Preseason week 1

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Preseason week 1

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:35 pmI watched the entire game, I'm well aware. It was 3rd and 20 and the Raiders were prepared to give up yards on the draw, not much to discern from that. It IS a good thing that he looked good against the Raiders back ups, but I want to see more action against starters, that's all.
???

That was the FIRST play. He played dozens of snaps in the 1st half and touched the ball 8 times. He showed a ton of moves and ability to create space when defenders were next to him, gaining 70 yards on 11 touches and over 100 if penalties didn't happen, and you're not impressed at all. "backups, third stringers, easy yards on a draw play" etc.

RoJo, meanwhile, has similar touches in similar play time (started in the 1st, played 2nd & 3rd quarters mostly), stumbles all day, gets 8 carries for 9 yards, and you proclaim the following: "He got what he had blocked for him, no opportunities to show any big play ability, and on the drop, he was looking for the DB and focused on getting hit too much, rather than catching the ball."

KJ & RJ play nearly the same exact amount for nearly the same times in a game. KJ succeeds, RJ does not. KJ gets ignored, RJ gets excuses. I guess you're just gonna find reasons to like guys you like and hate guys you hate?
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:56 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:49 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:35 pmI watched the entire game, I'm well aware. It was 3rd and 20 and the Raiders were prepared to give up yards on the draw, not much to discern from that. It IS a good thing that he looked good against the Raiders back ups, but I want to see more action against starters, that's all.
???

That was the FIRST play. He played dozens of snaps in the 1st half and touched the ball 8 times. He showed a ton of moves and ability to create space when defenders were next to him, gaining 70 yards on 11 touches and over 100 if penalties didn't happen, and you're not impressed at all. "backups, third stringers, easy yards on a draw play" etc.

RoJo, meanwhile, has similar touches in similar play time (started in the 1st, played 2nd & 3rd quarters mostly), stumbles all day, gets 8 of 9 yards, and you proclaim the following: "He got what he had blocked for him, no opportunities to show any big play ability, and on the drop, he was looking for the DB and focused on getting hit too much, rather than catching the ball."

KJ & RJ play nearly the same exact amount for nearly the same times in a game. KJ succeeds, RJ does not. KJ gets ignored, RJ gets excuses. I guess you're just gonna find reasons to like guys you like and hate guys you hate?
As far as I can remember, he didn't touch the ball again until late in the 2nd quarter after the draw play, and then started the 3rd quarter. I did say he looked good, but that he should against the talent he was against, and that IS a good thing. I just want to see him against starters more, as I am genuinely curious to see how he does. I think you might be misinterpreting what I am saying. He passed the eye test against the backups, and I want to see it against starters now. Not much more he could have done, with the opportunities he was given.

FWIW, I don't have Rojo anywhere, and don't want him, I don't think he's going to do well in the NFL. However, he did not get much blocking, and the drop was bad, but he was preoccupied with getting hit, I was simply mentioning that, because it wasn't the best way to tell if he has bad hands or not. I do suspect his hands aren't good, though. My desire to see Kerryon with the first team more stem from the team more than him as a player. They haven't been able to run the ball for so long, I'm genuinely curious to see if he can change that. I actually like KJ, but not the situation so much.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:08 pm

Haters gonna hate... and boy does this man hate RoJo

What’d he do to you fam?
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:39 pm

Rosenbluu wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:08 pm Haters gonna hate... and boy does this man hate RoJo

What’d he do to you fam?
Who does?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:57 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:42 am Barkley looks amazing. He is every part the stud I thought he would be. I'm concerned about the O-line for this season, but year 2, 3, etc he's going to light it up if that line improves. This team will have to use a lot of draw plays with a line this bad.
I'll preface this by saying I only watched about 5 minutes, (Barkley's long run and then some) but aside from that long run, he didn't really impress me, and his stat line wasn't amazing either... 3 carries for 4 yards other than the long one. I'll watch again though and hope I'm wrong.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:39 pm
Rosenbluu wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:08 pm Haters gonna hate... and boy does this man hate RoJo What’d he do to you fam?
Who does?
Me, but I think he's referencing another thread. I'm just trying to help everyone see what I see before it's too late (about RoJo).

BTW, your reply answered my curiosity FF. Kudos.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:02 pm

GLSmk wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:57 pm
MEuRaH wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:42 amBarkley looks amazing. He is every part the stud I thought he would be. I'm concerned about the O-line for this season, but year 2, 3, etc he's going to light it up if that line improves. This team will have to use a lot of draw plays with a line this bad.
I'll preface this by saying I only watched about 5 minutes, (Barkley's long run and then some) but aside from that long run, he didn't really impress me, and his stat line wasn't amazing either... 3 carries for 4 yards other than the long one. I'll watch again though and hope I'm wrong.
The O-line was terrible. There was a defender in the backfield on nearly every carry. Even on the long run, Barkley had no hole to run through and was forced to jump cut.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Skulls » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:04 pm

