General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Blind Bid Waivers

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:29 am

Hey all, need help setting up my waivers, as I'm failing miserably:

League rules:
Blind bid waivers process Wednesday night, 8:00 pm. FCFS after until player's game kicks off.

Current issues:
Not requiring players to submit bids and they're able to just add and drop like crazy.

I even added an event to lock free agents but it seems to have no effect. Other note: When players are dropped, I would like them to go through the waiver process.

Save me please.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Blind Bid Waivers

Postby M-Dub » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:20 am

Are you using MFL? Just want to clarify before answering, because the process for subjecting dropped players to a bidding cycle is way more complicated than it should be. It’s not as simple as just checking a box, unfortunately.

To be honest, you might be better off submitting a support ticket just to make sure I don’t miss any steps. The MFL support staff is really good about getting back to you within 24 hours, often much sooner.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Blind Bid Waivers

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Jason3123, you have to set a date to lock free agents or lock. If you do not, after the weeks games they will become free agents again until the following weeks kickoff.

To set this up you can go to the Setup > Waivers Setup > General Add/Drop Setup and define the following:

Blind Bid Requests For Locked Players, First Come/First Serve For Rest

Waiver Process To Run? (Add time and date)

Dropped Players Are Locked Until? (You set this parameter as well but remember, you must create a waiver processing window for them to process, otherwise they will be locked until the following weeks waiver period. I create one for every day so dropped player acquisitions process daily if necessary.)

Lock All Free Agents Each Week On? (I input the beginning of the Monday night game here.)

Because you didn't have a lock time setup, you will have to manually go into Reports>Player>Locked players and manually lock all payers. Make sure you have this process repeat for how ever many weeks. Hope this helps.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland