Help

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Whatupcraig
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Help

Postby Whatupcraig » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:05 pm

I decided to create a dynasty league on Myfantasyleague.com. I played on it once before as an owner but this s my first time being the commish. I feel like I already screw up my league. Below is what I was going for but I feel like I am nowhere near what everyone wants and everyone else is first time franchise owners so they don't know what to look for.

1. $1,000 Salary Cap
2. Contracts
3. Franchise tags, renegotiating period for franchises.

I have the salary cap down. That hasn't been too big of an issue aside from removing the default salaries. The issue I am having is we want contracts. Right now when players are hitting our rosters there is no contracts. We don't want keeper settings or anything of that sort. We want just contracts. Do we sign them later? Is there a default contract option? Also when it comes to franchise tags, is this something we just implement as a general rule or is there a setting that I can set.

I would appreciate anyone's help fixing my league. All my franchise owners are very excited as this is their first dynasty league but I feel like I am letting them down but screwing up the settings and they have no idea.

https://www81.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/59516#0

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Help

Postby Dr.Graffin » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:22 pm

Use the MFL "Help" option in the top right. Submit a support ticket. Their tech support is responsive and professional from my experience.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:17 pm

Do yourself and your first-time dynasty league mates a favor and DELETE the league. You have clearly have no business running such a league and your owners have no business being in such a league. And if you decide to continue the league, rename the league as "The Morons" because only a group of utter morons would do a league such as this without detailed Bylaws and allow the commissioner, who clearly has no business being a commissioner at this level, changing major rules on a whim, in late August.

Honestly, I'm not trying to be mean with this. It just can't be any other way. It's like a guy showing up at the Everest base camp with a snorkel and flippers and asking for the directions to the summit. I commend you for the interest in doing this, but it will end up in tears (frozen carcasses to be more exact).

If you really want to carry on, read through a bunch of contract/salary cap league bylaws and league links (including my USFL Superflex below) and understand the complexities and nuances of these kinds of leagues. Then create a league and bylaws early next year and test every feature and get input from experienced commissioners and owners here, who will be more than happy to give input/constructive criticism to you in January-May, which is the amount of lead-time you'd want for something like this.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:49 am

viewforum.php?f=149

you can get some help there im sure.

im on board with cod's thoughts here. if its all newbies....that is a pretty high level league to start off with as a dynasty league. certainly not impossible if you have dedicated owners, but it sounds like you need to sure up alot of things before even attempting to get it started.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:29 pm

Don't think he means it's a 1000 league. Think he means their max salary cap is 1000.

These type of leagues should be set up in the March timeline
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:17 pm Do yourself and your first-time dynasty league mates a favor and DELETE the league. You have clearly have no business running such a league and your owners have no business being in such a league. And if you decide to continue the league, rename the league as "The Morons" because only a group of utter morons would do a league such as this without detailed Bylaws and allow the commissioner, who clearly has no business being a commissioner at this level, changing major rules on a whim, in late August.

Honestly, I'm not trying to be mean with this. It just can't be any other way. It's like a guy showing up at the Everest base camp with a snorkel and flippers and asking for the directions to the summit. I commend you for the interest in doing this, but it will end up in tears (frozen carcasses to be more exact).

If you really want to carry on, read through a bunch of contract/salary cap league bylaws and league links (including my USFL Superflex below) and understand the complexities and nuances of these kinds of leagues. Then create a league and bylaws early next year and test every feature and get input from experienced commissioners and owners here, who will be more than happy to give input/constructive criticism to you in January-May, which is the amount of lead-time you'd want for something like this.
I literally laughed out loud at this.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick