Nick Chubb Thread: Chubb = Stud

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: N. Chubb against the world

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:02 pm

jetsfan5757 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:04 am Biggest question for me is whether he has regained his initial burst to get through holes or get to the edge. Thankfully our draft is after week 3 of pre-season, so I have the luxury of waiting to see him in live action. If he can do it in the preseason I would feel comfortable making him my #2 overall rookie. A very good 2 down back is good enough for me.
I have him and Penny side by side as mine, but I go Penny because of his pass catching ability, but I think Chubb is the best early down back in this class, I have him over Guice, despite the age gap, and assumed poor situation. I have Guice at 1.04, but not a ton of difference for me between 1.02 and 1.04. I think Chubb will beat out Hyde sooner rather than later.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

On Chubb's performance, Oline was an abomination

Postby UATahoe » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:57 am

Just re-watched all of his touches. There were 2 runs i think where Chubb could have cut to the right spot and got 2-3 yards rather than nothing but honestly that whole performance is on the Oline. At least 3 times, the dang left tackle was dropping in to pass protection while everybody else was driving forward to block for a run. Pretty much every play had the Dline pushing the line of scrimmage back a couple yards. Will be interesting to see if week 2 gets better. Would like to see Chubb run with the ones but not sure they will be much better. LOL
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: On Chubb's performance, Oline was an abomination

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:59 am

UATahoe wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:57 am Just re-watched all of his touches. There were 2 runs i think where Chubb could have cut to the right spot and got 2-3 yards rather than nothing but honestly that whole performance is on the Oline. At least 3 times, the dang left tackle was dropping in to pass protection while everybody else was driving forward to block for a run. Pretty much every play had the Dline pushing the line of scrimmage back a couple yards. Will be interesting to see if week 2 gets better. Would like to see Chubb run with the ones but not sure they will be much better. LOL
Isn't Cleveland supposed to have a good line? My hope is that once he runs with the starters he'll look good.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:03 am

That left tackle is brutal. He was struggling at right tackle.. So I know.. move him to LEFT!
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:18 am

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:03 am That left tackle is brutal. He was struggling at right tackle.. So I know.. move him to LEFT!
Fact! LOL. He made the first mistake playing right tackle then i saw the same mistake from the left tackle.....same guy. LOL.

Definitely agree on wanting to see Nick with the 1's. One thing is certain, the 1's have to be better than what Chubb had to deal with running behind the 2's and 3's. LOL

2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:24 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:59 am
UATahoe wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:57 am Just re-watched all of his touches. There were 2 runs i think where Chubb could have cut to the right spot and got 2-3 yards rather than nothing but honestly that whole performance is on the Oline. At least 3 times, the dang left tackle was dropping in to pass protection while everybody else was driving forward to block for a run. Pretty much every play had the Dline pushing the line of scrimmage back a couple yards. Will be interesting to see if week 2 gets better. Would like to see Chubb run with the ones but not sure they will be much better. LOL
Isn't Cleveland supposed to have a good line? My hope is that once he runs with the starters he'll look good.
It is meant to be good but there are alot of questions about left tackle now Thomas has retired, pretty sure they moved their left guard out to LT and I have no idea what their replacement LG is like. I too would love to see Chubb run with the 1's.
Also if he was running with the 2nd string oline I keep forgetting the vriwns if they get an injury.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:07 pm

Most teams have a poor 2nd or 3rd string o-line. The point of those playing with them is for them to shine and move up the depth chart; they should be able to flash.

Yes, you can say the offensive line was bad and it was - but it can also be used to backup a common narrarive that Chubb will take what is given and that is it.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:14 pm

I dunno, if he had just taken what was given he would have had significantly fewer yards. It was a struggle just to get to the original line it was so bad. The dline reset the line of scrimmage multiple yards in th e backfield on almost every play. Once he shows that mentality when he actually does have running lanes then I will agree but that definitely wasn't what happened last week.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:57 pm

UATahoe wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:18 am
MrUbuto wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:03 am That left tackle is brutal. He was struggling at right tackle.. So I know.. move him to LEFT!
Fact! LOL. He made the first mistake playing right tackle then i saw the same mistake from the left tackle.....same guy. LOL.

Definitely agree on wanting to see Nick with the 1's. One thing is certain, the 1's have to be better than what Chubb had to deal with running behind the 2's and 3's. LOL
it wasn't greg robinson was it? it sounds exactly like how he played for the rams.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:11 pm

Yep, it was Greg. Such a huge bust man. I watched him a lot in college and he just wasn’t very good. If he is anybody’s starter, they are in bad shape. He is just awful. I did find it funny that pro football focus had him as the highest rated offensive lineman for the Browns in that game. Really? Lol

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:16 pm

UATahoe wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:11 pm Yep, it was Greg. Such a huge bust man. I watched him a lot in college and he just wasn’t very good. If he is anybody’s starter, they are in bad shape. He is just awful. I did find it funny that pro football focus had him as the highest rated offensive lineman for the Browns in that game. Really? Lol
i heard he was in as left tackle with the ones after that game. that can't be good news or any browns rb or qb.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:57 pm

The line was bad for sure. When I watch Mayfield he was under pressure the entire time it seemed like. But Chubb did look.... slowish? Which goes towards his 10 yard splits. Which are really bad despite the good 40 time. He takes a long time to get going now. I think people will be disappointed with Chubb long term.

hudini33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby hudini33 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:06 am

I thought he looked ok for his first NFL game, and having a point of contact behind the line of scrimmage every down.

What I really liked was his pass protection. He looked very confident picking up blocks when Baker was under pressure. That's s good sign.
No One 12-team, 21 man roster PPR (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, FLEX, D/ST, K) 0-0 EST. 2017

2018, 2021 Champion

QB: Hurts, Z Wilson, Minshew, Heinecke
RB: Zeke, Ekeler, Patterson, J Robinson, Pollard, Jamal Williams
WR: Diggs, Sutton, Metcalf, McLaurin, Mooney, V. Jefferson, M. Jones
TE: Andrews, Knox, Freiermuth
D/ST: Packers, Cardinals

2022 Picks: 1.12, 2.12, 3.03, 3.12
2023 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 3

2018 and 2021 Champion.
2020 Runner-up

Rookie Class Heroes 10-team, 30 man roster PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX) 0-0 EST. 2020

QB: Baker, Fields, Ryan, Darnold
RB: Dobbins, Jacobs, Harris, Herbert, , Bernard, J. Wilson, Kelley
WR: DJ Moore, Sutton, Waddle, Mooney, N. Collins, V. Jefferson, B. Edwards, D. Brown, Reynolds, Duvernay, Agholor, Mims, G Wilson, Pickens, Burks
TE: Engram, Kmet, Freiermuth, Tremble

2022 Picks: 1.08, 2.04, 2.09, 3.02, 4.04
2023 Picks: 1, 1, 3, 4

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:50 am

Bot101 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:57 pm The line was bad for sure. When I watch Mayfield he was under pressure the entire time it seemed like. But Chubb did look.... slowish? Which goes towards his 10 yard splits. Which are really bad despite the good 40 time. He takes a long time to get going now. I think people will be disappointed with Chubb long term.
He needs to lose 10-15lbs IMO. This wont change his top end speed but it will help get that acceleration up.

I watched his freshman and senior videos back to back last night and I think the difference isnt even the knee. Freshman he played at around 210-215 and looked like a powerful reggie bush. Senior year hes up around 225-230 but still isn't that good at pushing the pile for that extra 3 yards and seems a step slower.

So the weight gain has slowed him down and not even really added much power IMO.

I really hope he trims down during the season and gets some of that acceleration back
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:08 pm

Looked the part tonight. Even on a few runs of 3 yards and zero yards, made great decisions and maximized the outcome.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick