Antonio Callaway cited for marijuana

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Antonio Callaway cited for marijuana

Postby Goddard » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:41 pm

Been avoiding this guy and now I remember why.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:44 pm

I am surprised that there are people that are surprised.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:49 pm

It's almost Jeff Janis time in Cleveland!

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:50 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:59 pm From now on I'm lowering draft statuses of players who are from Florida and went to school in Florida, and also have nefarious histories. That state may be known for retirees and Disney World. But it's mainly a cesspool of contaminated citizens that come from continuous generations of irresponsible/neglectful parents.

If you're a resident of Florida it's best to raise your kids to be annoying Christians like Tebow. Atleast they go on to live responsible and fulfilling lives.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:52 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:59 pm From now on I'm lowering draft statuses of players who are from Florida and went to school in Florida, and also have nefarious histories. That state may be known for retirees and Disney World. But it's mainly a cesspool of contaminated citizens that come from continuous generations of irresponsible/neglectful parents.

If you're a resident of Florida it's best to raise your kids to be annoying Christians like Tebow. Atleast they go on to live responsible and fulfilling lives.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:52 pm

And tumbling down my board he goes.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:02 pm

I try not to fall into believing that the Browns will always do stupid things as an organization, but it just occurred to me that the Browns drafted this guy knowing his history and knowing he would be spending a good deal of time around Josh Gordon. Not only are they on the same team, but play the same postition...position meetings, position drills in practice...etc. Why would an organization do that if they really wanted Gordon to prosper? None of this makes sense.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:10 pm

I guess they thought it would be good for Josh Gordon's recovery if he mentored another f*ckup addict.

The thing is that doesn't work if the guy doesn't know he has a problem or doesn't care that he has a problem.

Antonio Callaway didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose him. So has the CFL life in a couple years I guess.

The Browns should just cut him. I'm serious, they are a rebuilding team anyway. This guy flunked at the combine and flunked in training camp, we haven't even gotten to the season yet. They need to build a culture conducive to winning...or at least not being in the police blotter every few months.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:11 pm

dm1129 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:02 pm I try not to fall into believing that the Browns will always do stupid things as an organization, but it just occurred to me that the Browns drafted this guy knowing his history and knowing he would be spending a good deal of time around Josh Gordon. Not only are they on the same team, but play the same postition...position meetings, position drills in practice...etc. Why would an organization do that if they really wanted Gordon to prosper? None of this makes sense.
They also drafted Callaway knowing he already failed the combine drug test

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:12 pm

There is a scenario where this actually sucks for Landry imo. If Callaway is suspended, the Browns could throw so much money at Dez for 1 year he cant pass it up. If this happens coupled with a Gordon return there are your 2 starting outside WRs leaving Landry pigeon-holed to the slot again. A lot of Landry appeal to me this year was the fact his route tree was going to be expanded and news out of camp it really was. Dez will be HORRIBLE for this team 10 ways to next Tuesday. They are better off signing and old dude like Maclin to come in....he could play the slot. Also we might get a look see at the raw but athletic profile of Damien Ratley if he does not go on IR.
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

Dynasty Fantasy is not a game, it’s a full time hobby.

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:13 pm

Now we have a pretty good guess as to why Josh Gordon is not in training camp...
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:14 pm

Meanwhile - I have NFL Network on right now and they have the header saying "Browns might not be done trading big name players".

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:18 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:14 pm Meanwhile - I have NFL Network on right now and they have the header saying "Browns might not be done trading big name players".
Any mention of the possibilities?
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:22 pm

post of the week candidate ! :clap:
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:31 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:37 pm So the "Landry has too much competition for his needed volume of targets in Cleveland!!!"

Is now down to a 3rd down back and sophomore TE? lol. Ok

Really. How freaking stupid. Whether you think the law is stupid or not, you're getting paid millions of dollars and one of the criteria is to not smoke weed. I'd give up beer and whiskey if that was a requirement for my job that was going to make me a millionaire
I would give up banging slutty brunettes and hot, airhead, college bomb-shells for a job that pays millions. The short length of the career is nothing to show some will power on whatever vice(s) you may indulge in.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry