DMC vs JStew

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_ericd
Administrator

DMC vs JStew

Postby dlf_ericd » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:47 pm

Darren McFadden vs Jonathan Stewart

This isn't a trade question. I just wanted to see what everyone thought of their value relative to each other...

So, who is more talented, better situation, longer career, whose style do you like better, better blocker, better route runner, more targets, injury concerns, etc...what are your thoughts on these two and why do you feel like that?

*Disclaimer - I know I can just look at the rankings in this forum to see who someone has ranked higher. I'm looking for the 'why' behind what you think.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: DMC vs JStew

Postby Biggcmo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:55 pm

Even though Mcfadden had a solid year last year im still not a believer..I like the potential J Stew has, even sharing carries with D-Will he was able to produce 1000 yard seasons so im anxious to see what he can do being THE MAN in the carolina backfield(assuming D-Will leaves of course)..I like his blend of size/speed/running ability better than mcfadden.
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:56 am

I liked DMC better when he came out and still do, though I had them more like 1a and 1b. Both have struggled to remain completely healthy. Both will like still lose plenty of carries to the #2 in their respective offenses. The kicker is that DMC is the superior receiver.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:07 am

Had JStew #1 coming out and still have him over DMac. Stewart is just too much of the perfect combination of speed, size, and strength. DMac has stick legs, but I was happy to see his legs finally moving on contact last year.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:47 am

Both nice players to own, neither is a player I'd be counting on. I'd probably rather own DMC because I think the odds of him giving me absolutely nothing are lower. Both of these players are valued well beyond my willingness to pay.

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:03 am

skip wrote:I liked DMC better when he came out and still do, though I had them more like 1a and 1b. Both have struggled to remain completely healthy. Both will like still lose plenty of carries to the #2 in their respective offenses. The kicker is that DMC is the superior receiver.
I've wondered why the Panthers haven't used Stewart's receiving skills more since he's been in the league. He was a good receiver at Oregon, but there must be something they've seen that leads them to believe he isn't one of their best options there.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:12 am

Both have top-5 ability to produce. McFadden has an edge as a pass-catcher at this stage, while JStew has better goal-line ability. The difference here is stability at QB and offensive line. Carolina's line is quite good. Their QB isn't. Neither team can pass the ball. That doesn't help. Regardless this is a tough one. I think based on McFadden's proof in 2010, you have to give him the edge as the more well-rounded player. If Carolina gets anything going at QB/Passing-game, JStew will be a beast. Remember, he posted top-10 RB numbers as a backup a couple seasons ago. And, although many point to Goodson as the pass-catcher, those who didn't follow JStew in college may not be aware that Stewart caught a few balls in college, 49 - which isn't bad for a college back, and has the ability/hands to stay on the field across downs. LaMichael James has 34 in his two seasons at Oregon.

Both JStew and DMC are first-round Dynasty startup picks.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

dabearsfan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dabearsfan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:05 am

I own both and like both a lot so this is a tough one. I have DMC rated higher but that is mainly because we don't know what JStew's situation is going to look like. I think it's more than likely that DeAngelo leaves but until that happens it's hard to give JStew the edge. DMC certainly has the edge in the passing game and is a more explosive player. He has also had his share of injuries. JStew is the better runner, has better vision and power. Both have top 5 talent IMO.

pntgvn2399
Captain
Captain

Postby pntgvn2399 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:29 pm

I am still not sold on McFadden so I go with Stewart here.. He will get the ball at the goal line every time and with a new offense I think they will get him involved in the passing game.. He does not have bad hands it is just the type of offense they ran with him in there they never gave him the chance.. I think that changes and that is more than enough to push him over the edge IMO.
12 Team PPR IDP
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 3-4-4 D
QB- P. Manning, Wilson, Carr
RB- McCoy, Foster, Ball, Vereen, Tate, Ivory, C. Michael, L Murray
WR- Megatron, Dez, Watkins, Gordon, Cooks, Quick, Nicks, Bowe, Shorts, M Wilson
TE- Cameron, Donnel, Green
DT- Jernigan
DE- Campbell, Vernon, Nincovich, Casey, Griffen
LB- David, Shazier, Smith, Tulloch, McClain, Riley, Collins, Alonzo (IR)
CB- Cason, Sherman, McCourty
S- Pollard, Landry, Chancellor, Mathieu, McDonald

12 Team PPR IDP
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 3-4-4 D
QB- Kaepernick, Bortles
RB- Lynch, Bernard Vereen, J. Bell, Ivory, Michael, Robinson, L Murray
WR- Julio, Mi. Floyd, Crabtree, Woods, Lee, Nicks
TE- Graham, Green, Wright
DT- Joseph, Donald
DE- Quinn, C Jones, C Johnson, M Johnson, Clemons, Lawrence
LB-Worrilow, Dansby, Levy, Marshall , McClain, Bartu, Mauga, Alonzo (IR), Johnson (IR)
CB- Jospeh, Verner
S- Bethea, Jones, Blanton

11stever11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby 11stever11 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:16 pm

I give the edge to DMC. He has the better situation as of now while Jstews is a bit cloudy. DMC also has the better hands then Jstew. The both have top 5 potentail however....
"Everybody with a helmet on is in the mix."
Mike Tomlin

knuckles50
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby knuckles50 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Stewart has the talent to be the nest big thing. I think we've already seen DMC's best.
Team 1
12 team, 1/2 ppr 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wr, 1 flex, 1 te
QBs-Brees,Luck,Bridgewater
RBs- LeVeon,Ingram,R. Freeman,Thompson,Riddick,Conner,Walton,J. Jackson,Dixon
WRs- Evans,A Rob,Parker,Hurns,Sutton,Pettis,Moncrief,Treadwell,Sanu,Tavon,Dorsett,Carroo
TEs- Gronk,Kittle,Butt

Team 2
12 team 1 qb, 2rbs,v 3wrs, 1te
Qbs- Brees,Cam,Cousins,Jackson
Rbs- Gurley,Zeke,Kamara,McCaffery,Hunt,Shady
Wrs-A. Brown,Evans,C. Davis,Watkins,Goodwin,Woods,Washington,Treadwell,Jordy
Te- Gronk,Kittle,ASJ

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:17 pm

I prefer Stewart. I'm not convinced McFadden can hold up, and see Stewart's situation as only temporary.