Corey Coleman traded to the Bills

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Corey Coleman traded to the Bills

Postby steelman » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:55 am

Valhalla wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:27 am Severe attitude issue or undiagnosed personality disorder or something here?
Zero ability on the NFL field

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:00 am

steelman wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:55 am
Valhalla wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:27 am Severe attitude issue or undiagnosed personality disorder or something here?
Can’t agree with that

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:15 am

Valhalla wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:00 am
steelman wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:55 am
Can’t agree with that
It seems far fetched but nothing else explains it. If he was such a problem child that teams wanted nothing to do with it, there'd be some evidence of it. With social media, nothing goes unnoticed these days.

Plus if he was talented enough, teams would ignore everything else.

His game clearly isn't good enough for the NFL.

philosophy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby philosophy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 am

Added to Giants' 53. They use 3 wide a lot and I could see him getting a chance.

Obviously hasn't shown much but his 1st round pedigree is giving him chances. Giants are rebuilding and he is only 24. Trade rumours involving Shepard are coming up regarding his upcoming pay day.

Big reason I'm interested is he is free and has been since the start of the season...

Grab him or not worth a roster spot at this point?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:59 am

philosophy wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 am Added to Giants' 53. They use 3 wide a lot and I could see him getting a chance.

Obviously hasn't shown much but his 1st round pedigree is giving him chances. Giants are rebuilding and he is only 24. Trade rumours involving Shepard are coming up regarding his upcoming pay day.

Big reason I'm interested is he is free and has been since the start of the season...

It doesn't hurt to grab him, but he hasn't improved since coming into the league at the things he needed to.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:05 am

philosophy wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 am Added to Giants' 53. They use 3 wide a lot and I could see him getting a chance.

The problem is he’s no more than a situational deep threat at this point and the Giants line isn’t about to start giving Eli enough time to throw the deep ball. I think getting play time might actually be detrimental to his value at this point.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:36 am

Could he have been elevated because the Giants got word that the Texans were considering Coleman? Just speculation...but Coleman would have made sense for the Texans.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:51 am

steelman wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:15 am If he was such a problem child that teams wanted nothing to do with it, there'd be some evidence of it. With social media, nothing goes unnoticed these days.
I take it you didn't watch Hard Knocks this year.

I dunno if "problem child" is the right label exactly, but Coleman was on the verge of tears in Hue's offense just because he was playing with the second-team offense, and he has a shoe collection which he appears to be more passionate about than football.

I suspect Coleman is a bit of spoiled nancy. I think he's mentally weak. He never had to work hard for success in life or sport in high-school or at Baylor. He's hit a wall in the NFL for maybe the first time in his life, and he doesn't know how to deal with it.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:31 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:51 am
steelman wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:15 am If he was such a problem child that teams wanted nothing to do with it, there'd be some evidence of it. With social media, nothing goes unnoticed these days.
I take it you didn't watch Hard Knocks this year.

I dunno if "problem child" is the right label exactly, but Coleman was on the verge of tears in Hue's offense just because he was playing with the second-team offense, and he has a shoe collection which he appears to be more passionate about than football.

I suspect Coleman is a bit of spoiled nancy. I think he's mentally weak. He never had to work hard for success in life or sport in high-school or at Baylor. He's hit a wall in the NFL for maybe the first time in his life, and he doesn't know how to deal with it.
If the rumours are true, he has more passion for ladies of the pole, too. Apparently he blew 10-15 grand a week at strip joints. This is the story from Ohio based Dynasty Nerds who know some local beat guys, apparently.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:27 am

Coleman has all the talent in the world. Fast, explosive, athletic as hell, an insane big play threat and has the tools physically to be a good route runner. But, he's following in the footsteps of players like Parker and Perriman who never figure out what to do with it.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:03 am

What should really bug Coleman owners (if he still has any) is that he was still set up for opportunity in Cleveland near and long term. All he had to do was man up, deal with the adversity, keep his head down and practice hard. Instead, he whined and effectively asked to be traded. Now Gordon is in NE, Callaway hasn't done anything with his opportunity, and Baker Mayfield is gonna be good. Even Higgins is sidelined and out of the way. Coleman could have completely turned things around for himself by now, playing opposite Landry as a natural vertical complement to his efficiency underneath, with an ascending rookie QB. But no. smh
Last edited by ninotoreS on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:05 am

ninotoreS wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:03 am What should really bug Coleman is that he was still set up for opportunity in Cleveland near and long term. All he had to do was man up, deal with the adversity, keep his head down and practice hard. Instead, he whined and effectively asked to be traded. Now Gordon is in NE, Callaway hasn't run away with his opportunity, and Baker Mayfield is gonna be good. Even Higgins is sidelined and out of the way. Coleman could have completely turned things around for himself by now, playing opposite Landry as a natural vertical complement to his efficiency underneath, with an ascending rookie QB. But no. smh
I agree that situation sounds great for CC, but I dont think he would've handled it well anyway for it to matter

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:13 am

Maybe so. But he didn't even allow himself the opportunity to succeed. Things got a little tough, his ego took a bruise, and so he just ran away.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:57 pm

Honestly the track record for Baylor WRs under Art Briles and that regime have been rough.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:18 am

:roll:
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE