You're on the clock. Who's #2?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
fruity pebbles
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: You're on the clock. Who's #2?

Postby fruity pebbles » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:22 am

PPR. I wouldn't trade DJ Moore for anyone other than Barkley so I'd take him #2 if I couldn't move back.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:28 am

Penny, if it were me. He'll be back for the regular season. My 1.02 before Guice's injury, so nothing changes for me. I'd also take Chubb over Guice. Guice was never in a tier of his own for me, so taking him at 1.02 with a torn ACL doesn't fit into the equation at all in my books.

I would say IF Penny and Chubb were in the same tier as Guice in your rankings (or whoever you had there, take them). If you felt they were all about equal with Guice, take one of them, because they are going to play, and if the difference was negligible in your eyes to begin with, Guice should be lowered comparatively. If you had Guice as far and away better than those guys, stick with Guice, assuming he comes back 100 percent. It should come down to your evaluations, not someone else telling you who to pick. The injury should only drop Guice down if you had other backs in the same tier as him, IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:41 am

Just faced this situation post Guice injury. It's a team I am absolutely contending this year. Initially I tried to trade back to the 1.04 with a plan to take Guice and whatever I could get on top. Coudln't pull it off so I took Penny for depth at RB and 2018 points. Had I been a longshot for 2018 or already had some depth, I'd have taken Guice.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:00 pm

For me, in PPR, it's clear Penny and Michel should be ranked 2 & 3 over Guice. I'd take Chubb too at 4, but it starts getting debateable. I'd say Ronnie Jones, Guice and Kerryon Johnson are closely ranked now.
DJ Moore is good too if you don't want to worry about the high upside/bust potential RB, but I think at 1.02 is too high for him.

I do not understand notion that Guice is the clear cut RB at 1.02 in PPR.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:15 pm

This season doesn't even seem real anymore. Is this some sort of joke? Bad dream? (I drafted Guice AND Penny...)

This rookie RB class is starting to suck before it even does anything!

Anyway, I'd trade down from the 1.02. Taking Guice or Penny there now is a lot bigger risk than it was less than a week ago. Might as well pick up an extra guy in this allegedly "great" RB class.

If by great, we mean "already tragic in August." :sick:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:23 pm

remedy29 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:00 pm For me, in PPR, it's clear Penny and Michel should be ranked 2 & 3 over Guice. I'd take Chubb too at 4, but it starts getting debateable. I'd say Ronnie Jones, Guice and Kerryon Johnson are closely ranked now.
DJ Moore is good too if you don't want to worry about the high upside/bust potential RB, but I think at 1.02 is too high for him.

I do not understand notion that Guice is the clear cut RB at 1.02 in PPR.
This is pretty much where I’m at. Things are so cloudy after Barkley that I still think it’s a toss up between pretty much all of Penny, Michel, Guice, Chubb, etc. You can pick something about each prospect that you don’t like but I don’t believe Guice is the 1.02 by himself like most do. The people that love him so he’s a good receiving back but that LSU just didn’t use him that way much, but that concerns me. Even though it’s fun to watch, he takes on a lot of contact too. I know I could wrong and I’m planning on keeping the one share that I have but it’s been Penny for me at 1.02.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:27 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:15 pm This season doesn't even seem real anymore. Is this some sort of joke? Bad dream? (I drafted Guice AND Penny...)

As did I in a league.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:55 pm

DJB wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:22 am We are playing dynasty not 're draft correct?

Nothing changes. Too much overreaction around here.

Guice.
It is dynasty, but this year is ALWAYS by FAR the most important year...and even the highly drafted RBs have a shorter shelf-life than we like to admit.
My answer before the ACL was Chubb (I know I'm in the minority there) and it still is. I think he's better than Guice, and in a long-term better situation.
Now, the injury DOES change something for those who held the two close in valuation. A lot of people put Guice over Chubb because Chubb has Hyde to deal with this year and Guice offered a more assured immediate production potential. That is entirely reversed now, as Chubb (by default) offers a more assured immediate production potential, with Hyde possibly gone by next year anyways. So...when Guice is once again in a situation to be the man (fair assumption the team will give him this option), Chubb may ALSO be in the same situation (to be the main man).

