Aaron Jones...sell??

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
saw061600
Legend
Legend

Re: Aaron Jones

Postby saw061600 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:45 am

Still like Jones although I do also worry that he may be more athlete and less RB. Just one of those nagging doubts that hasn't been dismissed by his play (yet).
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:35 pm

Packers could use a little more athlete at RB right now. Williams running into as many teammates as Bears thus far.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:36 pm

Jamaal Williams will never have Rodgers as his QB.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:28 am

worked out exactly how i thought it would.

williams has a pedistrian 3.4 ypc so far this season. isn't that what he averaged last season as well? that is who he is.

time for jones to swoop in and run like an actual big play rb.

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:28 am

As an owner of Jones and Collins I must say, I'm getting a little nervous that the Packers love and use for Williams will be just like the Raven infatuation for the ultimate JAG- Buck Allen.
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Speaking Monday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said he would "love" to get Aaron Jones more work but that "there's more to the position than just running the football."

"He's dynamic with the ball in his hands," McCarthy said. "But there's more to the position than just running the football. We have diversity in our attack with three guys. All have excellent attributes." The fantasy community continues to be more in love with Jones than his coaching staff is. Jones has run circles around Jamaal Williams the past two season, but McCarthy is obsessed with Williams' "little things" skills. Per Pro Football Focus, Jones has been called on to pass block on just four of his 68 snaps. Jones' usage limits him to FLEX status for the time being, though the Niners are an appealing Week 6 matchup.

Matches up with what we're seeing on the field and we've been saying all along. Jones is not as good at pass protection and other little things that Aaron Rodgers requires for his offense.

For all those calling for more Aaron Jones and cursing McCarthy, this is why.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:47 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:27 pm Speaking Monday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said he would "love" to get Aaron Jones more work but that "there's more to the position than just running the football."

"He's dynamic with the ball in his hands," McCarthy said. "But there's more to the position than just running the football. We have diversity in our attack with three guys. All have excellent attributes." The fantasy community continues to be more in love with Jones than his coaching staff is. Jones has run circles around Jamaal Williams the past two season, but McCarthy is obsessed with Williams' "little things" skills. Per Pro Football Focus, Jones has been called on to pass block on just four of his 68 snaps. Jones' usage limits him to FLEX status for the time being, though the Niners are an appealing Week 6 matchup.

Matches up with what we're seeing on the field and we've been saying all along. Jones is not as good at pass protection and other little things that Aaron Rodgers requires for his offense.

For all those calling for more Aaron Jones and cursing McCarthy, this is why.
He'd be great on another team. One that doesn't give Williams and TY his carries. Oh well, not much is changing for now

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:50 pm

Once again - those comments back up the thought process that he is a good runner but not a good running back.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:29 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:08 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:39 am GB has a backfield of replacement level talent. An injury to anyone will probably make them fall out of favor (as Jones and Montgomery did last season). Wouldn't be surprised if Williams did not finish the season as the starting RB.

I still think the time to sell Jones was last year. So, if you missed that window...good luck to you.
Kind of like the time to sell Ajayi being now, right......right? :wink:
Hopefully you sold.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:09 pm

I don't see why he can't learn these things. Plenty of backs do.

Maybe he just needs more time, though it is already year 2.
Last edited by DLF3000 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:58 pm

What are these "little things" that I keep hearing, the pass blocking is one which we all know and Williams is far superior at this.
I'm just unsure of what else you need your runningback to do outside of block and run, obviously untill Jones improves his blocking he will be used sparingly.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:13 pm

AussieMate wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:58 pm What are these "little things" that I keep hearing, the pass blocking is one which we all know and Williams is far superior at this.
I'm just unsure of what else you need your runningback to do outside of block and run, obviously untill Jones improves his blocking he will be used sparingly.
I don't have any sources, but this feels like a guy that doesn't practice well, skips or sleeps in team meetings, that sort of thing. Add that to Williams better pass blocking and doing those team things better, and McCarthy plays Williams despite not having the speed and explosiveness.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:18 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:13 pm
AussieMate wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:58 pm What are these "little things" that I keep hearing, the pass blocking is one which we all know and Williams is far superior at this.
I don't have any sources, but this feels like a guy that doesn't practice well, skips or sleeps in team meetings, that sort of thing. Add that to Williams better pass blocking and doing those team things better, and McCarthy plays Williams despite not having the speed and explosiveness.
Sweet thanks, I was trying to make sense of it all and the training aspect of it adds more depth to the little things comment that I hadn't thought of.
In my mind I could only think of all the runningback criterias like agility, burst, vision, block etc and couldn't think of anything Williams does better besides block.
Potential Jones may not know all the plays well enough because of laziness at training etc.

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:33 pm

Not to burst the "Jones can't pass block narative"...actually, let's burst that bleep. Hoping someone can confirm or dismiss this.
Brad Evans

Before the "But Jamaal Williams is a Hall of Fame pass blocker" zealots emerge, here is what Aaron Jones has scored in pass-blocking efficiency on 42 pass snaps this year:

This is McCarthy being bullheaded. Period. End of story.

Fun Fact of the Day:

Jamaal Williams has forced ONE missed tackle on 60 touches.

Aaron Jones has forced 11 missed tackles on 28 touches.

I'm no walking, talking genius, but Mike McCarthy is in serious need of a brain transplant. As the world of coaching morons turns ...
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:36 pm

saw061600 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:33 pm Not to burst the "Jones can't pass block narative"...actually, let's burst that bleep. Hoping someone can confirm or dismiss this.
Brad Evans

Before the "But Jamaal Williams is a Hall of Fame pass blocker" zealots emerge, here is what Aaron Jones has scored in pass-blocking efficiency on 42 pass snaps this year:

This is McCarthy being bullheaded. Period. End of story.

Fun Fact of the Day:

Jamaal Williams has forced ONE missed tackle on 60 touches.

Aaron Jones has forced 11 missed tackles on 28 touches.

I'm no walking, talking genius, but Mike McCarthy is in serious need of a brain transplant. As the world of coaching morons turns ...
Wow, this really is McCarthy not wanting to give him more snaps, for whatever whack reason then. Even Rodgers wants him out there more. Very strange indeed. Maybe McCarthy's a Pats/Eagles heavy RB rotation guy after all, talent be-damned.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -