You're on the clock. Who's #2?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: You're on the clock. Who's #2?

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:55 pm
DJB wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:22 am We are playing dynasty not 're draft correct?

Nothing changes. Too much overreaction around here.

Guice.
It is dynasty, but this year is ALWAYS by FAR the most important year...and even the highly drafted RBs have a shorter shelf-life than we like to admit.
My answer before the ACL was Chubb (I know I'm in the minority there) and it still is. I think he's better than Guice, and in a long-term better situation.
Now, the injury DOES change something for those who held the two close in valuation. A lot of people put Guice over Chubb because Chubb has Hyde to deal with this year and Guice offered a more assured immediate production potential. That is entirely reversed now, as Chubb (by default) offers a more assured immediate production potential, with Hyde possibly gone by next year anyways. So...when Guice is once again in a situation to be the man (fair assumption the team will give him this option), Chubb may ALSO be in the same situation (to be the main man).

It's an absurd notion to say that a lost year of RB production should change no rankings, especially when the reason many put Guice over Chubb was BECAUSE of Chubb's immediate situation. Also, yes it's dynasty, but if you're not emphasizing immediate production at RB and instead aim for the best 6-8 year stretch at RB...best of luck.
What are some of the reasons you liked Chubb over guice pre-injury?

Where does michel fit in for you?
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:55 pm

Life of Pablo wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:00 am Pass. Take nobody. Can't pick a bust if you don't pick anyone at all!
Technically if you do not actually make a selection you're guaranteed a 100% bust. ;) Better to make a selection even if the 'odds' are 99% Bust. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:56 pm

And yes I know you were just kidding. ;)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:18 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 pm
DJB wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:22 am We are playing dynasty not 're draft correct?

Nothing changes. Too much overreaction around here.

Guice.
It is dynasty, but this year is ALWAYS by FAR the most important year...and even the highly drafted RBs have a shorter shelf-life than we like to admit.
My answer before the ACL was Chubb (I know I'm in the minority there) and it still is. I think he's better than Guice, and in a long-term better situation.
Now, the injury DOES change something for those who held the two close in valuation. A lot of people put Guice over Chubb because Chubb has Hyde to deal with this year and Guice offered a more assured immediate production potential. That is entirely reversed now, as Chubb (by default) offers a more assured immediate production potential, with Hyde possibly gone by next year anyways. So...when Guice is once again in a situation to be the man (fair assumption the team will give him this option), Chubb may ALSO be in the same situation (to be the main man).

It's an absurd notion to say that a lost year of RB production should change no rankings, especially when the reason many put Guice over Chubb was BECAUSE of Chubb's immediate situation. Also, yes it's dynasty, but if you're not emphasizing immediate production at RB and instead aim for the best 6-8 year stretch at RB...best of luck.

I see a better inside runner with better overall balance, and considerably more power to push the pile (won't often get pulled near goal line once the job is his). I see less off-field concerns. He was better in college before his own injury and IMO very close in talent post-injury to Guice, and I think some of Chubb's former explosiveness may still yet return. Now...will Guice come back less explosive than HE was? Possibly. Yet the same people that discredit Chubb for losing some explosiveness the year after his surgery are not acknowledging that Guice may not be the same guy next year. Can't have it both ways. Anyways...back to pre-injury...Guice's off-field issues were a small red flag (I prefer players without trouble around them) and I liked Perine to take goal line work away a lot more than most people did (I likely posted here about that very criticism on Guice but it was likely ignored as the "Perine is trash" chant would have taken over). Guice is a better receiver (from my limited judgment) but what does that matter when he has Thompson and Chubb has Duke taking most of the passing work away? I cared to judge more on running ability. Plus I prefer to play non-PPR, so I care less about that I suppose.

I still would have taken Guice over Michel...and possibly still would today. I had them ranked Barkley, Chubb, Guice, Freeman, Penny, Michel, then trade the picks for Kerryon or Ron Jones as I want neither. I had Sutton and Moore ahead of both of those backs, directly behind Michel. I'm not sure how much has changed, other than me becoming curious about if I was wrong about Kerryon and wishing I had traded for Freeman right after the draft instead of waiting. His price is definitely rising.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:33 pm

I honestly would trade down.
I do not love anyone, I have RoJo as my RB2 and Kerryon as my RB3 personally but would not take them there due to perceived value.

I think when we look at these RBs in three years we are going to be disappointed.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:18 pm

I see a better inside runner with better overall balance, and considerably more power to push the pile (won't often get pulled near goal line once the job is his). I see less off-field concerns. He was better in college before his own injury and IMO very close in talent post-injury to Guice, and I think some of Chubb's former explosiveness may still yet return. Now...will Guice come back less explosive than HE was? Possibly. Yet the same people that discredit Chubb for losing some explosiveness the year after his surgery are not acknowledging that Guice may not be the same guy next year. Can't have it both ways. Anyways...back to pre-injury...Guice's off-field issues were a small red flag (I prefer players without trouble around them) and I liked Perine to take goal line work away a lot more than most people did (I likely posted here about that very criticism on Guice but it was likely ignored as the "Perine is trash" chant would have taken over). Guice is a better receiver (from my limited judgment) but what does that matter when he has Thompson and Chubb has Duke taking most of the passing work away? I cared to judge more on running ability. Plus I prefer to play non-PPR, so I care less about that I suppose.

I still would have taken Guice over Michel...and possibly still would today. I had them ranked Barkley, Chubb, Guice, Freeman, Penny, Michel, then trade the picks for Kerryon or Ron Jones as I want neither. I had Sutton and Moore ahead of both of those backs, directly behind Michel. I'm not sure how much has changed, other than me becoming curious about if I was wrong about Kerryon and wishing I had traded for Freeman right after the draft instead of waiting. His price is definitely rising.
Guice tore his ACL, Chubb i believe never tore his ACL but rather his MCL, PCL and LCL as well as some meniscus and cartilage.

Significantly different when we are talking the two lateral ligaments used to stabilize the knee when cutting (MCL, LCL).

So no not the same. I loved Chubb pre injury. Clear #2 back, but he hasn't looked even close to the same guy post injury.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:52 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:27 pm
DLF3000 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:15 pm This season doesn't even seem real anymore. Is this some sort of joke? Bad dream? (I drafted Guice AND Penny...)

As did I in a league.
Almost makes you hate FF forever, right? :wall:

What to do but suck for another year... or two... or whatever...
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:19 pm

DJB wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Guice tore his ACL, Chubb i believe never tore his ACL but rather his MCL, PCL and LCL as well as some meniscus and cartilage.

Significantly different when we are talking the two lateral ligaments used to stabilize the knee when cutting (MCL, LCL).

So no not the same. I loved Chubb pre injury. Clear #2 back, but he hasn't looked even close to the same guy post injury.
The ACL also stabilizes the knee while cutting...

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:23 pm

Pre injury to Guice he put himself in tier 2 by himself. He looked the most explosive with the highest ceiling outside of Barkley while warts began to slowly appear on all the other RBs. I would consider DJ Moore at 2 after the Guice injury.

If I am sitting at 2 today, based on what I've seen and read, I am trading back a couple spots and taking Guice. If I cant move down I am taking DJ Moore.

Edit: In superflex Mayfield is 1.02 by himself now after Guice injury.

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:40 pm

Great write up thanks! It's weird I don't see any michel love here. Few podcasts I listen too are just screaming about him as the clear 1.2. :think:

Screw all this noise maybe I'll just take DJ Moore and be done with all this lol. All these RBs are starting to stress me out.

Hopefully we will see Chubb just ball out tomorrow and everyone can start to breathe easier.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Chwf3rd
Captain
Captain

Postby Chwf3rd » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:49 pm

In a SF with 12 or more teams I think the injury cements Baker, Rosen, and Darnold as the 1.02 - 1.04 in some order
Team 1 - 12 team PPR
QB: MRyan, MJones, CNewton, RFitz
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, JMixon, AJDillon, LMurray, DarWilliams, GBernard
WR: SDiggs, ACooper, BAiyuk, JJones, LShenault, BCooks, KToney, KHamler, VJefferson
TE: JSmith, ISmith, ZErtz

Team 2 - 16 team, PPR, SF
QB: JBurrow, CWentz, ZWilson, Jimmy G
RB: SBarkley, DSwift, CAkers, BSnell, TGurley, DGuice
WR: JChase, BAiyuk, CSutton, THiggins, JJeudy, JReagor, BEdwards
TE: ISmith, HarBryant, DSample, TTremble

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:28 am

The 1.02 is a great spot to trade back from this year. Land in the 1.05 range plus some extra value elsewhere, and take whoever you like best from the second tier that falls.

Saying Guice doesn't lose dynasty value for a missed season makes no sense. If you grant him maybe eight successful seasons, that's a full 1/8th of his value at a minimum. Never mind any loss of explosiveness or opportunity.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:56 am

[/quote]

The ACL also stabilizes the knee while cutting...
[/quote]

With all the ACL injuries they should have a class action suit v. the NFL & NCAA . Hire the ACLU to see if the case has a leg to stand on :doh:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:11 am

jeffster wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:28 am The 1.02 is a great spot to trade back from this year. Land in the 1.05 range plus some extra value elsewhere, and take whoever you like best from the second tier that falls.

Saying Guice doesn't lose dynasty value for a missed season makes no sense. If you grant him maybe eight successful seasons, that's a full 1/8th of his value at a minimum. Never mind any loss of explosiveness or opportunity.
Also a year to get acclimated to the NFL game. He'd have a year of experience under his belt, but now he's essentially still a rookie next season. It's the same for any rookie who loses their rookie year, not just Guice.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:13 am

DLF3000 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:52 pm
GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:27 pm
DLF3000 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:15 pm This season doesn't even seem real anymore. Is this some sort of joke? Bad dream? (I drafted Guice AND Penny...)

As did I in a league.
Almost makes you hate FF forever, right? :wall:

What to do but suck for another year... or two... or whatever...
The very reason I have many leagues! :biggrin:
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland