Nope
67%

Total votes: 12

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Josh McCown any reason to hold anymore?

Postby DJB » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Is he still a hold in 2 Qb or Super flex leagues?
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Re: Josh McCown any reason to hold anymore?

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:06 pm

Deeper leagues, sure. Even assuming Darnold is ready to start, he's one of the few backup QBs that can come in and perform like a legit starter. Think of just the AFC alone...is there any #2 on any of those teams you'd want to roster, save Lamar and Baker? Assuming average size benches he's a better than average QB stash.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:27 am

I don't play any 2 QB leagues so keep that in mind. I don't think he has a ton of value unless you have Darnold. The jets probably aren't doing much this year anyway, so I don't see the jets QB as terribly valuable, and how much longer will McCown play? Imo you're holding the guy with the hope that he sees some starts due to injury or poor play ahead of him. Then you have to expect he will outperform your other options/bye weeks line up. It seems unlikely, and very situational. Even if that all works out does anyone think he would hold on to the starting job through next season? The roster spot is probably better used on a different player.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:43 pm

Both responses are well laid out and informative. I guess he really only has value if Darnold really struggles or gets hurt and even still its a short term productivity for your team. I guess its not much different than holding any other NFL backup on your team.

Thanks for the responses guys
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:09 pm

He's the type of guy you can get back easily at a later date as I doubt someone else will roster him while Darnold is the clear starter.

Take a stab at someone else with that roster spot.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.