GB WRs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CrimeLord
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: GB WRs

Postby CrimeLord » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:43 pm

Just get the cheapest guy. If you have one, might be a nice arbitrage play to sell whoever's valued highest and buy whoever's cheapest.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:44 pm

I feel like whatever role the 3rd WR typically plays in volume, Jimmy Graham is going to get that volume. He's essentially their 3rd (or 2nd) WR. Totem pole: Adams, Graham, Cobb, Insert RB here, who cares "3rd WR" here.

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:54 pm

I have St Brown and Moore right now. Will be watching closely tonight, if MVS has another good night, I will probably do both for him.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:06 pm

As a Packer fan, neither. The guy you can get really cheaply right now who is ahead of all the rookies is Geronimo Allison.

He is reliable which Rodgers is big on, has a big catch radius and holds onto the ball. I think he's in for a breakout season, and will probably work his way into the WR2 role (Cobb simply an outside WR, we saw that the yr Jordy went down)
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:09 pm

Have Moore in a couple leagues. Just took a chance on MSV.

Moore still undrafted in the 21st round of my startup this week. I'll double up if given the chance or maybe go Jonathan Williams

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:26 pm

kumetis93 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:06 pm As a Packer fan, neither. The guy you can get really cheaply right now who is ahead of all the rookies is Geronimo Allison.

He is reliable which Rodgers is big on, has a big catch radius and holds onto the ball. I think he's in for a breakout season, and will probably work his way into the WR2 role (Cobb simply an outside WR, we saw that the yr Jordy went down)
Allison is already gone in my league.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Kelce (Hockenson)

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joshb » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:49 pm

kumetis93 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:06 pm (Cobb simply an outside WR, we saw that the yr Jordy went down)
No? Cobb is better in the slot, and the reason he struggled in 2015 was because he was then being guarded against the opposing team's CB1. Cobb is a significantly better receiver than Allison, who could very well be beaten out for the #3 job by any one of the rookies by the end of the season. He's a better version of Boykin, which is why the Packers threw 3 more darts at the WR board during the draft.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:28 am

Far as I’m hearing Allison is currently winning that WR3 job but I’ll echo others thoughts on that, it’s not going to be a fantasy relevant position, barring injury.

If you are stuck between the rookies you gotta either feel strongly about your own assessment based on tape/metrics/camp reports, or just like em up based on draft capital spent. Sorry if that’s not helpful but i feel like that’s an easy answer (not trying to be a dick)
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:21 am

joshb wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:49 pm
kumetis93 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:06 pm (Cobb simply an outside WR, we saw that the yr Jordy went down)
No? Cobb is better in the slot, and the reason he struggled in 2015 was because he was then being guarded against the opposing team's CB1. Cobb is a significantly better receiver than Allison, who could very well be beaten out for the #3 job by any one of the rookies by the end of the season. He's a better version of Boykin, which is why the Packers threw 3 more darts at the WR board during the draft.
I think it's a fair assumption to make that Green Bay "threw three more darts" because both Cobb & Allison are free agents after this year.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:48 am

MSV if you want to hit a home run but I like J'Mon Moore.

He's the most complete guy coming in.
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:09 am

joshb wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:49 pm
That was a typo, I meant to say Cobb isn't an outside WR (I agree, he is a top notch slot WR). Allison has the length and speed to play on the outside. GB does this regularly - they draft players at a particular position of need in bunches, and then let them compete. They did this last year with RB's. Allison has the leg up because he knows the offense, and Rodgers is familiar with him. I don't think at this stage Cobb is THAT much better than Allison, Allison is just in a make or break year especially since they drafted all these WR's this offseason.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdomer2403 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:40 am

Adams, Cobb, Allison

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:14 am

Jake Kumerow again!

Kelce (Hockenson)

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:41 am

Living up here in Wisconsin I have been watching this closely. Even seen a few practices. I still think Moore has the best shot of the 3 rookies to make it to the starting line up. the more versatile and rounded WR of the 3. To me MVS looks like a young version of C-Patt. Now I know the dynasty community went bonkers over C-Patt a few years ago, but the evaluation was similar to MSV just not drafted as high. Big, Fast WR with limited route tree and limited experience, also plagued by drops. Very similar athletic and football profile. So the question is how can he be used and will it translate to a WR1? So to me has the highest ceiling but lowest floor. St. Brown has the athletic profile but there is just something off about him. He looks like a potential stud on 1 play then will disappear for a bit only to show up a few time making a bad play. his routes and football IQ will always be in question along with his desire. His desire was questioned at ND and by scout when he was coming out. Just my 2 cents from a Wisconsinite. But its still way up in the air. Anybody can come out of no where because you never know if the light will come on.
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

Dynasty Fantasy is not a game, it’s a full time hobby.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:10 pm

dvpkwys wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:14 am Jake Kumerow again!
It is almost too late for the 'draft capital' guys. Better grab him while you still can.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D