Seahakws WRs - Rank Em!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Seahakws WRs - Rank Em!

Postby jomaed » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:48 am

Stealing another posters idea. Other than Baldwin this is another difficult WR group to predict. Does anyone claim the true #2 role? Lockett has flashed in prior years but can be consistent and score enough TDs? Can Brandon Marshall come back from the FF grave? Will a sleeper like David Moore emerge? It seems as if Seattle may need to score a lot of points this year so there may be a hidden gem somewhere in the group.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Seahakws WRs - Rank Em!

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:16 am

I think Marshall will play the TE/big possessions WR in the red zone. I could see him being a sneaky TD dependent WR2.

Sorta like what they envisioned Jimmy Graham as.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:20 am

Lockett is the guy I want to own. He’s got a really nice upside.

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:38 am

Valhalla wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:20 am Lockett is the guy I want to own. He’s got a really nice upside.
If you get points for return yards, he's a WR1.
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
QB – J. Hurts, A Richardson (R-IR))
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III,J. Hill, J. Ford, K. Miller (R), J.K. Dobbins (IR), K. Hebert (IR)
WR – J. Chase, C. Lamb, K. Allen, T. Burks, DJ Chark, P. Nakua (R)
TE – D. Waller, C. Okonkwo, L. Thomas, J. Ferguson

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
QB - A. Rodgers, L. Jackson
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)
WR - T. Hill, D. Adams, C. Watson, M. Brown, R. Rice (R)
TE - D. Waller, G. Kittle, J. Ferguson

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:44 pm

Picked up Lockett real late. I think it’s safe to say this is the year he either does it or fades away.

I could see Marshall putting up some nice games actually

I don’t have a lot of interest taking fliers on the other guys just yet
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:48 pm

Other than Baldwin, Lockett & Marshall I honestly am not sure who the other Seahawk WRs are - is Darboh still there?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:47 pm

If Lockett is healthy, I think he bounces back in a big way. His route running and separation skills are tremendous.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:31 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:48 pm Other than Baldwin, Lockett & Marshall I honestly am not sure who the other Seahawk WRs are - is Darboh still there?
Yeah, he had a chest injury or something so missed the last game.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:49 pm

Like some others have said, besides Baldwin, I’m only interested in Lockett. I actually think that Baldwin could have a career year, because it would seem that the Seahawks could be behind more than usual so I think Baldwin will be targeted heavily. I like Lockett and have him stashed on some teams but I’m not total sold but it seems like this is his best chance and he’s further away from that bad injury so hopefully we will see his best, this season.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:13 pm

Lockett is the clear #2. That they've mothballed him this preseason only reinforces that presumption. With Baldwin already having the knee thing, the Hawks immediately resorted to safeguarding Lockett's health. From this I infer that the Hawks aren't yet confident in the rest of the WR depth-chart's ability to take on a major role.

Baldwin
Lockett
Brown
Marshall
Moore
Johnson
Darboh
Reynolds

Jaron Brown - Decent chunk of change invested in him, he can stretch the field vertically with his speed and he offers some height and length that Baldwin and Lockett don't.

Brandon Marshall - I think he'll start the season as the WR4, or might rotate snaps with Brown as the WR3. At this point, he doesn't have Brown's juice, but he does offer a big, physical catch-radius that complements the two midgets atop the chart. I fear he will fall down the chart as the season wears on, though.

David Moore - If you wanna watch-list or stash someone from this chart with a '19/'20 view in mind, for now this is your guy. That he's been playing deep into the 4th quarter of preseason shows he's not yet a threat for the 1st-team.

Marcus Johnson - The second most interesting watch-list type guy after Moore on this chart. Didn't do anything in college, but Johnson's a SPARQ stud, and Seattle likes those. Wilson recently praised Johnson when speaking with the media.

Amara Darboh - At risk of being cut, despite only being drafted last year. He's been a ghost this offseason/preseason. Since selecting Darboh in '17, the Hawks signed Brown and Marshall and traded for Johnson. From this I infer that Seattle isn't optimistic about Darboh and hasn't been since the offseason began.

Keenan Reynolds - On the roster bubble. He's a slot / special-teams returner type.

I won't bother to talk about the rest. I probably didn't even need to mention Reynolds.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:22 am

I love Lockett but now believe Marshall will hold him back this year. Vannett could get some looks. I'm not interested in any of their young guys
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:30 am

Jaron Brown - Decent chunk of change invested in him, he can stretch the field vertically with his speed and he offers some height and length that Baldwin and Lockett don't.

Brandon Marshall - I think he'll start the season as the WR4, or might rotate snaps with Brown as the WR3. At this point, he doesn't have Brown's juice, but he does offer a big, physical catch-radius that complements the two midgets atop the chart. I fear he will fall down the chart as the season wears on, though.

David Moore - If you wanna watch-list or stash someone from this chart with a '19/'20 view in mind, for now this is your guy. That he's been playing deep into the 4th quarter of preseason shows he's not yet a threat for the 1st-team.

Marcus Johnson - The second most interesting watch-list type guy after Moore on this chart. Didn't do anything in college, but Johnson's a SPARQ stud, and Seattle likes those. Wilson recently praised Johnson when speaking with the media.

Amara Darboh - At risk of being cut, despite only being drafted last year. He's been a ghost this offseason/preseason. Since selecting Darboh in '17, the Hawks signed Brown and Marshall and traded for Johnson. From this I infer that Seattle isn't optimistic about Darboh and hasn't been since the offseason began.

Keenan Reynolds - On the roster bubble. He's a slot / special-teams returner type.

I won't bother to talk about the rest. I probably didn't even need to mention Reynolds.
[/quote]

I agree with this 100% except I would put David Moore even higher. He may pass Jaron Brown during the season. If Jaron has some juice, Moore has ALOT of juice. I have him stashed on all my big league rosters.
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

Dynasty Fantasy is not a game, it’s a full time hobby.