basically, Week 1 updated nothing regarding my expectations.

I'm legit disappointed Goedert didn't get more than one target. But how much of that is to blame on Foles? I'm guessing a lot.

Michel and sketchy health has been a red flag in his profile since square one. This was a gamble his drafters chose to make. He'll be active Week 2, I think.

Gesicki will be developing fine if he can just get 30 receptions as a rookie. I'm circling '19 with him. The quiet Week 1 didn't surprise me.

3-5 carries for Chubb per week is a rational expectation for a third-string running-back.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:57 am

Csl312 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:24 am Burner account? I have over 800 posts on this forum since 2012 but nice try. I don't think you even read my post. Note the part where I stated I don't think I'd call him the most disappointing. I'm not sure how it's controversial to say if I drafted him I'd certainly be disappointed that he was injured and not producing points.

The part I feel is reasonable is that there is a not insignificant chance they draft a later round RB. Perine and Kelly haven't exactly been stellar even as a #2 option. It is not unheard of that a middle round RB comes in and gets hot when the highly touted pick flounders a bit. I don't think this is likely but it's not unreasonable.
I was joking- just surprised someone piggybacked his statement with a more logical take.

Anything is possible, but Guice is a Fournette level talent, so it would take a lot to unseat him imho.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:37 am

remedy29 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:19 am A lot of Guice mention on these boards. Isn't Guice the most disappointing rookie of this draft class so far? Any running back getting carries would have impressed. Just because other rookie RB have other quality guys on the roster, doesn't make Guice any better than any other rookie. Guice had opportunity THIS season and he completely blew that opportunity by getting hurt. Who knows what will happen next year, but I doubt Washington will go into next year relying (hoping) Guice can be their featured back. They will have RBs better than Perrine and Rob Kelly on their roster next year.
This might be the dumbest and most ignorant thing I've read here.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:53 am

remedy29 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:19 am Isn't Guice the most disappointing rookie of this draft class so far?
Maybe if you drafted him at 1.2 before his injury.

And since I took him at 1.5 AFTER his injury, even then, not so much.
Any running back getting carries would have impressed.
Not sure you understand what "impress" means.
Just because other rookie RB have other quality guys on the roster, doesn't make Guice any better than any other rookie.
Nor does it show he isn't better than any other rookie.
Guice had opportunity THIS season and he completely blew that opportunity by getting hurt.
Harsh and irrational. Tell me, if I as a motorist rear-end you on the way to work, have you 'completely blown your opportunity' to get to work on time?

lel

I guarantee the Skins front-office and coaching staff don't blame Guice for his injury.
Who knows what will happen next year, but I doubt Washington will go into next year relying (hoping) Guice can be their featured back.
Historical precedent indicates they will.

They spent a 2nd round pick on him in a loaded RB class. That capital will still be invested next offseason, and the team has other needs to address. It wasn't a catastrophic injury, so Washington's draft assessment of Guice's potential to contribute is unchanged.
They will have RBs better than Perrine and Rob Kelly on their roster next year.
Maybe a Day 3 pick and UDFA, sure.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:08 pm

Penny was definitely trying to do too much as a runner, he'll learn. Also looked like his conditioning may not have been up to par. He looked really good in the receiving game though.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:52 am

looks like the ALL rookie RBs outside of Barkey continue to struggle right along with Mr jones too...
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:58 am

Tvols wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:52 am looks like the ALL rookie RBs outside of Barkey continue to struggle right along with Mr jones too...
What about Crazy Phil in Denver? He's been outshining Royce Freeman!

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:14 am

Tvols wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:52 am looks like the ALL rookie RBs outside of Barkey continue to struggle right along with Mr jones too...
Kerryon has been solid with limited snaps in a faltering offense. I think he'll be fantasy relevant within the next couple of weeks.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:26 am

Kerryon will be relevant in a few weeks. He continues to look good and be the best rb on the field. Game flow is all that's holding his breakout back.

Ridley and Moore are going to start getting more involved- Should have equally productive seasons when compared with each other.

Pettis will be startable as well even with the dropoff this week.

Callaway will be the Tyreek Hill waiver pickup of the season.

Penny will have occasional big game as they continue to phase out Carson and give Penny touches. With the oline, nothing will be consistent regarding his production though, but hes sure to have the occasional good game.

Chubb - same as pre season. Wont be fantasy relevant until an injury to Hyde or towards the end of the season as slowly keeps showing hes the better back.

Sutton - has a great catch that didnt count , barely out of bounds. really climbed the ladder though. Showed his athleticism. He will end the season strong. maybe by mid season be startable if DT keeps dropping balls/ getting hurt.

RoJo - Will get a shot but who knows. i was never high on him. But Barber sucks. hes not even a JAG.

Freeman - Lindsay looks great. Will be a timeshare committee riding the hot hand. Not to say things dont change in a year or two.

Theres a lot of hope.

I left out Sony because idc.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:34 pm

RB: Barkley... geez what a monster
Royce: Phil outplaying him is concerning, but the season is young
Kerryon: Looks good. Wish I'd have got him instead of...
RoJo: Who?
Sony: Poor landing spot destroyed his value for me. Maybe when TB and BB leave it wont be a committee? NE RB is a frustrating position in fantasy
Guice: TBD
Penny: Most interesting back and situation to me. Shows burst and shiftiness for a big guy but seems to get tackled easily. There were multiple runs late last night that I thought could be 15+ yard gains but ended up being a 5 yard shoestring tackle
Chubb: Similar to Sony, needs a break (literally) to be relevant

WR DJ: Impressed with a TD this week
Anthony Miller also scored on a nice route ran
Pettis was quiet but he may be the most relevant this year unless Ridley continues to grow

Seems to be a good class, nothing amazing yet besides Barkley though

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:31 pm

One this I will say about Chubb is that Cleveland clear believes in the true bell cow methodology. Hyde is getting 85-90 of snaps. This bodes well for him once he steals the job away
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Cabana
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Cabana » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:18 am

I haven't watched SEA games yet, except against the very good Chicago defense, but after being outsnapped and outtouched by Mike Davis, owner in my league is starting to freak out. Is he looking as bad as the boxscores indicate and shouldn't be pursued or he is starting to become a buy-low right now?
Ducks League
12-team non-PPR 28-roster 1QB, 2-3RB, 2-3WR, 1TE, 1DL. 1LB, 1DB, 1K http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3951353