Please explain the Jonnu Smith hype

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Jonnu Smith

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:29 pm

Servo wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:42 pm Mariota has also been a huge steaming pile, injury or not, Mariota is averaging ~130 yards passing a game.

That entire offense is dysfunctional....but what do you know, they blew up against Philly...and not even Eli could do that.
This for me too. I still like Jonnu, and it's hard to put all of this on him. Mariota looks absolutely lost. I just acquired him over the summer in a 2QB and I am seriously regretting that decision. I think it's possible Mariota does not end up sticking as a LT Franchise QB. Hopefully he can turn things around.

I'm still high on Jonnu, he's young and I'm waiting to see what he can do once the offense picks up a bit.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:00 am

Jonnu and the Titans offense is starting to come alive. Consecutive weeks with a TD and he even had 45 yards receiving this week. Still a ways to go before he's considered a reliable starter but if you held him this long like I did...good for you. Kid still has a future in this league I think.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:18 am

I love his ability after the catch. Hes like a huge RB. Wish he had more volume.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:34 am

Davis has a 30% Target Share right now, with a huge gap between him and everyone else.

He's probably on pace to exceed Delanie Walker's 100+ targets this season and Mariota has to be barely averaging 20 completions a game...so they're just not throwing often and when they do it's probably going to Davis.

There's definitely room for optimism with his RZ usage these last few weeks but I don't think it's farfetched to say he's more dynamic with the ball in his hands than Taylor and Sharpe...so he should get the ball more.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:28 am

So we think this guy has finally taken a positive turn?
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:20 pm

He isnt a big part of the offense, he just scored TDs the last 2 games. One on a shovel pass at the goalline. 5 targets the past 2 games combined. I guess its better than where he was, but the scores are what have people excited.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:37 am

Led the team in targets this past week, if Gabbert is starting, could be something to monitor.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:45 am

Servo wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:37 am Led the team in targets this past week, if Gabbert is starting, could be something to monitor.
I hope he can keep that target count up. Burton and his lack of volume is killing me.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:54 am

Love that Chicago is winning but man, some of these games, it's tough to watch them stall out on offense.

If they were able to keep 50% of their foot on the pedal, they'd be like the Rams last year but Trubez still feels really hot then really cold at times.

Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Titans95 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:57 am

Servo wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:54 am Love that Chicago is winning but man, some of these games, it's tough to watch them stall out on offense.

If they were able to keep 50% of their foot on the pedal, they'd be like the Rams last year but Trubez still feels really hot then really cold at times.
? What's that go to do with Jonnu? Lol not that I disagree. I think they are still a year or so off from really being a player. Trubisky needs really level up in the consistency and gun slinging department. He's clearly a player and has a lot of talent but the Bears offense more often than not looks like it gets it done based off great play calling and gadget plays vs a team like the Rams/Saints/Chiefs that just get it done consistently with solid overall offense.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:11 am

It's nice to see him coming alive a little bit but Jonnu is just a deep bench stash/hold. It sounds like Delanie wants to try and make a comeback next year and it doesn't save the Titans much to cut him.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:17 pm

btv802 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:11 am It's nice to see him coming alive a little bit but Jonnu is just a deep bench stash/hold. It sounds like Delanie wants to try and make a comeback next year and it doesn't save the Titans much to cut him.
I'm expecting a big leap from Jonnu next season. I think he'd be having it this year if Mariota was a competent quarterback.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:25 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:17 pm
btv802 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:11 am It's nice to see him coming alive a little bit but Jonnu is just a deep bench stash/hold. It sounds like Delanie wants to try and make a comeback next year and it doesn't save the Titans much to cut him.
I'm expecting a big leap from Jonnu next season. I think he'd be having it this year if Mariota was a competent quarterback.
Mariota is certainly no world beater but Delanie never had a problem getting his in the same offense with the same QB.

Jonnu's struggles this year go way beyond Mariota.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:27 pm

Vcize wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:25 pm
0LDMAN wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:17 pm
Mariota is certainly no world beater but Delanie never had a problem getting his in the same offense with the same QB.

Jonnu's struggles this year go way beyond Mariota.
What struggles?
I've been watching. Jonnu is open and Mariota isn't throwing the ball to him. He can't throw the ball to himself.
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/jonnu-smith/
Check his separation #'s. He is 4th in the NFL among tight ends. Beyond that just watch tape of the offense, Mariota is missing reads left/right/center and they are only throwing 28 times per game! 31st overall in the NFL, in front of only Seattle.

I'm sorry but find me where Jonnu is struggling because I don't see it.

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:58 am

Is anyone buying into Jonnu with his recent sucess?

He has TDs 3 of the last 4 weeks and double digit fantasy points (ppr) in all 4 weeks.

Over have time hes averaging more fantasy points than Olsen, Njoku, Hooper, Burton and just about anyone else who isnt a the very top tier.

Is this just a good stretch and he will fade away soon or do we think hes going to continue?
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex