Matthew vs Moreno

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_ericd
Administrator

Matthew vs Moreno

Postby dlf_ericd » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Ryan Matthews vs Knowshon Moreno

This isn't a trade question. I just wanted to see what everyone thought of their value relative to each other...

So, who is more talented, better situation, longer career, whose style do you like better, injury concerns, etc...what are your thoughts on these two and why do you feel like that?

*Disclaimer - I know I can just look at the rankings in this forum to see who someone has ranked higher. I'm looking for the 'why' behind what you think.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Matthew vs Moreno

Postby MARKinMI » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Now this is a good one!

I'd go with Moreno. He showed this season when he got totally healthy that he could be a force. He was gaing decent yardage behind a horrible run scheme and also showed nice hands coming out of the backfield. Both players have the same injury questions although I like that Knowshon's are hammy related. The right offseason conditioning should help with that. Its much better than having a history of bad knees or other serious injuries requiring surgery. Mathews has also had a long history of injuries dating back to every year he played in college. So when I evalute the two players I'm gonna give that a push. I think Both RBs have a nice skillset but I just have a feeling that Knowshon is about ready to breakout next season with John Fox and a much better approach to the ground game.

shivs
Captain
Captain

Postby shivs » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:27 pm

I've never been high on Matthews. He got put into a good situation but isn't the greatest back. Have to go with Moreno here.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

12 Tm, nonPPR, kr's, IDP. QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, DL, LB, DB, DL/LB/DB
QB: P. Manning, Glennon, Palmer, Freeman
RB: Peterson, Rice, R. Bush, J. Bell, Pierce, Cunningham
WR: A. Johnson, J. Nelson, Fitzgerald, M. Austin, M. Jones, Givens, Hartline, Wayne (IR)
TE: Graham, Gates, Bostick, Hill
K: Novak
DL: Quinn, Wake
LB: Laurinaitis, Posluszny, Washington
DB: Barron

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:54 pm

It' Moreno. Mathews' value really dipped when SD became a RBBC after he got hurt. The hype last year was the Mathews was a legit 3 down back. He's now in a complete timeshare and there is no reason to expect that to change.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:28 pm

Moreno. Mathews was way over rated and over drafted because of who drafted him.

Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Biggcmo » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:24 pm

Im goin wit the homie Moreno..If he can stay healthy and not be bothered by those nagging injuries he can really be good.Nice combo or running/receiving with him..After 1 year we REALLY know much about mathews. The little ive seen him play last year i wasnt really impressed so Knoshon for me
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo

dabearsfan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dabearsfan » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:16 pm

I'm going to give Mathews the edge. Everytime I watch Moreno I come away unimpressed. He seems to lack toughness as an inside runner. The couple of times I watched Mathews play I was impressed with how hard he runs and how he always seemed to keep his legs moving. He runs hard and plays with passion which I like. They both have injury concerns. Moreno has the edge in the passing game but on talent and situation I like Mathews.

11stever11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:16 pm

I am going to go Moreno, Mattews was overrated due to his situation which did not turn out to be great.
"Everybody with a helmet on is in the mix."
Mike Tomlin

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:02 am

Moreno. I am still not gung-ho with him because I don't like the Denver rushing offense, however on talent its a pretty big gap. Mathews was one of the most overdrafted RBs I have seen in a long time by an NFL team.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.