Preseason week 1

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Preseason week 1

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:32 pm

Didn't get a chance to watch Guice, except the run that got called back. Nice run, huge hole, but nice yards after contact until he got brought down and hurt. Not sure if he was used on 3rd down, but he wasn't targeted. I liked what I saw from Penny. Made a few guys miss to create yards, got dropped on a couple of runs in the backfield by unblocked defenders for losses on blown assignment one bad one for the 2nd team OL, and for some reason they handed off with 19 seconds left in the half instead of taking a knee, with another totally unblocked man taking him down, so a modest stat line, but it looks like his game translates, at least in this small sample size. He had a few 3rd down catches, and was used on 3rd down almost exclusively as long as he was in the game. Carson looked good too, I think Penny and Carson will be used. As someone who drafted Penny, I see the way the Hawks were rotating those two, and it seemed to work. The whole Ingram/Kamara thing may work for the Hawks, although Penny can deal with more carries, Carson definitely looks like he should be involved throughout games. I'm thinking it will be a two man show. Procise out again with injury, I just don't think they can count on him.

Jeremy Hill looks to have the inside edge on the Pats final RB spot. 51 yards, a TD as well as 2 catches.

Tre'quan backs up his strong camp by catching 4 of 5 for 48. Drum beat gets louder.

EDIT: Guice was out on 3rd and 2, and Byron Marshall on 3rd and 6, and 3rd and 11. Marshall had a 25 yard TD reception on 3rd and 11 against the Pats 1st team D. Guice looked decent, nothing earth shattering, but picked up the yards he needed. Did a good job of beating the DB on the run called back (which he got hurt on), when he failed to wrap up. Rob Kelley looked decent, too. Much lighter than last year.

Per ESPN: Saying he "felt good" and could "walk fine" and that "all is well," Guice detailed how the injury occurred at the end of a 34-yard run that was called back because of a holding penalty.

"At the back end of the play, when I was stiff-arming [a defender], my feet just kind of planted weirdly on the turf and my knee just hyperextended a little bit," he said. "It's fine."

He later walked from the locker room to the team buses, and there was a noticeable stiffness in his stride.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:53 am

How about those Green Bay rookie receivers? Who will be #3 on the depth chart?
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:31 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ason-games

NFL.coms takeways for what they are worth.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:45 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:09 pm
Confined1 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:05 pm McCaffrey looked amazing
In the passing game, maybe. Still looks "meh" to me as a runner. CJA going to be a 1/2 punch with him, I think.
Yea, i think ultimately he turns in to a premier passing down back. I just dont see him ever offering much in the run game. Especially between the tackles. Phenomenal as a receiver but its eventually going to be hard to justify force feeding him targets with other weapons on the field. 4 for 11 yards and a fumble is not what i would have wanted to see from him for sure.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:49 am

I saw another angle of that Josh Allen TD pass, and he really fired that into a small window. Obviously going to be serious accuracy issues and who knows if he will ever pan out. Regardless, there will be some great moments and some very painful moments, true to a gun-slinging mentality. On another note, I sure am glad after a huge night of preseason games and football being back that once again the headlines are dominated by the players protesting all the shootings in Chicago last weekend.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:03 am

Some saint on youtube uploaded individual player cutups from last night. Check him out (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnoQmx ... sh3Osq1WSQ). Extremely helpful.

My notes. A little reactionary, but just general thoughts.

Barkley looks really good. Glad to see him in a Giants uniform finally.

Guice also looks really good. Seems like he'll have no issue contributing.

Chubb concerns me. Blocking can definitely be blamed a lot for his lack of production, but he's not innocent either. I saw a couple plays he could've made something happen on.

I thought RoJo actually looked pretty good. His drop was bad (looked like he wasn't expecting the ball), but other than that I thought he ran it really well in limited touches.

Penny also looked good. Looks fast, which is usually a good thing.

Ballage looked the part. We'll see if he gets carries going into the season.

DJ Moore looks really good. I bet he's an instant contributor this year.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:27 am

Did anyone watch the Bears/Bengals game? I saw AJG make a catch then asked to come out and he looked a little gimpy.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:27 am

Thought DJ Moore looked great. Agree that he has a good chance of contributing this year. His burst is impressive.

2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:28 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:40 pmMuch like Sanders, he's going to have a lot of losses or no gainers trying to create a big play.
Sanders had a lot of losses and no gainers just trying to get back to the line of scrimmage!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:37 am

Lotto4Life wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:28 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:40 pmMuch like Sanders, he's going to have a lot of losses or no gainers trying to create a big play.
Sanders had a lot of losses and no gainers just trying to get back to the line of scrimmage!
True.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:00 am

Call me crazy but i was actually pretty impressed with the way Josh Allen played. He is much more athletic in the pocket than i thought. It was obvious he and his receivers were on a different page for a couple of routes but overall i thought he played well. A couple of those deep balls were close and maybe timing will get better as he gets more practice.

D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:22 am

Guice initial diagnosis is a sprained MCL. MRI to confirm.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:54 am

I have looked at the (very limited) film from rookies last one. One of the players that impressed me the most was Ballage.

Most others were more or less as expected.

I think Barkley is going to have a low floor but high ceiling on a week to week basis this year.

Regardless, be careful of trying to have any "big takeaways" - there were a lot of mistakes for all teams, as to be expected.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:00 am

jtsmalls wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:53 am How about those Green Bay rookie receivers? Who will be #3 on the depth chart?
Packers receiving corps is going to be in good hands post-Jordy! Can't wait to see these guys with Rodgers throwing to them.

Valdez-Scandling looked impressive on his receptions, and also did a good job on the kick returns.
Moore had one drop later in the game, but looked impressive early on, drawing an interference at one point. He looks like a big target, and again, when he gets better passes thrown his way, we'll get a better idea.
St. Brown even got in the act with some heady play. I think all three of them showed sparks last night. I think they showed better than Yancey or camp darling Kumerow - who got lots of targets, but seemed to be overthrown a lot. not sure why.

-oo-

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:04 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:22 am Guice initial diagnosis is a sprained MCL. MRI to confirm.
ACL, done for year. already reported on this forum, but this is to keep this thread updated.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz