Legend

Re: You're on the clock. Who's #2?

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:43 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:13 am
DLF3000 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:52 pm
GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:27 pm

As did I in a league.
Almost makes you hate FF forever, right? :wall:

What to do but suck for another year... or two... or whatever...
The very reason I have many leagues! :biggrin:
I was thinking exactly the same thing! I absolutely love playing in multiple leagues.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:02 am

Yeah, I don't know what the hell I'd do with myself if I only had one and my team fell off a cliff becasue of injury.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:22 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:02 am Yeah, I don't know what the hell I'd do with myself if I only had one and my team fell off a cliff becasue of injury.
Yeah, this is only my dynasty league, so it's pretty soul-crushing, FF-wise.

You guys make good points - I might just join/create a 2nd league just to balance out the experience, highs and the lows.

I've avoided two dynasty leagues for years because I thought my head might explode over the commitment, but worth a shot - especially after my astoundingly horrific off-season, specifically at RB... and it's still only mid-August! :o
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:28 am

DLF3000 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:22 am
GridironGuerilla wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:02 am Yeah, I don't know what the hell I'd do with myself if I only had one and my team fell off a cliff becasue of injury.
Yeah, this is only my dynasty league, so it's pretty soul-crushing, FF-wise.

You guys make good points - I might just join/create a 2nd league just to balance out the experience, highs and the lows.

I've avoided two dynasty leagues for years because I thought my head might explode over the commitment, but worth a shot - especially after my astoundingly horrific off-season, especially at RB... and it's still only mid-August! :o
I know for myself, it can be addicting but after I got use to it, I don’t find it that much more time consuming, a little bit not too bad. I just do my waiver claims all on a certain day and put in my initial lineups on a certain day, then go back through them before the games start each week, little things like that, which makes it easier to have multiple teams.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:45 am

Honestly, balancing a bunch of leagues is not as bad as it sounds. I thought it may be too, between work, women, and being a single dad of two small children, but it has never been a problem. Now if you are talking complex salary cap leagues and such, maybe, but just like above, I do waivers usually on a certain day and lineups take thirty seconds to set. I have never understood the drawn out process of setting a lineup for some, even with tough decisions it's a flip of a coin we have zero control over or can predict accurately. Add the second to balance out tough offseasons and to diversify some. Then a third, fourth, .....
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:24 am

Plus it gives purpose to your drinking habits :dance:

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:43 am

Yep, multiple leagues also makes you a lot more unbiased because you own a lot more players. When you just have a single group of guys it’s easy to over value those guys and devalue guys you missed out on.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:47 am

skip wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:48 am
bjd5211 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:19 am There's so many threads on this same topic.... lol
Kris, I would have expected a more seasoned fantasy owner to have taken at least some time to look for this answer.
Easy now. It's not like there's 4 threads on this topic on the first page alone...
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:19 pm
DJB wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:52 pm
Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:18 pm
I see a better inside runner with better overall balance, and considerably more power to push the pile (won't often get pulled near goal line once the job is his). I see less off-field concerns. He was better in college before his own injury and IMO very close in talent post-injury to Guice, and I think some of Chubb's former explosiveness may still yet return. Now...will Guice come back less explosive than HE was? Possibly. Yet the same people that discredit Chubb for losing some explosiveness the year after his surgery are not acknowledging that Guice may not be the same guy next year. Can't have it both ways. Anyways...back to pre-injury...Guice's off-field issues were a small red flag (I prefer players without trouble around them) and I liked Perine to take goal line work away a lot more than most people did (I likely posted here about that very criticism on Guice but it was likely ignored as the "Perine is trash" chant would have taken over). Guice is a better receiver (from my limited judgment) but what does that matter when he has Thompson and Chubb has Duke taking most of the passing work away? I cared to judge more on running ability. Plus I prefer to play non-PPR, so I care less about that I suppose.

I still would have taken Guice over Michel...and possibly still would today. I had them ranked Barkley, Chubb, Guice, Freeman, Penny, Michel, then trade the picks for Kerryon or Ron Jones as I want neither. I had Sutton and Moore ahead of both of those backs, directly behind Michel. I'm not sure how much has changed, other than me becoming curious about if I was wrong about Kerryon and wishing I had traded for Freeman right after the draft instead of waiting. His price is definitely rising.
Guice tore his ACL, Chubb i believe never tore his ACL but rather his MCL, PCL and LCL as well as some meniscus and cartilage.

Significantly different when we are talking the two lateral ligaments used to stabilize the knee when cutting (MCL, LCL).

So no not the same. I loved Chubb pre injury. Clear #2 back, but he hasn't looked even close to the same guy post injury.
The ACL also stabilizes the knee while cutting...
It prevents the femur from moving forwards too far i beleive. I was more referring to side to side cuts which would incorporate the MCL and LCL more.

Regardless Chubb tore 3 of the 4 knee ligaments meniscus and cartilage. Guice only tore his ACL. Far less serious than the Chubb injury
Last edited by DJB on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:09 pm

thebeast wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:43 am Yep, multiple leagues also makes you a lot more unbiased because you own a lot more players. When you just have a single group of guys it’s easy to over value those guys and devalue guys you missed out on.
Wow, yeah, that is definitely another great reason for a second dynasty league. Love the idea of gaining better perspective on even more players.

When I play a free redraft league, it gives similar benefits as far disaster-team avoidance and increased perspective. Making that low-commitment redraft league a 2nd dynasty team instead could work.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:41 pm

DJB wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:08 pm
DJB wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Guice tore his ACL, Chubb i believe never tore his ACL but rather his MCL, PCL and LCL as well as some meniscus and cartilage.

Significantly different when we are talking the two lateral ligaments used to stabilize the knee when cutting (MCL, LCL).

So no not the same. I loved Chubb pre injury. Clear #2 back, but he hasn't looked even close to the same guy post injury.
It prevents the femur from moving forwards too far i beleive. I was more referring to side to side cuts which would incorporate the MCL and LCL more.

Regardless Chubb tore 3 of the 4 knee ligaments meniscus and cartilage. Guice only tore his ACL. Far less serious than the Chubb injury
Knee dynamics are more complicated than that, and I can tell you right now without explaining any of it that the acl is a lot more important than the mcl and lcl

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Didn't Keenan Allen tear is ACL twice in back to back season... Isn't he now a first-round startup pick? People are overreacting instead of being patient, I know it's hard.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:15 pm

thebeast wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:47 pm Didn't Keenan Allen tear is ACL twice in back to back season... Isn't he now a first-round startup pick? People are overreacting instead of being patient, I know it's hard.
He had 3 consecutive seasons ended by a broken collarbone, a lacerated kidney, and a torn ACL.

Pew Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Pew Dogs » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:18 pm

If the rookie draft was today ... either Royce Freeman or Courtland Sutton (regarding Sutton, my dynasty leagues start 1RB, 3WRs, and 1RB/WR flex, so WRs are valued a touch more).

I'm not really patient. I usually try to trade 1st rounders. This year picked up TY Hilton for the 1.10.

Plus I think there's usually good value in the second round ... last year got Chris Godwin and Taywan Taylor each multiple times. This year Gesicki and James Washington. My point is that I think you can win with a 'win now approach to early picks and still snag value later.

But then again, I drink a lot.
12 team, dynasty, ppr, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3RB/WR/TEFlex
QB P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB J.Taylor, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, T.Pollard
WR D.Chark, B.Cooks, A.Cooper, A.St.Brown, J.Tolbert, T.Marshall, D.Slayton
TE T.Kelce, H.Henry

(League champ somehow)
QB J.Burrow
RB T.Etienne, I,Pacheco, J.Cook, T.Algeier, J.Wilson
WR C.Lamb, M.Evans, M.Pittman, D.Chark, R.Moore, D.Peoples-Jones
TE T.Hockenson

12 Team Dynasty ppr, 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,3Flex,TE Premium

QB J.Burrow, G.Smith
RB D.Cook, J.Mixon, A.Mattison, R.Mostert, S.Perine
WR M.Evans, A.Cooper, C.Kirk, N.Collins
TE E.Engram, G.Everett, C.Okonkwo, C.Otton

QB K.Murray, J.Burrow
RB D.Cook, D.Montgomery, A.Mattison, K.Herbert, T.Algeier
WR A.St.Brown, K.Allen, A.Theilen, B.Cooks, T.Boyd, R.Moore, D.Hopkins
TE T.Kelce, D.Waller, R.Gronkowski, R.Tonyan, C.Otton

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Valhalla wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:41 pm
DJB wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Knee dynamics are more complicated than that, and I can tell you right now without explaining any of it that the acl is a lot more important than the mcl and lcl
We can debate the importance of the ACL vs the others, but to me 3 > 1 and hence Chubb > Guice in terms of injury.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff