I'd be worried if...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wingnutty
Starter
Starter

I'd be worried if...

Postby wingnutty » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:03 pm

My favorite part of DFL aside from the forum is the weekly in-season post-game. My favorite part of that article is "I'd be worried if"... In tribute I think it would be fun to play the game.

So..."I'd be worried if"...

1. I owned any shares of Shady. Things look bleak with no improvement in sight
2. I didn't buy shares of M. Thomas this offseason, he looks legit and may lead the league in targets
3. I had a lot of shares of David Johnson (which I do). Looks like a lot of uphill running in store for him this years.
4. Ditto Zeke.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: I'd be worried if...

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:15 pm

... my scouting eye was so bad I passed up on Tyreek Hill in every rookie draft in every league I'm in. I'd be even more worried if my stubborn bullheadedness kept me from attempting to acquire any shares after I saw him do it two years in a row citing a surefire regression and size limitation. :wall:

13 leagues... zero shares.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:21 pm

I'd be worried if I thought Diggs was the WR1 in Minnesota.
if I thought Mixon wasn't going to break out eventually.
if I don't have RB depth past Fournette.

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:31 pm

You listened to anything I had to say during the off-season
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:32 pm

wingnutty wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:03 pm So..."I'd be worried if"...
3. I had a lot of shares of David Johnson (which I do). Looks like a lot of uphill running in store for him this years.
I echo those same sentiments regarding Larry Fitzgerald. He still managed to have a solid game w/ 7 receptions for 76 yards. But this is only Steve Wilks second time--lone season in 1999 at Savannah State--being a head coach. And it's never a good thing in terms of fantasy numbers when the team changes from offensive head coach to defensive. Check out this beauty of a 3 & out by Arizona when they were down 14:

1st & 10 at ARI 25
(4:10 - 2nd) (Shotgun) S.Bradford pass incomplete short right to L.Fitzgerald.
2nd & 10 at ARI 25
(4:07 - 2nd) (Shotgun) S.Bradford pass incomplete short middle to C.Kirk (Q.Dunbar).
3rd & 10 at ARI 25
(4:03 - 2nd) (Shotgun) D.Johnson left end to ARZ 27 for 2 yards (Q.Dunbar).
4th & 8 at ARI 27
(3:27 - 2nd) A.Lee punts 56 yards to WAS 17, Center-A.Brewer, fair catch by T.Quinn. PENALTY on WAS-R.Kelley, Offensive Holding, 9 yards, enforced at WAS 17.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:33 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:32 pm
wingnutty wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:03 pm So..."I'd be worried if"...
I echo those same sentiments regarding Larry Fitzgerald. He still managed to have a solid game w/ 7 receptions for 76 yards. But this is only Steve Wilks second time--lone season in 1999 at Savannah State--being a head coach. And it's never a good thing in terms of fantasy numbers when the team changes from offensive head coach to defensive. Check out this beauty of a 3 & out by Arizona when they were down 14:

1st & 10 at ARI 25
(4:10 - 2nd) (Shotgun) S.Bradford pass incomplete short right to L.Fitzgerald.
2nd & 10 at ARI 25
(4:07 - 2nd) (Shotgun) S.Bradford pass incomplete short middle to C.Kirk (Q.Dunbar).
3rd & 10 at ARI 25
(4:03 - 2nd) (Shotgun) D.Johnson left end to ARZ 27 for 2 yards (Q.Dunbar).
4th & 8 at ARI 27
(3:27 - 2nd) A.Lee punts 56 yards to WAS 17, Center-A.Brewer, fair catch by T.Quinn. PENALTY on WAS-R.Kelley, Offensive Holding, 9 yards, enforced at WAS 17.
That's an impressive punt.

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:35 pm

I thought the rest of the season is going to be the same thing I saw week 1

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:47 pm

ZPalmtree wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:35 pm I thought the rest of the season is going to be the same thing I saw week 1
Thank you. Some actual insight.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:53 pm

I'd be worried if I was heavily invested in the bears offense. Looks like a lot of window dressing that was over hyped.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:01 pm

...If I over or under reacted after one week. Luckily, many moons ago Frasmin Jackson taught me not to. Though, a couple of thoughts above i do not necessarily disagree with. I just know how bad the entire NFL overreacted to the Saints 0-2 start just one year ago.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:05 pm

IBall2 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:53 pm I'd be worried if I was heavily invested in the bears offense. Looks like a lot of window dressing that was over hyped.
I can't tell you how many times I've fallen for overhyped window dressings. Woolworth's window dressings are almost as criminal as fancy SEARS catalogue pictures.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:08 pm

I'd be worried if ...... I had a major issue with recency bias, and I read too much into small sample sizes - and didn't realize that I am actually playing dynasty football rather than redraft fantasy football as they are actually different.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:09 pm

-I was counting on any rookie player besides barkely

-I gave up on the bucs offense

- I owned kareem hunt

-I thought OBJ was gonna take a step back because of all the weapons

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:28 pm

everything that happens week 1 is the way the whole year is going to go
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:29 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:08 pm I'd be worried if ...... I had a major issue with recency bias, and I read too much into small sample sizes - and didn't realize that I am actually playing dynasty football rather than redraft fantasy football as they are actually different.
Agreed. But that's not the point of the post...