It's an absurd notion to say that a lost year of RB production should change no rankings, especially when the reason many put Guice over Chubb was BECAUSE of Chubb's immediate situation. Also, yes it's dynasty, but if you're not emphasizing immediate production at RB and instead aim for the best 6-8 year stretch at RB...best of luck.

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:57 pm

Hopefully hes not the next Kenneth Dixon!
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:05 pm

It's Guice or Kerryon for me. If you can be patient, Guice is preferred. If you can trade back a spot or two and get him there instead, even better.

Personally, I acquired both 1.2 and 1.5 this year, and I used 1.2 to reach on Kerryon and then snatched Guice at 1.5. 1.3 and 1.4 were Royce and Penny.

These last two weeks have played havoc on people's boards regarding the high profile RBs this year, I think. Every high profile RB not named Saquon, Kerryon, or Royce has been dogged by negative developments. Sony Michel's health and ball security are already an issue. Penny's getting lapped by Carson and now has a broken finger. Chubb's value tanked when Duke was extended for so much money. RoJo apparently has stone hands and is also getting outplayed by his backup. Honestly, people should probably be moving up their favorite WRs on the board. Not too aggressively, but some of these RBs aren't looking as appetizing to me now as Miller/Sutton/Moore.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:12 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:55 pm
DJB wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:22 am We are playing dynasty not 're draft correct?

Guice.
It is dynasty, but this year is ALWAYS by FAR the most important year...and even the highly drafted RBs have a shorter shelf-life than we like to admit.
My answer before the ACL was Chubb (I know I'm in the minority there) and it still is. I think he's better than Guice, and in a long-term better situation.
Now, the injury DOES change something for those who held the two close in valuation. A lot of people put Guice over Chubb because Chubb has Hyde to deal with this year and Guice offered a more assured immediate production potential. That is entirely reversed now, as Chubb (by default) offers a more assured immediate production potential, with Hyde possibly gone by next year anyways. So...when Guice is once again in a situation to be the man (fair assumption the team will give him this option), Chubb may ALSO be in the same situation (to be the main man).

It's an absurd notion to say that a lost year of RB production should change no rankings, especially when the reason many put Guice over Chubb was BECAUSE of Chubb's immediate situation. Also, yes it's dynasty, but if you're not emphasizing immediate production at RB and instead aim for the best 6-8 year stretch at RB...best of luck.
^^^ Exactly to all of this. Admittedly I do not know much about this RB class but you are throwing away a whole season of production if you pick him. That should drop him wayyyyy down in drafts. This coming season is the most important season. There are also so many risks involved now in waiting for next season. I understand no on at all believes in Perine or Kelly but what IF one of them has a huge season, is Guice going to be automatically given the job? No. Honestly id have Sutton above guice now also. At least there he will give you more production, has looked good in camp, and is set up very well for the future

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:18 pm

Weknownothing86 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:12 pm
Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Guice.

^^^ Exactly to all of this. Admittedly I do not know much about this RB class but you are throwing away a whole season of production if you pick him. That should drop him wayyyyy down in drafts. This coming season is the most important season. There are also so many risks involved now in waiting for next season. I understand no on at all believes in Perine or Kelly but what IF one of them has a huge season, is Guice going to be automatically given the job? No. Honestly id have Sutton above guice now also. At least there he will give you more production, has looked good in camp, and is set up very well for the future
I believe in Perine...ARE YOU CALLING ME A NOBODY?!?! :x
Just kidding. And I agree with you about Sutton. I'd take him over Guice now, too.

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:25 pm

Royce Freeman. Booker has had 3 years to win the starting job and hasn't. De'Angelo Henderson won't ever be given the chance. You have a guy who is going to step in right away with no competition for his job really
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:44 pm

raiders444 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:25 pm Royce Freeman. Booker has had 3 years to win the starting job and hasn't. De'Angelo Henderson won't ever be given the chance. You have a guy who is going to step in right away with no competition for his job really
But the head coach is talking about using a committee approach at RB. I agree, Freeman has a good chance to produce value this year. But I would bet it's part of a committee. Plus is Freeman all that talented? In future years there will always be other RBs, how will Freeman hold them off?

I'd take RBs with higher talent, with the possibility they turn into a high end RB for multiple years.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:03 pm

1.02 is too early for Freeman and you don't want to overreact in preseason but he ripped through the defense he faced the other night. It was a great run. I'll for sure target him in re-draft.