Arian Foster Knee Surgery...

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Arian Foster Knee Surgery...

Postby Biggcmo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Arian Foster underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee Wednesday to repair damage sustained in the Pro Bowl.
The Houston Chronicle's John McClain assures that the surgery was minor, saying Foster "would be ready to play in three weeks" if this was the regular season. Still, it's not going to dumb down the idea that the Pro Bowl is dangerously worthless. Foster should be at full speed by the usual start of OTAs.
Source: John McClain on Twitter
Feb 23, 2:32 PM

Im not overly concerned with the surgery since its said to be minor..Its the fact that they say he got hurt in the Pro Bowl that bothers me....Is that worthless exhibition of a game even necessary any more???
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Re: Arian Foster Knee Surgery...

Postby kris_kapsner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 pm

It's not worthless to the players who make it to the game. I know Aaron Rodgers wasn't happy about not making the pro bowl this year. They get paid a little extra money. But, the bigger issue is that the number of pro bowl appearances factors into hall of fame balloting. I guess if they got rid of it, that would just be adjusted too. But, there are many players who care about it. And, every sport has their version of it. If the NFL actually did get rid of it, it would highly surprise me.

As for Foster, this is no big deal.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:40 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:It's not worthless to the players who make it to the game. I know Aaron Rodgers wasn't happy about not making the pro bowl this year. They get paid a little extra money. But, the bigger issue is that the number of pro bowl appearances factors into hall of fame balloting. I guess if they got rid of it, that would just be adjusted too. But, there are many players who care about it. And, every sport has their version of it. If the NFL actually did get rid of it, it would highly surprise me.

football pro bowl is by far the worst pro bowl. but, apprently its making money so it wont go away. if it was loosing money it would have been gone long ago
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:57 pm

MrUbuto wrote:
kris_kapsner wrote:It's not worthless to the players who make it to the game. I know Aaron Rodgers wasn't happy about not making the pro bowl this year. They get paid a little extra money. But, the bigger issue is that the number of pro bowl appearances factors into hall of fame balloting. I guess if they got rid of it, that would just be adjusted too. But, there are many players who care about it. And, every sport has their version of it. If the NFL actually did get rid of it, it would highly surprise me.

football pro bowl is by far the worst pro bowl. but, apprently its making money so it wont go away. if it was loosing money it would have been gone long ago
Foster didn't hurt his knee in the pro bowl. He hurt it in the first preseason game and played all year with it. He had a decent season if I recall. This info came direct from Foster on his twitter page.

eaglesfan
Starter
Starter

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:21 am

The guy wasn't completely healthy all season and he tore it up. Can't wait until next season and see what he does. Sorry Ben Tate.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Darth Vader

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:13 am

Im not overly concerned with the surgery since its said to be minor..Its the fact that they say he got hurt in the Pro Bowl that bothers me....Is that worthless exhibition of a game even necessary any more???[/quote]

I've been saying that for 20 years...They should substitute the game foe a skills competition or a Pro-Am event! What's the point of what is really a 'pre-season' type game after a long, grueling season? At least 25% of the actual ProBowlers elect to not play anyway!

There has to be a better way...
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play