Corey Coleman traded to the Bills

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Corey Coleman traded to the Bills

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:29 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:10 am From 1st to 7th round in two years? Either Coleman is trash or the Browns have no idea what they're doing.
they passed on barkley and chubb and wentz and bosa and ........ the list goes on
they have off loaded a ton of guys for pennies - I love josh gordon but why is he still on the roster with all his "issues" and the guy you picked 15th 2 years is toast / they kept a coach that was 1-31 I mean really what % of DLF posters if given the reins of the cleveland browns 2 years ago couldn't have scratched out 2 W's .
I mean seriously they have talent and sashi set them up with a plethora of high picks and the best they can do is trade the 15th pick for 7th rounder / Holy hell my granddaughter heading for her first day of kindergarten today could do better after I coached her up for an hour.

I feel for skip and the other brown fans around here at some level but as a steeler fan I relish their massive incompetence and the jumping of the shark of ozzie newsome the last few years . It has made the kings of the north very likely to stay the kings of the north .
Here we go !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:34 am

Justification of me taking Deforest Buckner over him with 1.4 in 2016! (Went for the "sure thing" over offensive guys I didn't believe in). He's a small WR that overly relies on athleticism. That worked on college deep routes, not so much in the pros
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:34 am

I think this has more to do with Callaway and Duke than anything else.

psu007
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby psu007 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:24 am

So as a Coleman owner this gives me a little optimism. Things clearly weren't good with Coleman and the Browns, they were certainly down on him. I know Buffalo's offense isn't good, but hey hopefully throw a lot and it's not like they're that deep or talented at WR.

As for Coleman himself, the broken hands don't phase me b/c the first time I didn't think he had surgery, and so I'm guessing the second hand injury was b/c the first didn't heal, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I thought he flashed as a rookie, but again the injury, then last year he had moments, but fell behind Gordon once he was back, plus the offense as a whole was bad.

So overall I can't be any lower on him than I already was and this gives me some hopes of optimism. Hopefully he can provide some fantasy value, or provide enough of a spark that I can flip him for half decent value.
Team 1 - 12 Team, PPR, All 6TD

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, K, D

QB - Cousins, Luck, Mayfield
RB - Elliot, Thompson, McKinnon, Penny, Michel, Miller, E.McGuire, Foreman, Ekeler
WR - OBJ, Robinson, K.Allen, C.Davis, Allsion, M.Bryant, C.Coleman, Moncrief, P.Richardson, Chark
TE - Reed, Gathers, Shaheen, Seals-Jones
K - Jake Elliott
D - NE, MIA
Picks - 2019: 3-5

Team 2 - 12 Team, SF 0.5 PPR, 4/6TD

1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1SF, 1FLEX, 1TE

QB - Cousins, Goff, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jackson
RB - Gurley, Ingram, Coleman, Clement, Booker, Rawls, Samuels
WR - Hilton, Fuller, Moore, Byrant, Locket, Moncrief, Rogers, Miller, St.Brown,
TE - Gesicki, Clay, McDonald, Andrews
Picks - 2019: 1,2,3x2,4

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:46 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:10 am From 1st to 7th round in two years? Either Coleman is trash or the Browns have no idea what they're doing.
This. It's laughable, why would they be so desperate to get rid of this guy with Gordon out? There have never been any reports of Coleman being a distraction or bad in the locker room. Surely if they called all 32 teams they could have gotten a 2019 4th or 5th for him from someone. It's impossible that a 2020 7th was the best they could do, and if so then you just hold on to him. This type of move just bodes poorly for all Browns players.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:05 am

Can't say I'm ecstatic about this (wouldn't have hand picked Buffalo as his destination in a trade) but don't agree with posters saying this is a bad thing. Coleman was at best 4th-5th receiving option in Cleveland this year without lapses in judgement from Gordon or injuries from Landry, Duke & Njoku. This gives him an opportunity to reset his career, to play far more snaps and earn substantially more targets than he could have received in Cleveland. Another completely wasted year would have been very bad for him.

Seems like a great trade for Buffalo who are desperate for talent at WR and Coleman's skillset seems like a good fit for a team that has struggled to stretch the field since they traded Sammy.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:43 am

maybe they secretly owed a little more to the Bills for Tyrod lol
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:46 am

Well atleast episode 2 of Hardknocks will be interesting. Wonder if Coleman wanted to call his grandma after he heard he was traded.
Hopefullly episode 3 will have the return of Josh Gordon.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:56 am

0LDMAN wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:48 pm
flyersfan1981 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:33 pm
ImaRounder wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:39 pm Its good becuase hes no longer buried on a depth chart or competing for targets. He goes from the sixth option to the third.. mccoy, benjamin, coleman.
He was basically drafted to be the top option in Cleveland and failed to capitalize on his opportunity. He wasn't "buried" in Cleveland...his lack of production forced the team to bury him.
Failed to capitalize on what exactly. A team that has gone 1-31 and whose best quarterback the last decade just threw four interceptions in the CFL. He also dealt with some unlucky injuries. Going to a team that can actually win and has some semblance of an actual football team will only help him. I could see him becoming a useful WR 2/3 if things break well in Buffalo.
He was outplayed by T. Pryor, a guy who wasn't even a WR in college and a guy who is not very good. So his injuries are unlucky? So they don't count? Part of my knock on him was his size and not being good enough in traffic against NFL corners. If he was so good at being a game-breaker with his ability, why didn't he ever make any game-breaking plays when he was healthy?
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:59 am

This guy is a scrub and anybody who owns him is wasting their time.

He doesn't care about the NFL or his career. Guy was caught partying HARD in bars and clubs before & after games. He doesn't care. He's got his money and is trying to succeed only on his talent alone.

The fact that he was sold for so little should show you all how little Cleveland thinks of him. He went to a worse situation. Buffalo is desperate for anybody.

If you still own him, this is your last chance to sell him before he's dropped from the Bills and is never seen again.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:11 am

thebeast wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:46 am
This. It's laughable, why would they be so desperate to get rid of this guy with Gordon out? There have never been any reports of Coleman being a distraction or bad in the locker room. Surely if they called all 32 teams they could have gotten a 2019 4th or 5th for him from someone. It's impossible that a 2020 7th was the best they could do, and if so then you just hold on to him. This type of move just bodes poorly for all Browns players.
I can't imagine any team giving that. Getting rid of his 3.5 million dollar salary just shows they cut their losses. The Browns should be glad they at least now have a GM that is not afraid to clean house. Dorsey is a very solid GM with a long and solid track record with the Packers and Chiefs.

Browns fans should actually be encouraged by this trade.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:13 am

0LDMAN wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:48 pm Going to a team that can actually win and has some semblance of an actual football team will only help him.
You're basing this off of a team with Tyrod at QB...and now that QB room could be catastrophic.

The easiest conclusions to jump to are:

#1 - Coleman didn't show nearly enough for Cleveland to want to keep him. A plethora of injuries and bad plays like his easy drop to seal Cleveland's winless season probably made everyone sour on him...rightfully or not. 2 years removed from being a 1st round pick to being sold for peanuts.

#2 - Is Zay Jones done? Nothing overly positive has come out on the kid all of 2017 and now 2018.

#3 - Does Cleveland move Duke into the slot or do they go with Callaway or a Dez type signing?

#4 - Fantasy owners may be rejoicing but just because a team needs bodies to throw to, might not equate to fantasy relevance.

If Coleman is on waivers or can be had for a 4th+ rookie pick, maybe I'm adding him but you'd be prompt keeping expectations pretty low. Almost reminds me of the DGB situation.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:18 am

MEuRaH wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:59 am This guy is a scrub and anybody who owns him is wasting their time.

He doesn't care about the NFL or his career. Guy was caught partying HARD in bars and clubs before & after games. He doesn't care. He's got his money and is trying to succeed only on his talent alone.

The fact that he was sold for so little should show you all how little Cleveland thinks of him. He went to a worse situation. Buffalo is desperate for anybody.

If you still own him, this is your last chance to sell him before he's dropped from the Bills and is never seen again.
Yep!! How can I "like" this post? I said last off-season that people who owned him should sell because his value was sure to go down. Even I couldn't imagine this drop in value...
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:25 am

Servo wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:13 am #4 - Fantasy owners may be rejoicing but just because a team needs bodies to throw to, might not equate to fantasy relevance.
I consider myself a Corey Coleman guy and while I may consider this trade to be a positive opportunity for Coleman you can trust that I am not "rejoicing". Coleman's career has been a huge disappointment thus far and anything I get out of him at this point is going to be considered a win. He is far from fantasy relevant, has done absolutely nothing in his career and has everything to prove to his new employers at this point.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:46 am

Servo wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:13 am
0LDMAN wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:48 pm Going to a team that can actually win and has some semblance of an actual football team will only help him.
You're basing this off of a team with Tyrod at QB...and now that QB room could be catastrophic.

The easiest conclusions to jump to are:

#1 - Coleman didn't show nearly enough for Cleveland to want to keep him. A plethora of injuries and bad plays like his easy drop to seal Cleveland's winless season probably made everyone sour on him...rightfully or not. 2 years removed from being a 1st round pick to being sold for peanuts.

#2 - Is Zay Jones done? Nothing overly positive has come out on the kid all of 2017 and now 2018.

#3 - Does Cleveland move Duke into the slot or do they go with Callaway or a Dez type signing?

#4 - Fantasy owners may be rejoicing but just because a team needs bodies to throw to, might not equate to fantasy relevance.

If Coleman is on waivers or can be had for a 4th+ rookie pick, maybe I'm adding him but you'd be prompt keeping expectations pretty low. Almost reminds me of the DGB situation.
Exactly what I was thinking when I saw this, a WR that we loved showed the "upside" at times but has major issues traded for pennies to an "improved" situation. Just reeked of DGB from two years back