Patrick Mahomes: The Best QB in the NFL & for Dynasty

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Patrick Mahomes II

Postby Phaded » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:56 am

This Chiefs/Jags game is the one I am most looking forward to this week.
Mahomes is fun to watch - and it will be interesting to see how he does against the best(?) defense in the league.

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:33 am

I think mahomes is really good but like every others QB he is due to have some bad games and I expect he has a bad game against Jacksonville. That will not change the fact he is good but this start of the season must not make believe mahomes is not a human. Last year the chiefs started really hot too before to cool down at the end of the year. Could happen this year too. Bright futur for Mahomes that said
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:18 am

So what do people think ROS?

In my league, which I believe is reasonably standard QB scoring, Mahomes is 1, Ryan is 8 points behind at 2, and then there's a pretty huge chasm to the next tier of guys bunched in the ~125 point region (Ben, Cousins, Luck, Rivers, Goff all within 4 points of each other). Brees had his bye so obviously he's up there.

He's played 4 of 6 on the road so far. 3 of the next 4 are at home: CIN, DEN, AZ and CLE.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:38 am

ROS probably finishes top 5, most likely top 3 and he's worth starting every week unless you have another elite option with a favorable matchup. More importantly, we're witnessing the beginning of the Mahomes era. He's awesome.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/280 ... fls-future
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:50 pm

I picked him in the 8th round of a startup this year and thought I reached. Turns out to be one of my best picks (along with MThomas at the end of the 1st and THill at the end of the 3rd). Along with trading a 2nd for Mayfirld post-draft... it appears I’ve got the QB position locked down for years to come... loving it!
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Mahomes Startup Value

Postby dipANDglide » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:11 pm

12 team, start one QB, ppr, 4 point passing TD's. Where do you guys slot him in new start ups?

QB's have been a low priority for the past few years. Mahomes is doing things we haven't seen before. He's a legit difference maker for teams who own him. I'd love to hear some thoughts on where you all would take him if you were drafting tomorrow.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: Mahomes Startup Value

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:17 am

I'd probably take him as QB1 at this point, him and Wentz for me
given I wouldn't look at a QB until the mid 60s at the earliest

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:09 am

Definitely qb1

No higher tho than Aaron Rodgers at his startup peak, still plenty serviceable qbs out there to not justify taking a qb 3rd round or something crazy
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:47 am

If I was doing a start-up I wouldn't touch him, even in 2QB. His current price doesn't reflect his long-term value. Plenty of QBs can be had at much cheaper prices that will put up similar production, his amazing start of the year aside. People are overreacting, just like they did to Watson last season, and with Russell Wilson a few years back. Before this week Mahomes only had 7 more points than Matt Ryan, just to point out some semblance of reality here. Mahomes is incredible but he will level off, and even if he levels off at QB1-5 overall the price you are paying to acquire him in a start-up is going to really hurt you moving forward.
This stretch is most likely the very best of his entire career, and I know I'm going to stir the owner's panties by saying that, but I believe it. He's going around ~5 in SF right now. I'd put his actual value closer to ~18, as I don't like to pay 1st round prices for QBs. At #5 you'll have one of (Barkley/Gurley/Zeke/Hopkins/Hunt/OBJ) and that's just something I couldn't pass up.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:58 am

He's likely the QB1 given his youth and current production. But, that doesn't mean a whole lot in a 1QB, 4PT TD league.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:08 am

I agree that he should be the QB1 at this point, but I also wouldn't taking Rodgers/Wilson/Wentz or one of the other top QBs a round or two later (if not more) in a startup.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:43 am

Goddard wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:08 am I agree that he should be the QB1 at this point, but I also wouldn't taking Rodgers/Wilson/Wentz or one of the other top QBs a round or two later (if not more) in a startup.
You could definitely make the argument he is the QB1 but I agree with the above
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:22 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:47 am If I was doing a start-up I wouldn't touch him, even in 2QB. His current price doesn't reflect his long-term value. Plenty of QBs can be had at much cheaper prices that will put up similar production, his amazing start of the year aside. People are overreacting, just like they did to Watson last season, and with Russell Wilson a few years back. Before this week Mahomes only had 7 more points than Matt Ryan, just to point out some semblance of reality here. Mahomes is incredible but he will level off, and even if he levels off at QB1-5 overall the price you are paying to acquire him in a start-up is going to really hurt you moving forward.
This stretch is most likely the very best of his entire career, and I know I'm going to stir the owner's panties by saying that, but I believe it. He's going around ~5 in SF right now. I'd put his actual value closer to ~18, as I don't like to pay 1st round prices for QBs. At #5 you'll have one of (Barkley/Gurley/Zeke/Hopkins/Hunt/OBJ) and that's just something I couldn't pass up.
I'll bite on the bolded. Mahomes has done so much more than what Watson did. Watson had TD passes, but Mahomes has superior decision making, arm talent, and yardage to backup his TDs. Additionally, was buying into Wilson really an overreaction? Wilson has been pretty elite.

I'll disagree on your assessment of Mahomes staying power. He will have worse statistical seasons, sure, but there's a reason everyone is talking about him as the new face of the NFL. No one did that with Watson, because we're witnessing the greatest rookie QB play in the history of the NFL with Mahomes.

That said, yes, people will overpay in standard 1QB 4pt TD leagues. I'm not advocating for reaching at the position in fantasy drafts, but I don't think you have much ground to trivialize what Mahomes is doing.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:48 pm

^ is it really the greatest rookie performance? Scoring and passing are up significantly due to the new rules. Week 1 had something like four 500 yards passers when all of last year had like 3 500+ Yard passing games or something. Mahommes looks great, but we’ve seen these elite QBs years before and they are rarely followed at the same level.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:52 pm

Mahommes seems like a can't miss guy though. How often do you spend a 3rd round pick on someone who busts?

Like would you rather have Devonte Freeman or Mahommes today and long term?

I can see the idea of getting a sure thing.

Now 4 points passing tds equalizes things out big time though