Good news for Ajayi owners!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Re: Ajayi last night (week 1)?

Postby TheRookiePro » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:48 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:41 am
sloth8u wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:13 am we shouuld put the knee issue to rest. we all know about it! adjust your opinion accordingly.

he has little mileage on the tires imo. he's been in the league 3 years and touched the ball roughly 500 times. any players knee could go out...it is what it is.
No we shouldn't. Not when most of our opinions are predicated on the fact that his future is lessened by the health of his knees. And having a nonchalant attitude about it isn't wise either. Yes it's football and everyone's health is at risk but we're talking about the RB position where the average career is drastically shorter than other positions.

Bottom line: Miami and now Philadelphia have both treated him with kid gloves in practice. He is a runner that needs a high volume of carries to wear down a defense. However, coaches will never rely upon a player who can't even make it through a week of full practice. Sell him now while his stock is high. You will regret it if you don't.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:50 pm

Same knee he's always had problems with? I think this could be it for him.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:55 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:53 am
CharlieKelly wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:32 am Reality is that it probably wont heavily affect him until he's retired.
No it's already effected his career as far as limitations in practice. CharlieKelly, take my advice and sell him. Remember when I tried telling you last summer that you were drunk off the Willie Snead WR2 cool-aid? Listen to me this time.

I was the biggest Ajayi fan back in 2015 when I drafted him 12th overall. I sold him last year when he reached a high point in his first two weeks in Philly. I received a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd pick. I'm a happier man because of it. :D
Poor, poor CharlieKelly.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:11 pm

Lol. Beautiful thread bump

Torn ACLs I feel feel are flukey enough that it's difficult to pin on Ajayi's lack of cartilage issue. Definitely sucks for anyone holding though. I was relying on him as a dependable RB2 as my RB3. Now gotta hope Fournette stays hurt so I can keep rolling out Yeldon
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:31 pm

The time to sell Ajayi at his peak was after 2016. Injuries caught up with him. He has a fracture in his back and the ACL on top of the degenerative knees isn't a good sign long-term.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 pm

Its TheRookiePro's world. I am grateful just to be living in it.

Sir would you please tell which of my players in sig 1 will bust next?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:35 pm

Was also never a big Ajayi fan

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:35 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:39 pm
TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:10 pm
CharlieKelly wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:05 pm This is not relevant at all to my Ajayi stance and also a super weird thing to keep track of after an entire year +.

Citing old, incorrect takes as a way to try and bolster your side is a lazy attack on someone's credibility. How about you link my post to Tyreek last year when I was calling for him to be a WR1? What's that? Because it's also completely irrelevant?
No, it's not about bolstering my side it's about devaluing your credibility lol. Don't get so mad bro. It's only a joke. But in all seriousness there needs to be more of it on this site in my opinion. Thousands of dollars are on the line in these leagues and I see a lot of stupid opinions being defended on here with a tremendous fervor. Hell, if it were up to me there would be a rating system per user. I feel bad for the owners who make decisions on players when forums are dominated by stupid hot air coming out of the mouth's of users who are batting well under the Mendoza line. Last week I called out a user for properly assessing McKinnon being a liability weeks before his knee injury.

P.S. Atleast we both agreed on Tyreek last summer.
Everyone shut up now, TheRookiePro will be determining which opinions can be heard on this forum from here on out. The rest of us have a thing or two to learn from the guy who is convinced that Tevin Coleman will outproduce Leveon Bell on their next respective contracts (or whatever he means by Coleman being a better FA, since he failed to adequately explain what that means).
I think he was on to something.

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:44 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:11 pm Lol. Beautiful thread bump

Torn ACLs I feel feel are flukey enough that it's difficult to pin on Ajayi's lack of cartilage issue. Definitely sucks for anyone holding though. I was relying on him as a dependable RB2 as my RB3. Now gotta hope Fournette stays hurt so I can keep rolling out Yeldon
He tore it in his left knee this time. He tore his ACL in his right knee in college. I definitely wouldn't blame this one on his degenerative knees either, but it just further adds to someone who was already billed as a significant health risk during the draft.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:36 pm

We shall see in Free Agency (ie March 2019) how concerned / interested teams are - New Orleans went after Cameron Meredith so maybe someone will go after Ajayi - will be interesting to find out - and interesting to see (a) how far his ADP falls in November and (b) come off-season startup time.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:55 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:36 pm We shall see in Free Agency (ie March 2019) how concerned / interested teams are -
Well, he was dropped in my league. Maybe someone will pick him up. Hopefully if the chance presents itself again for Ajayi, people will actually listen to the naysayers and sell for a 3rd.

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:58 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:55 pm
ArrylT wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:36 pm We shall see in Free Agency (ie March 2019) how concerned / interested teams are -
Well, he was dropped in my league. Maybe someone will pick him up. Hopefully if the chance presents itself again for Ajayi, people will actually listen to the naysayers and sell for a 3rd.
If you don’t drop KB to pick up a probable starting RB (in 2019), then you my friend are doing dynasty wrong.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:07 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:58 pm If you don’t drop KB to pick up a probable starting RB (in 2019), then you my friend are doing dynasty wrong.
Oh, damn. Shots fired... Ok lets go...

Actually, I'll probably drop Wilkins first. You know the guy that you proclaimed to be the next Melvin Gordon :clap:

I tried dealing Kelvin the last time his stock was up. That preseason game against Carolina. Yeah, that's how bad he's been. Anyway, I'm not going to drop him after I just opened up two roster spots (Njoku and Crowell) for the sake of a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick. Maybe KB will be traded out of Buffalo, maybe not. In the end, I received KB back in 2014 for Jay Cutler.

Don't worry about how i'm doing dynasty friend.

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:12 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:27 pm Today at work, I've been watching Jordan Wilkins film. The man is a very skilled back, and honestly reminds me a TON of Melvin Gordon. You can tell he isn't quite as explosive and has less long speed, but he has very similar moves and is able to create something out of nothing, and create 12 yards out of 5 yards, just like MG3. His film against Bama is quite impressive.

He should be the #9 RB in every rookie draft, after the big 7 and Freeman.

He will be the starter in Indy by season's end.
Focus on your work at work buddy.

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:32 pm

So, the RB who got drafted mid day-3, who I said was “Melvin Gordon-lite” in terms of his run style, ends up starting half the games for the Colts so far. My prediction that he will be THE starter in Indy by season’s end is looking pretty possible if not likely.

He was a 5th round pick. Gordon was mid-First. It was obvious I wasn’t comparing them as dynasty assets or even as pure talents, only comping their gutty and upright run styles.

If you drafted Wilkins in May, you probably grabbed him in the 3rd or 4th round. And you probably had opportunities to sell him for a 2nd round pick. That’s a win.

Thank you for the feedback on my work tho, sir. I appreciate the time and energy you’ve invested in this back & forth.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)