Late 2nd
2%

Total votes: 189

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Last Chance To Buy Low On Kerryon Johnson

Postby TB3falcons » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:09 am

What's a fair offer for him? Ingram and a late 2019 1st?
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:12 am

TB3falcons wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:09 am What's a fair offer for him? Ingram and a late 2019 1st?
Please don't offer that for Kerryon.

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:16 am

I've been trying to deal Ingram for 2 years now... no one wants him. He's going to 29 and a free agent next year. Getting close to the 30/31 drop off with uncertain future. Plus a PED suspension, another one gets him 10 games.
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:21 am

TB3falcons wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:16 am I've been trying to deal Ingram for 2 years now... no one wants him. He's going to 29 and a free agent next year. Getting close to the 30/31 drop off with uncertain future. Plus a PED suspension, another one gets him 10 games.
Trust me, you will be much better off waiting a month and selling Ingram after a big game. By then Kerryon owners will be selling far more cheaply.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:27 am

MEuRaH wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:24 am I've been a huge supporter of KJ that stretches all the way back to May 12 (earliest post I could find. I loved the dude before that but I didn't want to tip my hand, as dozens of my opponents frequent these forums). HERE & HERE are posts that reference my belief that he will do amazing things.

After watching last nights game, I've concluded that you have 1 or 2 weeks before he's out of your price range. If you only saw the stat line, then you're missing everything special about this kid. How many of his plays were called back due to penalty? Too many to count. Check the video:

Kid is a special talent. Here's is a TL/DR summary for you:

-- He can make people miss in a phone booth, which is needed to be a special runner in this league (avoiding tackles at the line & creating space).
-- Great size, strong & physical, and his speed is amazing when given how big he is.
-- Can catch the ball, can block the rusher. A true 3 down back, which means more play opportunities.
-- Detroit spent significant draft capital on offensive linemen, especially at center and guard. They want to run the ball.
-- The game yesterday got quickly out of hand, the Lions were forced to pass... AND
-- The game was late last night. Most people checked the stat lines and came away unimpressed. LOOK AT THE VIDEO I POSTED! Show me one run or catch on that list that doesn't impress you, and I'll show you why it should.
-- Blount got hurt.

After a terrible week 1 performance by the Lions, they will look at this video and determine they need to run the ball more. KJ will get more opportunities now that Blount is hurt. Week 2 he could explode. Week 3 could be too late to acquire him. This is your last chance. DON'T PASS IT UP.
MEuRaH ...That's beneath you. Sarah Huckabee Sanders wouldn't stoop that low.

You showed way more misdirection than anything Kerryon Johnson showed us last night. Wait another week and price will dip even lower. Lang is hurting again so I'm not holding out any hopes of a major turnaround in the blocking. Match that with the ineptitude of the defense and I'm expecting to see lots of Theo.

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:35 am

drobes wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:26 am I was hoping to see a mashup of Kerryon's touches in the game last night but that video is week #1 preseason... against scrubs.
haha wow I didn't even notice that at first. This whole post comes off as a lot more desperate now

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:39 am

CharlieKelly wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:21 am
TB3falcons wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:16 am I've been trying to deal Ingram for 2 years now... no one wants him. He's going to 29 and a free agent next year. Getting close to the 30/31 drop off with uncertain future. Plus a PED suspension, another one gets him 10 games.
Trust me, you will be much better off waiting a month and selling Ingram after a big game. By then Kerryon owners will be selling far more cheaply.
You are pretty aptly named CharlieKelly. Mark Ingram is 28, coming off a suspension, is the #2 back in his own backfield, AND is not even tied to NO beyond this season. Most people drafted KJ with a mid-late 1st round pick. If you came to me with Ingram and a late 2019 1st I wouldn't even respond. Even if Kerryon does absolutely nothing this season, I'd still laugh you off for that offer. Kid is 21 with sky high potential. This is dynasty, owners aren't giving up on a 21 year old high draft pick because of a few weeks slow start to his rookie season, c'mon bro.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:03 am

0LDMAN wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:39 am
You are pretty aptly named CharlieKelly. Mark Ingram is 28, coming off a suspension, is the #2 back in his own backfield, AND is not even tied to NO beyond this season. Most people drafted KJ with a mid-late 1st round pick. If you came to me with Ingram and a late 2019 1st I wouldn't even respond. Even if Kerryon does absolutely nothing this season, I'd still laugh you off for that offer. Kid is 21 with sky high potential. This is dynasty, owners aren't giving up on a 21 year old high draft pick because of a few weeks slow start to his rookie season, c'mon bro.
I think you are both wrong. Kerryon will certainly have more value moving forward and will command a premium if you wait. Similarly, Ingram needs a good game or two and he will reclaim his value in a high power offense for now. It is a toss up on timing. Maybe trade someone else for Kerryon and then trade Ingram after a good game?

Ingram was #2 in the backfield last year and produced considerably as the goal line option. Don't see that changing especially because it keeps Kamara's legs fresh.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:07 am

0LDMAN wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:39 am You are pretty aptly named CharlieKelly. Mark Ingram is 28, coming off a suspension, is the #2 back in his own backfield, AND is not even tied to NO beyond this season. Most people drafted KJ with a mid-late 1st round pick. If you came to me with Ingram and a late 2019 1st I wouldn't even respond. Even if Kerryon does absolutely nothing this season, I'd still laugh you off for that offer. Kid is 21 with sky high potential. This is dynasty, owners aren't giving up on a 21 year old high draft pick because of a few weeks slow start to his rookie season, c'mon bro.
Sorry, but this is just silly. Stating that most people drafted KJ with a mid to late 1st, then saying you wouldn't even respond to an offer of ingram and a first because of how laughable it is makes zero sense. You may say KJ is worth more, and maybe you'd be right, but that is definitely a reasonable offer and deserves at least a no thank you. Otherwise you just come across as being an bleep.

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:15 am

0LDMAN wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:39 am
Ingram was a RB1 as the #2 back in his own backfield. Once injuries pile up and he starts producing you'll absolutely be able to get more for him than as a throw in like in this deal.

Just wait. The Lions defense sucks bleep and they're going to be playing behind plenty. People are gonna get frustrated real soon after Kerryon continues to get 7 touches per week.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:18 am

I disagree that he will receive 7 touches a week. With Blount out, he will get the bulk of the goal line carries. The pass catching he flashed yesterday should earn him some time. If you can get him for a future 1st alone, I would be buying (outside top 4).
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
K:

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:23 am

jman3134 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:18 am I disagree that he will receive 7 touches a week. With Blount out, he will get the bulk of the goal line carries. The pass catching he flashed yesterday should earn him some time. If you can get him for a future 1st alone, I would be buying (outside top 4).
Even if Blount misses time Theo Riddick will probably still lead the team in snaps at RB. He's constantly in there even in the RZ. I've watched too many Lions games to know this and know that JBC rotates his backs more poorly than any other OC in the league.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:27 am

As steady as he has been, playing Riddick over Johnson when your team is playing like they did against the Jets will get you fired. If the Lions turn it around, they can get away with playing Riddick a little more.

Johnson flashing like he did is going to put pressure on the staff. It is only a matter of time. Fanbase is justifiably unhappy.
K:

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:31 am

jman3134 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:27 am As steady as he has been, playing Riddick over Johnson when your team is playing like they did against the Jets will get you fired. If the Lions turn it around, they can get away with playing Riddick a little more.

Johnson flashing like he did is going to put pressure on the staff. It is only a matter of time. Fanbase is justifiably unhappy.
Lol it didn't stop them from playing Riddick over Abdullah back when he was healthy.

If playing the wrong personnel at RB would get an OC fired then JBC would've been fired 3 years ago. He's been doing it constantly. For 3 years.

Also the Lions fanbase is unhappy? :lol: what else is new

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:37 am

drobes wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:26 amI was hoping to see a mashup of Kerryon's touches in the game last night but that video is week #1 preseason... against scrubs.
Wow. I searched for a video made in the last 24 hours and it came up. Said "Week 1 Raiders" so I assumed it was the one I wanted without looking at it.

Either way, all of his touches were gold. My favorite run was when he actually didn't gain any yards, but gave himself up when he knew he had to in order to avoid taking extra hits. I saw him do this all preseason, never saw it at Auburn, and that was my one complaint about this kid. If he can avoid injuries, then I'm all in on this kid.
cazzie33 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:27 amMEuRaH ...That's beneath you. Sarah Huckabee Sanders wouldn't stoop that low.

You showed way more misdirection than anything Kerryon Johnson showed us last night. Wait another week and price will dip even lower. Lang is hurting again so I'm not holding out any hopes of a major turnaround in the blocking. Match that with the ineptitude of the defense and I'm expecting to see lots of Theo.
Huh? My main point is to buy the kid before he's out of your price range. If you want to take the chance that you can wait another few weeks and buy him even lower, then more power to you. We're thinking the same way, so I don't understand the response.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134