Guice vs Chubb

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Guice vs Chubb

Postby ArrylT » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:48 pm

I blame the rapper Vanilla Ice and his hit song Guice Guice Baby. You hear that song and you just want to draft Guice at 1.02. :twisted:

I think this is part of exactly why, like it or not, Barkley at 1.01 is so expensive to buy, because after that you are left with, at the RB position, a "choose your own adventure". Sort of 2016 WR class but worse!
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:04 pm

People like instant gratification and are sheep. Guice and Chubb are both talented but Guice’s perceived situation is better. Chubb to me is an amazing buy for ‘19+. A lot of people passed on Karama because of Ingram and AP. The same people are passing on Chubb because of Hyde and Duke. I expect Chubb to take over and become a 300 touch player. If we’re lucky he takes over mid-season. People need to stop sleeping on him.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:08 am

dipANDglide wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:04 pm People like instant gratification and are sheep. Guice and Chubb are both talented but Guice’s perceived situation is better. Chubb to me is an amazing buy for ‘19+. A lot of people passed on Karama because of Ingram and AP. The same people are passing on Chubb because of Hyde and Duke. I expect Chubb to take over and become a 300 touch player. If we’re lucky he takes over mid-season. People need to stop sleeping on him.
There is a big difference in your Ingrim/ Kamara comparison. Chubb would be the Ingrim and Johnson would be the Kamara in Cleveland. Johnson is a prolific receiving back, Chubb is not that. Doesn't mean he won't be successful but a better comparison would probably be Jordan Howard.

What is surprising about Kamara is his run ability was underrated. Don't see Chubb anywhere near Johnson in his receiving ability. Cleveland is paying Johnson top 10 RB money because he is one of the most efficient RB's in the entire NFL. His ability gets overlooked due to situation but that situation is changing dramatically. BTW, Johnson signed his top 10 RB extension after the NFL draft.

Chubb needs to focus on pushing Hyde to the sidelines which he should do but not a chance in Hades he will push Johnson to the sidelines.

One positive for Chubb is Johnson, like Kamara, can run very effective routes from the slot or out wide which will allow for 7 in the box when both are on the field together.

The Browns are going to end up being one of the best offenses in the league within two years with Baker at the helm IMO. He is highly mobile and extremely accurate. Chubb will be a part of significant weaponry but expecting him to push Duke aside is not going to happen based on the moves they are making. This team will open up its offense and we will see a lot of the Sooners type offense in the future.

I predict a division title for the Browns in 2019. I know that's a bold prediction but the moves they are making should really pay dividends rather quickly.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:23 pm

All things being equal, I'd rather not be tied to the Browns for my fantasy success.
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
QB – J. Hurts, A Richardson (R-IR))
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III,J. Hill, J. Ford, K. Miller (R), J.K. Dobbins (IR), K. Hebert (IR)
WR – J. Chase, C. Lamb, K. Allen, T. Burks, DJ Chark, P. Nakua (R)
TE – D. Waller, C. Okonkwo, L. Thomas, J. Ferguson

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
QB - A. Rodgers, L. Jackson
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)
WR - T. Hill, D. Adams, C. Watson, M. Brown, R. Rice (R)
TE - D. Waller, G. Kittle, J. Ferguson

colonnaj94
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby colonnaj94 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:53 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:23 am Can anyone explain to me why Guice seems to be always drafted before Chubb in rookie drafts.

They both have pretty similar numbers in college, both hampered by injuries. The difference being chubb pre-injury was MUCH better. Probably even the 1.1 if he continued the pace of his freshman and sophomore seasons.

Chubb killed him at the combine his sparq scores were top 10 over the last few years.

Perhaps this could just be about the injury but now guice has an equally difficult injury, infact chubs ACL qas never injured.

Chubb was taken +20 spots before him in the actual draft too which matters, these scouts know their sh*t.

I'm just struggling to see why guice was going/is going 1.2/3 still and chubb as low as 7 or 8
I think it has to do with the short-term outlook on both players.. Chubb is kinda buried on the depth chart right now & Guice was pretty much pencilled in to be the main RB in Washington from the start (Pre-Injury).. If Hyde wasn't in Cleveland, it might be a different story, but that's the way I view it..
32 Team .5 PPR, 2 Copies
QB Lawrence, Ridder
RB Bijan Robinson, Walker, Javonte Williams, Dillon
WR Pickens, Dell, Doubs, Reed, Mims
TE Freiermuth

12 Team PPR
QB Young
RB Harris, Pierce, Chandler, Bigsby, Kelley
WR Johnston, Wicks, Mingo, W Robinson, Z Jones, Marshall, Pierce, Toney, Perry
TE Freiermuth, Ferguson, Kraft, Gray
(3) 24 1sts, (5) 24 2nds, (2) 25 1sts, (2) 25 2nds

12 Team PPR SF TE Premium IDP
QB Tagovailoa, Burrow
RB Chubb, Ford, Warren, Pierce, Javonte Williams, N Harris
WR Allen, Samuel, Pittman, Metcalf, Ridley, Rice
TE Goedert, Bryant, Hill
DL Watt, Sieler, Jones, P Smith, Simmons, Lawrence, Z Smith
LB Morrow, Deablow, To'oTo'o
DB Holland, Winfield, Wallace, Bell

12 Team PPR SF TE Premium IDP
QB Mahomes, Tannehill
RB Mostert, Pacheco, Montogmery, Pierce, Ford, Warren, Javonte Williams
WR Chase, Allen, Sutton, Pittman, Doubs
TE Kelce, Hurst, Dulcich
DL Hunter, Cooper, Allen, Autry, Carter, Young
LB Franklin, Oluokun, Singleton
DB Smith, Curl, Love, Byard, McKinney

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:17 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:08 am
dipANDglide wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:04 pm ...
... Cleveland is paying Johnson top 10 RB money ...
I feel like this is an over emphasized point. By that i mean, when was the last time a half-decent RB signed for less than top 10-15 money? And Cleveland has plenty of cap space.
The standard is the standard.