I thought Antonio Callaway looked great
12 team dynasty 26 man roster .5 PPR RB. 1.0 PPR wr. 1.5ppr TE..6 pts. all tds.
Start 1 QB..2-3 RBS 2-4 WRS.. 1-2 TES

http://football20.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... L=10388&O=
QB Matt Ryan Patrick Mahommes
RB Bell, Fournette, Aaron Jones, James Connor, Mcguire, Prosise, Josh Adams
WR Julio, JuJu Schuster, Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon,Stills, Antonio Callaway, D.J. CharkJosh MaloneBraxton Miller, 3 Packer rookies
TE Ertz, Ben Watson, Higbee
Def Jax Houston
K Gould

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:40 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:59 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:39 pm
Rosenbluu wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:08 pm Haters gonna hate... and boy does this man hate RoJo What’d he do to you fam?
Who does?
Me, but I think he's referencing another thread. I'm just trying to help everyone see what I see before it's too late (about RoJo).

BTW, your reply answered my curiosity FF. Kudos.
I’m referencing both threads
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:07 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:39 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:29 am
MEuRaH wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:42 amMichael Gallup did not impress at all. He caught a long touchdown that the corner gave him (literally, the corner stopped). All Gallup did all day long was run up the field or post patterns, with a few jump balls. Where's the route tree? He'll be a good redzone WR, but I wouldn't expect many big weekly performances, and without a route tree, his future will be limited. If someone else in your league is impressed, I think he could be a good candidate to sell already.
Gallup?- just read a piece on WR coach Sanjay Lal's view on the game. The Cowboys know their WR issues will put pressure on the run game, so they want to put on film they can effectively attack deep and practice how to do it better.

I'm not concerned about what you said- don't think it says anything about Gallup's limitations.
The reason Gallup concerns me is because of what former Cowboys have said about their frustration with the offense. It's been pointed out by many former Cowboys that the coaches like their WRs to go deep, and slot/TEs to do crossing patterns. That's it. Dez didn't have much of a route tree, Terrance Williams either. Now here comes Gallup and it looks like the same old offense. It's predictable yet again. Not good. You kind of confirmed it with your response.

Gallup has the ability to get jump balls and snag them out of the air (GOOD!) but that's not sustainable long term and he didn't show me anything to believe he would be able and/or allowed to do anything else otherwise. If he was a WR for another team, my view my be different.
Yea, it's been pointed out that the Dallas offense has been stagnant, with players not varying their route, changing their pre-snap positions, no stacks, motion, playing only one side, etc.

The new WR coach specifically wants all WRs to play multiple positions, not just X or Y. He decided against advocating keeping Dez after he concluded Dez couldn't run all routes proficiently. Now, you could argue Dez never did because he never had to and was never trained to, but here we are.

Whether a WR coach can reinvigorate an entire offense, or whether the stagnant offense is caused not by the players' limitations but the play calling of the OC and HC is a valid question, to me. The WR coach is working with the WRs to get them to run routes and hide them better, but there are limitations to what he can do. He doesn't call plays, so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

My comment was about trying to put things in film for regular (and postseason?) opponents to show they can effectively attack deep, hoping this helps keep pressure off the run game. Has nothing to do with whether it reflects what they'll do when the games count.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:15 pm

I was surprised Josh Allen looked decent after all the negative stuff you heard about his ability - beyond his arm, of course.

Maybe the Bills aren't going to be the raging dumpster fire I fully expect them to be?

Nah, still way too early to change my mind there :ewink:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:45 pm

I keep going back and rewatching all of Mayfield's snaps. He looked so good for a rookie. I love his pocket presence and stepping up into the pocket to buy time.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:04 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:45 pm I keep going back and rewatching all of Mayfield's snaps. He looked so good for a rookie. I love his pocket presence and stepping up into the pocket to buy time.
I would be close to Baker's biggest fan and loved every minute of his game, I'm rooting for the browns to not be the league joke and hope he delivers.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:08 am

DLF3000 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:15 pm I was surprised Josh Allen looked decent after all the negative stuff you heard about his ability - beyond his arm, of course.

Maybe the Bills aren't going to be the raging dumpster fire I fully expect them to be?

Nah, still way too early to change my mind there :ewink:
I'm not an Allen believer but his accuracy was better then I thought it would be, not saying he killed it but made me rethink my original assertion that he couldn't hit water if he fell out a boat.

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:43 am

GLSmk wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:57 pm
MEuRaH wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:42 am Barkley looks amazing. He is every part the stud I thought he would be. I'm concerned about the O-line for this season, but year 2, 3, etc he's going to light it up if that line improves. This team will have to use a lot of draw plays with a line this bad.
That is saquon way of play. He search big play on every run. That way he will have often 1 for 2 yards, 1 for 1 yard and on the 3rd run he will have 80 yards and the td. At the end of the day he will still have a great Stat line. He is still way better as wr. Barkley should have a great career. Against great defense he could have some trouble either. That said with his big play ability he can stay explode at any moment. He is a clutch player
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman