[Fun Thread] - What players do you value higher cause you just really like rooting for them?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mullmania
MVP
MVP

Re: [Fun Thread] - What players do you value higher cause you just really like rooting for them?

Postby mullmania » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:27 pm

Damn didn't know much about AJ Green's back story.

Solid read.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: [Fun Thread] - What players do you value higher cause you just really like rooting for them?

Postby jomaed » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:03 pm

Diggs because I think he's really good.
Bortles because I like rooting for an underdog story. And he puts up good points!
D. Walker because he's a Titan!

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:09 pm

Josh Gordon

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Frank Gore, Larry Fitz, Josh Gordon.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:34 pm

Lamar Jackson! I just want to be on the train. He's fun in a league where often it's incredibly not fun - speaking as someone typing from the literal opposite end of the world.

Traded up to the 4 spot to make sure I got him. No regrets... if he busts, then I'll happily eat it.
10 team .5 PPR SF

QB - Mahomes, Jackson, Hurts, Zach Wilson
RB - Saquon, Chubb, AJD, Dobbins, Penny, Gio, T. Jones
WR - Hill, AJB, Diggs, Sutton, Jeudy, Bateman, Watkins, Slayton, Callaway
TE - Goedert, Pitts, OJH, Cook
Taxi - Mims, D. Brown, Jacob Harris

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:51 pm

No Saquon Barkley fans yet?

I like supporting underdogs - so guys like Russell Wilson (ie players that were disparaged because of size, or lack of something) are always guys I like to watch. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:20 pm

Doug Baldwin, he cares about his community and actually does something about it. He’s intelligent, a philosophical and vocal leader, and cares about finding real solutions rather than just placing blame.

Also he was a WW pickup for me and presumably many others because he was routinely doubted due to lack of physical traits. He’s a great football player who commands respect.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

JurassicPark
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JurassicPark » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:35 pm

Jamison Crowder. Jamison is my sons name, Crowder came into the league when my son was 3. Had him on my team ever since.

I also like seeing smaller WRs make it ala Wes Welker .
Year 8, 14 Team, PPR, all TDs 6 points, 30 man roster limit with 3 IR spots,
QB, 2WR, 2RB, TE, WR/RB/TE, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, D Flex, 16 Bench

QB: Rosen, Garoppolo
WR: Foster, Crowder, Meyers, Beaseley, Renfrom, H Butler, J Watston, Preston Williams
RB: Mostert, Henderson, Hill, Travyeon Williams, Rodney Anderson
TE: Gronk, Irv Smith, Knox, Hollister, Moreau, Herndon

DB: Poyer, Rapp, Chuck Clark
DL: Nick Bosa, Leonard Williams, Maxx Crosby
LB: Mack Wilson, Devin White, Fred Warner

Picks of Relevance
2020: 1.1, 1.9, 1.10, 1.12, 1.13, 2.3, 2.13
2021: 2 1sts, 2nd, 2 3rds

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:02 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:20 pm Doug Baldwin, he cares about his community and actually does something about it. He’s intelligent, a philosophical and vocal leader, and cares about finding real solutions rather than just placing blame.
Baldwin is among the most intelligent players in the NFL, if interviews are any indication.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:03 pm

Keenan Allen: have been riding with him since his rookie year when I first drafted him in a redraft league. Have him on 2 dynasty leagues, and he is easily my favorite football player as far as fantasy football goes. The robot-like extremely precise, mechanical route running combined with his silly, backyard ball-playing demeanor on the field make for a great mix that's easy to root for as a fantasy football owner. And watching him tear the league up after 2 seasons of heartbreak was very satisfying last season.

Stefon Diggs: he's basically Keenan Allen 2.0: absolutely ridiculous character, yet mechanical and masterful at what he's paid to do.

Derrius Guice: Reason #1 to root for Guice: his heartbreaking childhood/upbringing. Reason #2 to root for Guice: he's just a genuine, likable, fun-loving dude who has consistently done so much for his fans from driving down to meet a young girl with an autographed LSU jersey for her, to giving away sneakers on IG, to taking random fans bowling with him, to renting out a movie theater for fans to watch a movie with him, to even helping save that woman's life in a nearby car crash. Reason #3 to root for Guice: his fall in the draft over absolute nonsense.

Alex Collins: a 5th round, "slow", fundamentally sound RB who may have broken through on his second team thanks to picking up Irish dancing - what's not to like?!

Kirk Cousins: because he's a hilarious goofy character and because Dan Snyder deserves to eat s*it forever for being a pretty terrible human and even worse owner.

Cooper Kupp: awesome dude, great football player.
#FreeCoreyDavis

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:39 am

For me it's Josh Gordon because of previous stated "hoping he overcomes mental illness" and another is John Brown, would love to see him get past his injuries and get back to the 1000yard season of a few yrs ago.
I'm insanely rooting for the Browns and Baker Mayfield as well (I absolutely hate Colin Cowturd and would love to see his face if they both work out)
Did I mention I hate Colin Cowturd?

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:09 am

Not directly relevant to fantasy, but I was always a big Joe Thomas fan. That son of a bitch was amazing, especially considering how bleep of a team he was on for his career. On the field he was a monster and off the field he was pretty entertaining as well.