NFL Cuts Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Re: NFL Cuts Discussion

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:04 am

Roberto Aguayo gets the boot--pun intended--once again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF455bGsGU8
I will always hate Rich Eisen for acting as a comedian instead of a sports journalist when Aguayo was selected. It was one of the worse picks ever made WHEN it was made. Deserved blatant criticism at the time.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:09 am

The Bears aren't making the playoffs even with Mack. Unless of course ya think 3 playoff teams are coming out of the North. All this move did was allow the Bears to crawl out of the basement. Sorry Detroit... Time to go back to your box. This was a great move for both sides. Two mid firsts.... I think Gruden will be able to do something with those chips. Bears play the Pack week one. A.rod has a new prob to worry about.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:28 am

I have been very outspoken already about how much I hate Gruden, this adds fuel to the fire but I do not want to get into it too much because its the weekend and it is supposed to be happy time.

I hope the Bears do not do well but their team looks pretty darn good on paper. Their defense, namely. I really would not be surprised if they finish 2nd in the division.

For anyone who has Mack, I imagine this trade also means he gets converted to LB.

Akrum Wadley is an interesting cut, at least to me.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:36 am

Deontay Burnett also waived. I would bet Wadley resurfaces this year from the p-squad, as Lewis is very injury prone and they do some of the same things.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:55 am

^^ david fluellen (always been a fan although he is a long shot to ever matter) will be the rb3 in tenn ?
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:12 am

Yeah, the coach reiterated that throughout camp. He is locked in.
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
K:

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:13 am

Carroo cut.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:27 am

Phaded wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:28 am Akrum Wadley is an interesting cut, at least to me.
He needs to add weight to play in the NFL.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:29 am

Brandon Oliver cut by the Colts. His brief stint lasted less then 3 weeks. The Colts backfield remains a mystery with Marlon Mack likely being out for week 1.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:29 am

Devante Mays cut. Interesting that with Ty a little hobbled and an Aaron Jones suspension they still cut bait on Mays. My sense is that there could be a player added from someone else's cuts to this backfield. Could be of interest behind Williams.
K:

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:47 am

jman3134 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:29 am Devante Mays cut. Interesting that with Ty a little hobbled and an Aaron Jones suspension they still cut bait on Mays. My sense is that there could be a player added from someone else's cuts to this backfield. Could be of interest behind Williams.
Mays did nothing during his stint at GB. The injury to Ty's foot was supposedly miniscule. He's ok, until he's hurt again most likely. I don't think they'll add another back unless they cut some more running backs on the depth chart.

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:47 am

Denver cuts Carlos Henderson and De'Angelo Henderson.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:55 am

I wonder if Shaheen is involved in this Khalil Mack trade. Medical evaluations of certain players are likely holding up the transaction along with Khalil's contract negotiations. And he fits the bill of a current injured player that was drafted highly from the previous regime.
Last edited by TheRookiePro on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:58 am

TheRookiePro wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:47 am
jman3134 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:29 am Devante Mays cut. Interesting that with Ty a little hobbled and an Aaron Jones suspension they still cut bait on Mays. My sense is that there could be a player added from someone else's cuts to this backfield. Could be of interest behind Williams.
Mays did nothing during his stint at GB. The injury to Ty's foot was supposedly miniscule. He's ok, until he's hurt again most likely. I don't think they'll add another back unless they cut some more running backs on the depth chart.
Not surprised that he was cut, as the coaching staff hung him out to dry several times last year. I just find the timing to be strange with Jones out.
K:

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:03 am

Washington is likely out of Oakland and might be an interesting fit in Green Bay.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker