dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: PreSeason Week 2 Thread

Postby dm1129 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:50 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:32 am
dm1129 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:17 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:58 am

I thought he played "OK" but up until that bomb which was a defensive error, to say the least, his numbers were very pedestrian, to the tune of less than 70 yards in the half.
To dismiss the Mahomes to Hill deep threat as simply a mistake by the defense is ridiculous. Hill has been able to get behind defenses at will for two seasons and Alex Smith was simply not able to take advantage of it. Mahomes and Hill are going to be connecting on bombs for for the better part of the next decade and it will transform the Chiefs offense giving everyone more room to operate.
Really? Less than 20 seconds left in a half and somebody gets behind the defense when the ball was on their own 31? It's a defensive error in coverage, plain and simple. Not disputing Hill and Mahomes can have a good connection, but in this case, it's a defensive error, AND, to that point Mahomes had put up pedestrian numbers. You've already done your rant in another thread about the inevitablilty of how Mahomes makes everybody a better fantasy player. We'll see how that works out this year, but to suggest the notion of my statement on this play is "ridiculous"and was not a defensive error? He exposed the error, and good for him, but it also appeared to be 2nd teamer out there, at least in part. My statement is not ridiculous at all.
It is ridiculous because the fact remains that Mahomes can make that play over and over(just as he has in camp) while Alex Smith will never be able . Having a QB to take advantage of Hill's ability to take the top off of a defense is going to be transformative. It is funny that I 'rant' while you are convinced you are 'informative'. You are hilarious.

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:00 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:58 am
UATahoe wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:48 am Thought Mahomes played well. People just have to realize he is going to throw some interceptions. Not gonna get around that. His first year will have some up and downs but his stat line for a half was really good. Interesting enough, Sammy was involved in both interception plays (the drop and the actual pick). Didn't make a play on either.

The more games he gets under his belt the more comfortable he will get. Just gonna have to live with the interceptions though.
I thought he played "OK" but up until that bomb which was a defensive error, to say the least, his numbers were very pedestrian, to the tune of less than 70 yards in the half.
Usually I would agree but this is actually what Hill specializes in and the same with Mahomes with his arm strength.

I’m excited overall just to watch this offense. I have no idea whose fantasy value won’t live up to expectations but one of Hunt/Kelce/Hill/Watkins at least that’s what everyone expects.

Does anyone have numbers on fantasy relevance of so many players?

In the end, it’s hard not to be excited and think this offense might be one of the best we have seen in years. I’ve played against Tyreek, I can’t imagine a team trying to defend Hunt/Kelce as well and we almost forgot the most taleneted WR in Watkins, it’s going to be a great year for football.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:31 am

This new lowering the helmet rule is going to make NFL football hard to watch this year. Gotta hope the refs don't throw the flag as much in the regular season but this has to be one of the dumbest rules yet. A defender basically has no prayer.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:34 am

Confirmed: Bortles still sucks. A lot.

2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:35 am

Bortles is killing it so far. And by killing it I mean killing the Jags chances of getting to the playoffs again.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:38 am

Lol fact. Also killing the defenders' chests with passes. Just awful.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:39 am

I can't believe this is Fournette AFTER he's lost weight. Dude is still a giant man.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:44 am

Man I am ready for Yeldon to be on a new team. Dude has a chance to be a legitimate starter on a new team.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:03 am

UATahoe wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:44 am Man I am ready for Yeldon to be on a new team. Dude has a chance to be a legitimate starter on a new team.
Always liked Yeldon, even at Bama they never gave the man an opportunity.

I’m so stoked for football to be back!
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:08 am

Self proclaimed Bama fan here. We rarely use a guy heavily. It's always a committee approach given the talent back there. No doubt he could have been a really good bellcow in college. Dude has always been a natural receiving back.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:08 am

The fact that Tyreek and Mahomes made that play, from that distance, at that point in the half, against a triple coverage, is more impressive to me than anything. To say that defenses need to be on edge at every point on any play is not an understatement. While that is true of any defense, the extended field and speed threat becomes even bigger and can change a game at any point. It could be a lot of fun to watch.

I agree that Mahomes can be both very good, entertaining, and still throw INTs...part of the package. Not everyone is Brady/Arod.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:15 am

Valhalla wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:14 am
Bot101 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:04 am But but but.... Watkins is better than Hill remember? Where are all those guys? Every podcast I listen to has Watkins > Hill. To the point where it’s annoying. Hill keeps improving his craft while Watkins keep thinking the earth is flat.
If the earth were round, not many of us could keep our balance on it, and we’d all have to run in the same direction or we’d topple over. Haven’t you ever watched log rolling?
I guess what you are saying is log-ical. :think:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:26 am

dm1129 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:50 am
dm1129 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:17 am

To dismiss the Mahomes to Hill deep threat as simply a mistake by the defense is ridiculous. Hill has been able to get behind defenses at will for two seasons and Alex Smith was simply not able to take advantage of it. Mahomes and Hill are going to be connecting on bombs for for the better part of the next decade and it will transform the Chiefs offense giving everyone more room to operate.
Really? Less than 20 seconds left in a half and somebody gets behind the defense when the ball was on their own 31? It's a defensive error in coverage, plain and simple. Not disputing Hill and Mahomes can have a good connection, but in this case, it's a defensive error, AND, to that point Mahomes had put up pedestrian numbers. You've already done your rant in another thread about the inevitablilty of how Mahomes makes everybody a better fantasy player. We'll see how that works out this year, but to suggest the notion of my statement on this play is "ridiculous"and was not a defensive error? He exposed the error, and good for him, but it also appeared to be 2nd teamer out there, at least in part. My statement is not ridiculous at all.
It is ridiculous because the fact remains that Mahomes can make that play over and over(just as he has in camp) while Alex Smith will never be able . Having a QB to take advantage of Hill's ability to take the top off of a defense is going to be transformative. It is funny that I 'rant' while you are convinced you are 'informative'. You are hilarious.
It's ridiculous that you aren't willing to admit the defense made an error and somebody did not fulfill there coverage duties. I have given credit for Mahomes exploiting it, but you are unwilling to admit the obvious, in that Atlanta's second team secondary blew their coverage resposibilities on the play.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub95ulvjZaA

Weird that looks like a deep ball throw from Alex Smith to Tyreek Hill very similar to the one we saw Mahomes throw.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:35 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:26 am
dm1129 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:50 am

It's ridiculous that you aren't willing to admit the defense made an error and somebody did not fulfill there coverage duties. I have given credit for Mahomes exploiting it, but you are unwilling to admit the obvious, in that Atlanta's second team secondary blew their coverage resposibilities on the play.
Whether or not an error was made is absolutely pointless. Hill has been getting behind defenses routinely for two years yet Smith could not capitalize. You are implying this only happens because of errors, that this was a fluke.....two years of evidence says otherwise.
Last edited by dm1129 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.